The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   DC Comics (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Trinity War?? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=463241)

Shazam 08-07-2013 11:16 AM

Trinity War??

Is it just me....or does it seem too soon into this New 52 universe to do this type of story. We still don't know who even the classic characters are........Wonder Woman is different, Superman, and even Zero Year is giving us a new take on Batman. Shazam is barely into his thing.......

Why the bad blood with Jonn Jonzz??? What's his deal?? Why is he so ruthless in this new universe??? And now all of a sudden we have this huge war??? Just seems rushed........

Anyway ....the match ups look typical .....Batman v Catwoman ...........Superman v Manhunter

Never understood the big deal with Superman and Jonn........two words ends that fight.......(HEAT VISION). Is the new 52 Superman willing to not hold back and just blast this dude?? Fire is an easy fix.

Cain 08-07-2013 11:19 AM

Re: Trinity War??

Seems like you're just jumping to conclusions about a story you're not even reading to me.

Superman Earth1 08-07-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazam (Post 26578363)
Is it just me....or does it seem too soon into this New 52 universe to do this type of story. We still don't know who even the classic characters are........Wonder Woman is different, Superman, and even Zero Year is giving us a new take on Batman. Shazam is barely into his thing.......

I might agree with this part if DC didn't do that 5 year leap into the future after Action and Justice League. With them now well established I think this war could happen whenever they please.

Hush 08-07-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 26578375)
Seems like you're just jumping to conclusions about a story you're not even reading to me.

^^^^^ This.

Shazam 08-07-2013 01:05 PM

okey dokey

Shazam 08-07-2013 09:30 PM

Just read JLA ...part 2 of this story. Can someone tell Batman not to call Superman "CLARK" while they are in the belly of the enemy facility!! :doh:

Did anyone catch that? While talking to Diana and Supes clamped down in that chair, Batman tells Diana about them "helping Clark". Ya' think there might be more than a few mics and cameras in a room where ARGUS is holding the most powerful man on the planet???

No doubt an editorial error. I hope!:huh:

Hush 08-07-2013 11:06 PM

Do you honestly think A.R.G.U.S doesn't have an idea about Clark? Not trying to be a smart ass but Trevor alone worked with this team for 5 years and Waller is alot like Nick Fury in that she knows alot about everyone.

Shazam 08-08-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hush (Post 26584743)
Do you honestly think A.R.G.U.S doesn't have an idea about Clark? Not trying to be a smart ass but Trevor alone worked with this team for 5 years and Waller is alot like Nick Fury in that she knows alot about everyone.

Maybe ....maybe not! Just because Trevor worked with the JL doesn't mean he knows who they are.....

We cant assume they know their identities.

And even if they did, do you think someone who understands the importance of "secrets" being kept, like Batman, would still play it safe?? On the outside chance Waller and Trevor DONT KNOW, erring on the side of caution would seem to be what Batman would do......But he didn't........which is strange to me.

HighFivingMF 08-08-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazam (Post 26583675)
Just read JLA ...part 2 of this story. Can someone tell Batman not to call Superman "CLARK" while they are in the belly of the enemy facility!! :doh:

Did anyone catch that? While talking to Diana and Supes clamped down in that chair, Batman tells Diana about them "helping Clark". Ya' think there might be more than a few mics and cameras in a room where ARGUS is holding the most powerful man on the planet???

No doubt an editorial error. I hope!:huh:

It's Batman and Superman, I think they'd notice recording devices... I think the fact nobody noticed Question in the room breaking Superman out is proof enough they don't have recording devices.

Shazam 08-08-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighFivingMF (Post 26587329)
It's Batman and Superman, I think they'd notice recording devices... I think the fact nobody noticed Question in the room breaking Superman out is proof enough they don't have recording devices.

Superman could barely hear a thing with that hood over his head and coughing..... And it's ARGUS.....stuff is hidden. Can you not acknowledge that calling each other by their real names is just stupid while in the field and especially in the belly of the enemy's HQ.....

Geez..............

Just think it was a writing error

Hush 08-08-2013 12:47 PM

Not a writing error, Bruce calls Superman Clark all the time. It's rather common place in the comics now I mean it was the only way Bats thought he could get through and he did.

lonewriter 08-19-2013 09:07 PM

I'm enjoying it but I don't like how MM is behaving towards Superman.

Shazam 08-19-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewriter (Post 26677079)
I'm enjoying it but I don't like how MM is behaving towards Superman.

Neither do I.....
Why do you think he is doing that?

Naked Bat 08-22-2013 07:33 AM

I really appreciate it, and i think it's really more than heroes fighting heroes, unlike what I thought at first.

We don't know precisely why, but MM is at odds with the justice League as a whole.

Cain 08-28-2013 09:43 PM

Now that it's all wrapped up I really enjoyed this story despite it being an event leading to another event. That's something I already expect from Johns anyway it's become a habit of his. Unlike the crappy first arc of his JL run & the dumb "the Justice League killed my family" arc after that though Johns is finally finding a voice for his JL work with his JLA and JL issues in this arc. Poor Vic Stone, that was brutal. Also as a fan of 90's Aquaman I damn near geeked out when I saw what Sea King actually looked like.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Bring on Forever Evil.

Naked Bat 08-29-2013 05:35 AM

I totally agree. Vic's fate seems uncertain at best, and while I didn't really care for new 52 Cyborg, I really felt sad for him.

I was certain the box replaced our heroes by their earth 3 counterpart, so I thought sick Superman was actually Ultraman in need of Kryptonite. So the twist came as a surprise, because it was simplier. and yet, it work. There is a real sense of threat when the earth 3 villains attack.

I knew Trinity war was leading to forever evil, but I thought there would be an ending of sort, with the heroes already beaten for instance. I can't wait to read forever evil now.

This was really intense.

HighFivingMF 08-29-2013 08:50 AM

Poor Cyborg. Loved this event though.

I kept expecting Hal to show up to try and help at the last minute, but I guess he'll be a part of the Forever Evil event now. I know he's off being the leader of the Green Lantern Corps, but something like this has to get his attention.

Llama_Shepherd 08-29-2013 09:36 AM

My only real problem is I don't see why this and Forever Evil weren't one event.

Primal Slayer 08-29-2013 12:42 PM

While I have enjoyed this event, I am still waiting for them to address Darkseid looking for his daughter which I thought was alluded to being Pandora.

I LOVED that Superman was poisoned by someone implanting a piece of kryptonite in his body, been waiting for someone to be smart enough to do it that way or just infect him with enough kryptonite to weaken him.

And I wish after how much Johns has done to make people take Aquaman seriously that they wouldn't have killed off Sea King within 5 seconds of appearing.

Llama_Shepherd 08-29-2013 12:44 PM

Perhaps it will be elaborated upon in Darkseid #1.

It's amazing how little story was told in like 200 pages.

Cain 08-29-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (Post 26755157)
I LOVED that Superman was poisoned by someone implanting a piece of kryptonite in his body, been waiting for someone to be smart enough to do it that way or just infect him with enough kryptonite to weaken him.

Morrison did it first (Action Comics) bwahahaha.

I do wonder what Hal's role in this would be in the long run. It seems like Sinestro is the one that's going to take on Power Ring (and I hope he completely destroys him and burns him into ashes) so where does that leave GL?

I'm also really looking forward to Lex Vs. Ultra Man. Finally a Superman that Luthor could actually kill. I hope he makes it a slow and painful death because Ultra Man is such an evil bastard and doesn't deserved any less.

So I'm guessing since it seems that the JL's will be teleported and stranded on Earth 3 the reason Nightwing has been said to be very important to FE is because he will don the cape and cowl once again? that the Batman we've seen fighting alongside Lex in the promo images is really Dick?

I do wonder who the prisoner with the burlap sack was though. I don't think it's Alexander Luthor. It could possibly be a good guy Earth 3 Joker since he had a similar frame. Could this Joker had poisoned Earth 3 Alfred back on Earth 3? is this why The Outsider is insanely pale and always randomly going "HA!"? Is this why he was like "if only The Joker could see me now?"?

So many questions still lingering. Good thing answers will start coming in in just one week. BTW how stupid did Pandora look in the end of all this? lmao I was really laughing at how irrelevant the trinity of sin really was to all this. Here's hoping they actually have something purposeful to do in Forever Evil.

HighFivingMF 08-29-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (Post 26755157)
While I have enjoyed this event, I am still waiting for them to address Darkseid looking for his daughter which I thought was alluded to being Pandora.

Johns said right around the time that speculation started that Pandora is not his daughter.

HighFivingMF 08-29-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 26755803)
Could this Joker had poisoned Earth 3 Alfred back on Earth 3? is this why The Outsider is insanely pale and always randomly going "HA!"? Is this why he was like "if only The Joker could see me now?"?

Same thing I thought. Don't know if Joker will be the Prisoner though.

I wonder how long Power Ring's had his... power ring since Volthoom didn't return to his dimension until the end of Johns' Green Lantern run. He didn't seem very experienced.

I'm looking forward to Captain Cold Vs. Johnny Quick.

Cain 08-29-2013 11:46 PM

The only thing is that they stripped Volthoom down to his core and left him powerless before they vanished him. So I don't know how he'd be able to conjure up a new power ring to give away if it was indeed Earth 3 he ended up in. But it's possible that an alternate universe Volthoom is the one behind Power Ring's power.

Shazam 09-01-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep (Post 26753405)
I totally agree. Vic's fate seems uncertain at best, and while I didn't really care for new 52 Cyborg, I really felt sad for him.

I was certain the box replaced our heroes by their earth 3 counterpart, so I thought sick Superman was actually Ultraman in need of Kryptonite. So the twist came as a surprise, because it was simplier. and yet, it work. There is a real sense of threat when the earth 3 villains attack.

I knew Trinity war was leading to forever evil, but I thought there would be an ending of sort, with the heroes already beaten for instance. I can't wait to read forever evil now.

This was really intense.

If Pandora's box was simply a gateway device, why did each person's personality turn evil while holding it?

Was it sort of a contamination of evil emanating from Earth 3?