The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   FOX Shared Universe (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=462609)

Green Goblin 07-29-2013 12:14 PM

FOX Shared Universe

Seeing as after DOFP they are trying to make a universe to rival the MCU, what can and should FOX do to make it work? How could they tie in the F4 reboot?

def28 07-29-2013 12:21 PM

Re: FOX Shared Universe

From what I've read I don't think they will have any sort of major crossover with F4 for awhile if at all. Maybe they can have cameos to build up that they exist in the same world but I think they will crossover multiple X-Men films (X-Men, X-Force etc) and lead into a AOA film before a F4/X-Men film is even in the works. The X-Men have enough characters on their own that have yet to been established, and we know they are doing multiple films from them.

AOA should be their priority not a X/F4 crossover imo. Personally I'd rather see X-Men with more X-Men characters, and the F4 proving they can have at least 2 movies on their own that don't suck. No reason for F4 to take screen time from an already overcrowded X-Men franchise.

GuestStar2004 07-29-2013 12:32 PM

id be surprised if there was any fantastic 4 cross over at all

what makes the fantastic 4... well... fantastic esp when there are mutants everywhere

it will be harder to give the fantastic 4 anything special

Green Goblin 07-29-2013 01:26 PM

Franklin Richards could appear in DOFP

Great Mind(s) 07-29-2013 01:27 PM

Got it guys. The FF are given their powers when they fly through the Phoenix Force! That way it ties it together with mutants. They're essentially unnatural mutants...

GuestStar2004 07-29-2013 01:42 PM

i don't think there is a phoenix force in these films

kasjan 07-29-2013 02:09 PM

News about Franklin were in Stryker computer, he knows the future?
Logan in 1973 will tell him everything, more than Eric in X2.

Great Mind(s) 07-29-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 26498705)
i don't think there is a phoenix force in these films

Not yet...well...there was at the end of X2. How can that be retconned? That was the greatest ending to any X-film thus far. I don't think Phoenix is done...I think part of Singer's redemption of the x-films will be to properly fix Phoenix.

She doesn't have to be FROM space, but rather go TO space. Like...the end of their original X3 that's what she was going to do. Become like the star child thing. So that could still happen at some point...

Zarex 07-29-2013 02:46 PM

I'm doubtful that FOX would be able to combine these two franchises. These were two separate character families sold at different times under different terms by Marvel. My guess is that Disney/Marvel could make a convincing argument that combining the two families is a violation of the spirit of the original, separate agreements.

BH/HHH 07-29-2013 03:47 PM

Am I right in thinking Fox has the rights to Galactus?

marvelrobbins 07-29-2013 04:08 PM

Yep.

Hyde 07-29-2013 04:10 PM

Yep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelrobbins (Post 26500229)
Yep.

Jinx. :o

BH/HHH 07-29-2013 04:35 PM

Cool, thinking X-Men and F4 vs Galactus maybe

marvelrobbins 07-29-2013 05:09 PM

Kevin Feige tried to neograte a deal with Fox prior to Rothman's depature when fox would
turn over the silver surfer and galactus to them in exchange for another extension of the
Daredevil rights.

psylockolussus 07-29-2013 11:57 PM

A X-Men / Fantastic Four movie would be massive if done right!

But of course the Fantastic Four reboot has to deliver first!

Angamb 07-30-2013 08:02 AM

I agree that we dont need 4F to show up on XMen movies. A short cameo by one 4f member will be fine, but more than that would mean less screentime for the actual x-men. So Id vote No.

I strongly believe that having FC cast, Original Cast and X-Force cast, Fox can easily create a huge x-men universe, having a big crossover after X-Force, combining the three casts, in case Fox wants it.

Im sure it would be really huge, if done right, and with the right storyline.

Id LOVE to see a X-Men Crossover with Original cast and appearances of Bishop, Cable, Domino, Sunspot, Gambit, Sinister, Psylocke, Archangel and more. It would be Awesome

M-2 07-30-2013 02:07 PM

I just want a GAMBIT AND THE MARAUDERS film! Then a Phase based on Age of Apocalypse, 4 Films that lead up to AoA!

Lord 07-30-2013 02:16 PM

Fantastic Four/ X-Men crossover? Please no, i'dd rather see them expand on the x-men franchise.

BH/HHH 07-30-2013 03:34 PM

Look it if happens it obviously wouldn't be straight away, I'd like to see X-Men & F4 vs Galactus for definite.

psylockolussus 07-30-2013 09:49 PM

My new "dream list" for FCU - FOX Cinematic Universe!

2014 - X-Men: Days of Future Past
2015 - The Fantastic Four
2016 - X-Men: The Mutant Massacre
2017 - The Fantastic Four Returns / The Wolverine Rises
2018 - X-Men: Age of Apocalypse
2019 - The Fantastic Four Forever
2020 - X-Men & Fantastic Four

Green Goblin 08-01-2013 07:13 AM

Galactus could be the treat that pulls them all together

Zarex 08-01-2013 10:12 AM

Here's how I think it will go, assuming FOX has the ability to mix and match characters from two completely separate contracts (which I doubt):

2014 - X Men: Days of Future Past
2015 - Fantastic Four: Keep Away From Home
2016 - X Force
2017 - X Men & FF: Mismatch
2018 - New Mutants
2019 - Aliens vs Predator vs X Men vs X Force vs FF vs Alvin & the Chipmunks

kasjan 08-01-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-2 (Post 26509551)
I just want a GAMBIT AND THE MARAUDERS film!

That was my idea in 2006, when we had The Last Stand movie. I wrote a plot about it to X-Men 4: Mutant Massacre at other forum. Looks like psylockolussus was there too, and he liked it.

marvelrobbins 08-01-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarex (Post 26526795)
Here's how I think it will go, assuming FOX has the ability to mix and match characters from two completely separate contracts (which I doubt):

2014 - X Men: Days of Future Past
2015 - Fantastic Four: Keep Away From Home
2016 - X Force
2017 - X Men & FF: Mismatch
2018 - New Mutants
2019 - Aliens vs Predator vs X Men vs X Force vs FF vs Alvin & the Chipmunks

Your making assumination.According to Avi Arad Kingpin was part of the spider-man rights and SOny loaned him to fox for daredevil.

What makes you think they couldn't put X-Men and FF In same movie.

Zarex 08-01-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelrobbins (Post 26527019)
Your making assumination.According to Avi Arad Kingpin was part of the spider-man rights and SOny loaned him to fox for daredevil.

What makes you think they couldn't put X-Men and FF In same movie.

Of course I am making an assumption - the same assumption people are making when they assume that these two separate character families can be crossed over without Disney's approval. Disney/Marvel can raise the argument, in court if necessary, that they did not sell the character families with the intention of their being merged, and that doing so has the potential to harm their future viability as separate entities.

I don't know if I would trust Avi Arad when it comes to character rights issues - he signed off on these terribly one-sided "in perpetuity" agreements back in the late 90s, which he later admitted to screwing up.
Greg Weisman, the Supervising Producer of Spectacular Spider-man was unable to use the Kingpin on his show due to a rights issue with FOX - which doesn't make any sense if Sony owned the character.