The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=462693)

Thread Manager 07-30-2013 01:40 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Illuminata 07-30-2013 01:40 PM

Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)
 

Loki882 07-30-2013 01:40 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)
 
That would be really cool. Anna mentioned that she wanted some action scenes in X3 and was disappointed that she didn't get any.

xDOFPx 07-30-2013 01:54 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Sorry, but they were together for years in the OT, and were still together at the end of X3. I don't know where you get that she had a crush on Wolverine. In X1 yes, but it was more a buddy/father daughter relationship in X2/X3. Why would she need to set him free, he wants to be with her, you're argument makes no sense. Maybe they broker up and maybe not, we don't know yet.
They weren't together years. OT timeline spans 1-2 years max. She didn't start dating him until after X1. They weren't together that long at all. It was convenience and a teen crush. It's why they're such an unpopular couple with a lot of fans. More people bizarrely shipped her with Wolverine over Iceman.

They won't have lasted 10 years, it's not realistic. Especially when Rogue is literally untouchable for a big chunk of that time. It's why Gambit and her were so on/off in the comics during her untouchable years. And he was her true love. Bobby isn't anything close to that so them still in a relationship would be ridiculous and the audience will not buy it. Shawn's own words imply they aren't together anymore. And I am hoping they're not. That was one part I am begging Singer to have dropped. Rogue can't be kickass still whimpering over not being able to touch boring Bobby.

psylockolussus 07-30-2013 10:46 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
I doubt we would see Rogue fly in this movie. Maybe a super strength, but flight. I don't think so. At the comic-con, she said Rogue would have been her favorite mutant if she could fly. Maybe she's throwing us off to believe that she won't fly in DOFP but I doubt it.

Loki882 07-30-2013 10:59 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Ok, have her jump really far. We don't know how much time passed between X2 and X3, it felt like quite awhile given the tone shift.

xDOFPx 07-31-2013 04:55 AM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psylockolussus (Post 26514127)
I doubt we would see Rogue fly in this movie. Maybe a super strength, but flight. I don't think so. At the comic-con, she said Rogue would have been her favorite mutant if she could fly. Maybe she's throwing us off to believe that she won't fly in DOFP but I doubt it.

I don't think she'll have either power. Who could she get them off?

She doesn't seem to have scenes with Storm or Colossus and they are the only options for either power. She will probably borrow Iceman's or Magneto's if she has to fight.

Quote:

We don't know how much time passed between X2 and X3, it felt like quite awhile given the tone shift.
No it wasn't. It was a few months max. Rogue didn't age much through the three movies. It was less than 2 years for sure. Her and Bobby were not together that long. And she wasn't a team member that long either. It's why the teens weren't the greatest fighters as of X3. They didn't have the experience.

Mars123 07-31-2013 10:09 AM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
I wonder if rogue has a mini sub plot, hence why she isn't with many of the original cast?! It would give additional depth to the future scenes

jaymes_e06 07-31-2013 10:58 AM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
My guess that would make the most sense to me is: she is in an internment camp with the collar on and her next door cell mate (a blonde bad ass woman) try to escape together. They almost escape and they are attacked by the Sentinels. They blast them and the group of others trying to escape knocking off there collars.

Rogue see the blonde woman is mortally wounded. She puts her out of her misery by absorbing her powers and and jumping up and punching the Sentinel dead in its face and then pulling out it's power core with her bare hands.

Great Mind(s) 07-31-2013 11:02 AM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 (Post 26517503)
My guess that would make the most sense to me is: she is in an internment camp with the collar on and her next door cell mate (a blonde bad ass woman) try to escape together. They almost escape and they are attacked by the Sentinels. They blast them and the group of others trying to escape knocking off there collars.

Rogue see the blonde woman is mortally wounded. She puts her out of her misery by absorbing her powers and and jumping up and punching the Sentinel dead in its face and then pulling out it's power core with her bare hands.

That would work... But where does that leave her once things are altered? Itd be a big coincidence if she has the powers again in an alternate universe...

ciscostudent561 07-31-2013 11:10 AM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
find a ms marvel to drain plz thank you

Loki882 07-31-2013 01:29 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Captain Marvel, thank you very much good sir.

Mars123 07-31-2013 01:33 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 (Post 26517503)
My guess that would make the most sense to me is: she is in an internment camp with the collar on and her next door cell mate (a blonde bad ass woman) try to escape together. They almost escape and they are attacked by the Sentinels. They blast them and the group of others trying to escape knocking off there collars.

Rogue see the blonde woman is mortally wounded. She puts her out of her misery by absorbing her powers and and jumping up and punching the Sentinel dead in its face and then pulling out it's power core with her bare hands.

Instead of blonde could it be the character played by Amelia giovanni?! The character elizabeth Sanchez?!

jaymes_e06 07-31-2013 04:44 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) (Post 26517535)
That would work... But where does that leave her once things are altered? Itd be a big coincidence if she has the powers again in an alternate universe...

True. But they could at least show at the end that the "blonde mutant" is with the X-Men so it leaves it open to happening again in future sequels.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars123 (Post 26518691)
Instead of blonde could it be the character played by Amelia giovanni?! The character elizabeth Sanchez?!

I'm not sure. Is that even a comic book character?

Mars123 07-31-2013 04:50 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Not sure who she is... But as she's on imdb thought I hypothesise who she is!

Great Mind(s) 07-31-2013 04:53 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xDOFPx (Post 26515681)
I don't think she'll have either power. Who could she get them off?

She doesn't seem to have scenes with Storm or Colossus and they are the only options for either power. She will probably borrow Iceman's or Magneto's if she has to fight.

No it wasn't. It was a few months max. Rogue didn't age much through the three movies. It was less than 2 years for sure. Her and Bobby were not together that long. And she wasn't a team member that long either. It's why the teens weren't the greatest fighters as of X3. They didn't have the experience.

Well I guess however long it takes for Jean to grow her hair from short to long.

Duran Man 07-31-2013 04:59 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xDOFPx (Post 26515681)
I don't think she'll have either power. Who could she get them off?

Warpath. It's the only way I see him being of any use.:hehe:

DOFP 07-31-2013 06:15 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
I though warpath would be in the future, and Rogue is in the present . . . . ??

marvelrobbins 07-31-2013 06:24 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DOFP (Post 26521809)
I though warpath would be in the future, and Rogue is in the present . . . . ??

Your right.

xDOFPx 07-31-2013 06:45 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) (Post 26520907)
Well I guess however long it takes for Jean to grow her hair from short to long.

It only takes a few months to do that. The timeline for X1-X3 is 1-2 years max. And two years is probably being liable.


Quote:

Warpath. It's the only way I see him being of any use.
Different timelines. I don't think Rogue will have or gain extra powers in DOFP. She will definitely borrow other powers but I don't think there is the opportunity for her to gain any. Especially as the time travel will make that timeline obsolete anyway so she wouldn't have the powers in the altered one.

psylockolussus 07-31-2013 09:42 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xDOFPx (Post 26515681)
She doesn't seem to have scenes with Storm or Colossus and they are the only options for either power. She will probably borrow Iceman's or Magneto's if she has to fight.

Well first we don't know which scenes did she film and second, there's camera tricks/green screen.

xDOFPx 08-01-2013 04:28 AM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psylockolussus (Post 26523309)
Well first we don't know which scenes did she film and second, there's camera tricks/green screen.

We do have a fare idea of who Anna filmed with. She wasn't on set with Daniel unless she came back a 2nd time. Halle is a question mark, if she was it was very briefly. Unless there was secret filming we're unaware of.

They can't do camera tricks to have her take powers of people she doesn't have a scene with. Be realistic. She is not getting powers that way.

Angamb 08-01-2013 06:00 AM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
why are we overanalyzing Rogue's possible scene partners on here??

there wont be anything left for the surprise, you know?

I want to go watch the trailers or go to the theatre without knowing if Rogue cant have a scene with this actor or if she only can interact with that one and that other one.

this overanalysis is too much

xDOFPx 08-01-2013 01:28 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angamb (Post 26525747)
why are we overanalyzing Rogue's possible scene partners on here??

there wont be anything left for the surprise, you know?

I want to go watch the trailers or go to the theatre without knowing if Rogue cant have a scene with this actor or if she only can interact with that one and that other one.

this overanalysis is too much

Because it's stupid going in expecting things that won't happen. This is why X3 was so disappointing because our expectations were way too high. Especially in the case of Rogue. I want to be prepared.

I feel better knowing in-advance what I may not be getting. I'll enjoy what I do get a lot more. If we get surprises then that is brilliant. As for the filming schedule talk that actually started in this thread back in April. Most of the evidence is already in here :cwink:

Figs 08-01-2013 04:51 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
I don't care all that much about who she shares scenes with. I'm wondering what she's going to be doing in her scenes.

As much as I would love for her to be able to fly, or have super strength at the very least, I just don't think it's going to happen. If it doesn't happen, I have a feeling she'll be kind of wasted since she won't be much help in a Sentinel fight, if they have one in their time period.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.