The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Wolverine (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=488)
-   -   The Wolverine Experience Thread (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=462681)

BH/HHH 07-30-2013 08:03 AM

The Wolverine Experience Thread

Thought it'd be good if everyone shared their whole experience of the film not just what they thought of it. But what did u do before and after it? Did anything special happen before, during or after it?

For me I was really looking forward to it but I purposefully wouldn't read the Claremont/Miller book until after I'd seen it cause I didn't want any kind of spoilers. Anyway, I went with 2 friends, I loved the film and afterwards we had a Nandos and discussed the film for a good hour. That was something new for me as usually after a film we all just go our seperate ways and I'm itching to chat about it. We all enjoyed the film, me mostly though. So it was one of my favourite movie experiences :woot:

What were yours?

ciscostudent561 07-30-2013 03:28 PM

Re: The Wolverine Experience Thread

I wasn't excited about the movie.
So I got there too late and had to blow an hour.
I went to Publix to get Buddy Fruits. Banana skim milk, they had none. Fail.
Hallmark was closed. I like to check out their gift section.
The movie theater took Tekken 3 out of the arcade. To hell with the management there.
Nothing to do.
Annoyed the cashiers
Pleasantly suprised at the movie, will see again.

souNdwAve89 07-30-2013 05:09 PM

I went into the movie with low expectations and walked out satisfied and pleased. A lot of people complained about the last act, but I have no problems with it. People cheered and gasp during the mid credits.

psylockolussus 07-30-2013 10:03 PM

Before watching the movie - of course, I posted here in this message board, went to a lot of websites related to the movie and I watched TV shows that might show clips from the Wolverine.

After watching the movie - I went to the internet to talk about it. Hopefully this weekend, I'll watch it for the 3rd time w/ my family.

danoyse 07-30-2013 10:15 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about this, when I saw the title:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Gianakin_ 07-31-2013 12:39 AM

I went in expecting a flawed masterpiece, based on what Mangold and Hugh were saying, and based on the majority of the reviews. I got something more. Second time was even better, I was able to get many more subtle things.

BH/HHH 07-31-2013 01:31 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing it again but I'm ones wait for the Blu ray now.

Gianakin_ 07-31-2013 01:37 AM

Oh, let me add that the 2nd time I saw it, some guy behind me was telling 2 girls (in a total "I know my comics" bragging manner) how XMOW and X3 were better than TW because they featured more mutants and fighting. Although I knew it, at that moment I experienced first hand why we get the films we get many times.

EliteF50 07-31-2013 02:21 AM

Didn't want to see it in 3D for the first viewing, so I didn't go to the midnight show. Went on Friday night with a friend. Got there an hour and a half early, expecting a line up. Instead, we waited the entire time without seeing any one else going to see The Wolverine, except towards the last ten minutes before the movie, where maybe a dozen people came in. Was kinda sad that there wasn't many people there.

481516 08-03-2013 09:37 PM

I saw it with my siblings. Honestly, I'm completely new to the X-Men (a new convert, now), and I'm going to go back and watch the other ones. It was a really good movie overall, and I'm glad to get into it.