The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=621)
-   -   Do you think Wonder Woman will debut in the sequel? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=462299)

Spider-Kurt! 07-25-2013 09:07 AM

Do you think Wonder Woman will debut in the sequel?

While I think she deserves and could carry her own movie, I have a feeling that the studio powers that be might play it safe so to speak and make an orgin movie where Superman and Batman play large roles as a way of jumping to the JLA movie. Call it the Trinity or whatever but what do you think of that notion?

Rorschach2012 07-25-2013 10:43 PM

Re: Do you think Wonder Woman will debut in the sequel?

I think it's a great idea to do that. World's Finest 2015, Flash 2016, Trinity 2017, Aquaman 2018, Justice League 2019

smallville fan 07-26-2013 01:42 AM

Well since World's Finest is happening, what would be an interesting scene I'd like to see unfold would be this.

So both Superman & Batman are both on the trail for *insert villain here* and then they find out an assassination is going to occur at a ceremony involving various leaders of the United Nations, welcoming a new country which could spark an international incident and potentially WWIII and then make it there. Batman is then searching various rooms in the building and then something like this happens:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...ity-003-06.jpg

The DCAU JL/JLU fan in me wants to see it happen. Plus it'll be a great stand out moment for the new Batman. The rest of the scene then plays our naturally and the assassin tries to make a hit but of course Superman saves the day with his bulletproof body.

DigificWriter 07-26-2013 02:43 PM

Warner Bros. has been trying to get a Wonder Woman movie off the ground for years but have ran into scripting problems. Even Joss Whedon couldn't make a script work in a final draft.

My point is that it's not about whether or not WW deserves her own movie or about Warner Bros. 'playing it safe' by introducing her in a film like this or JLA, it's about making the character work in a final-draft script.

Silvermoth 07-28-2013 12:43 AM

I reckon it would be very foolish to not have Diana appear at the end of worlds finest to lead into the justice league film.

Spider-Kurt! 07-28-2013 11:02 AM

World's Finest 2: The Trinity could be the title. I have a feeling Intergang may have a role in the first movie. Maybe for the next Themescara could be under attack by Parademons who have placed boom tubes all over the earth and Wonder Woman leaves the island to avenge her fallen Amazon sisters. There she joins Batman and Superman who have already been in battle.

TheFlamingCoco 08-01-2013 05:16 PM

Tease Wonder Woman's appearance near the end-Marvel style. Show the Lasso of truth somewhere prominently, or imply an invisible ship, and cut to a silhouette of this famous figure.

DrMylesOBoogie 08-02-2013 09:06 PM

I think she'll be teased in the 'Worlds Finest' (I'm not calling it anything else), at some stage. Goyer/Synder just cant help themselves.

TheFlamingCoco 08-05-2013 02:46 PM

^ Which, within the context of a DCU, is a GOOD thing.
Heck, without showing a Wonder Woman reference, WB might not greenlight it!

Rorschach2012 08-07-2013 06:38 PM

**** the idea of Wonder Woman being a Kryptonian descendant from the pods they left on Earth thousands of years ago. That throws her whole story out the window and prevents any future solo movies.

She has to have the Greek Amazonian backstory and gods and monsters have to be a part of her story. Basically she needs to be like a good version of Clash of the Titans mixed with Gladiator

Rorschach2012 08-07-2013 06:39 PM

If Trinity is the next film after Batman vs Superman, they HAVE TO touch upon Batman and Diana's relationship

psylockolussus 08-10-2013 12:27 AM

I don't think it will happen but its a good idea. :D

Audrey 08-18-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 (Post 26582251)
If Trinity is the next film after Batman vs Superman, they HAVE TO touch upon Batman and Diana's relationship

Or they could allow Diana to have her OWN story and her OWN relationship in her OWN narrative as opposed to making people think she's a love interest for a male hero.

Just a thought.

Senator Pleasury 08-20-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audrey (Post 26665305)
Or they could allow Diana to have her OWN story and her OWN relationship in her OWN narrative as opposed to making people think she's a love interest for a male hero.

Just a thought.

I was thinking the same about another character... don't know if you remember him... Superman, anyone?

jonathancrane 08-20-2013 06:09 PM

I do not want to see Wonder Woman in a relationship with any of the League members. :barf:

It would be terrible, reducing her to a romantic surface.

Hypestyle 08-30-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallville fan (Post 26469165)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^since when is batman that much taller than wonder woman?

Spider-Aziz 09-16-2013 11:28 AM

It's possible
Only if this movie is successful enough
And considering they don't want to give Wonder Woman her own movie yet

Spider-Kurt! 09-17-2013 06:23 PM

Another possibility is that if the proposed Flash tv series is a hit then maybe a new Wonder Woman tv series might get green lit with the possibility of both tv versions appearing in the live action Justice League movie. I'm thinking something like this will happen with Agents of SHIELD and Marvel's big budget movies.

Rorschach2012 09-29-2013 03:04 AM

The Justice League animated series is what made me appreciate the Diana/Bruce relationship

charl_huntress 11-12-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury (Post 26683791)
I was thinking the same about another character... don't know if you remember him... Superman, anyone?

No, absolutely not. Don't even jokingly advocate for pairing Wondy and Supes.

lc23 11-30-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathancrane (Post 26683933)
I do not want to see Wonder Woman in a relationship with any of the League members. :barf:

It would be terrible, reducing her to a romantic surface.

Thank you. We hardly need anymore Batman ****-riding at this point, especially not at WW's expense (which is what that whole pathetic farce of a "relationship" in DCAU's JL/U was about: showing what an "awesome and badass playa" Batman was :whatever:).

Spider-Kurt! 12-02-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charl_huntress (Post 27205745)
No, absolutely not. Don't even jokingly advocate for pairing Wondy and Supes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hint at WW and Supes being attracted to one another. Maybe even sharing a kiss at one point but nothing else.

charl_huntress 12-02-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Kurt! (Post 27326881)
I wouldn't be surprised if they hint at WW and Supes being attracted to one another. Maybe even sharing a kiss at one point but nothing else.

le sigh...because it's in the comics I'm almost apt to agree, but MOS set up a good relationship between him and Lois. I do not want some sort of asinine sexual tension between him and Wondy. Give her the look...sure she's hot, but that's it.

Spider-Kurt! 12-02-2013 10:26 PM

I'd be satisfied with that too

Spider-Kurt! 12-04-2013 06:44 PM

So much for this thread :-)