The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=463705)

Thread Manager 08-13-2013 11:19 PM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 9

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 08-13-2013 11:19 PM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 8

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Duran Man 08-13-2013 11:19 PM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 9

He was supposedly spotted on a flight from Montreal with Halle Berry, not that he was in Montreal.

Unless there's something I should know?:awesome:

The Infernal 08-13-2013 11:21 PM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

That has still yet to be confirmed as far as I'm aware.

Green Goblin 08-14-2013 05:59 AM

What will the post credits be?
Age of Apocalypse
Or
Fantastic Four

BeholdMe 08-14-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder (Post 26637457)
What will the post credits be?
Age of Apocalypse
Or
Fantastic Four

i hope for an AOA,but only if some characters are brought back in a new alternate reality. I know there will be deaths but if my fav dies then I say AOA. Are they even making any progress with the FF4 movie, i havent heard any casting or anything and dosemt it come out the same time as DOFP, i mean like next year?

Mr.M 08-14-2013 08:36 AM

FF is on again off again. I think Fox is just trying to save as much money as possible by cutting costs where they can. We've seen that already when they moved the production to Louisiana, along with the lesser name actors that have been "rumored" thus far. Maybe they cut costs to the point that they don't even make the film, but it is scheduled for Spring 2015. I don't think DoFP will end in an AoA cliff hanger, but it's possible we get an after credit tease. I just don't see them ending the movie in a cliff hanger when they've yet to secure anyone to a contract.

BeholdMe 08-14-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.M (Post 26637909)
FF is on again off again. I think Fox is just trying to save as much money as possible by cutting costs where they can. We've seen that already when they moved the production to Louisiana, along with the lesser name actors that have been "rumored" thus far. Maybe they cut costs to the point that they don't even make the film, but it is scheduled for Spring 2015. I don't think DoFP will end in an AoA cliff hanger, but it's possible we get an after credit tease. I just don't see them ending the movie in a cliff hanger when they've yet to secure anyone to a contract.

But what if they signed a contract to make like 2 more movies. By after credit scene what would that be, an future were everything is back to normal I dont know how they could end the movie without being referenced to AOA. I hate what they are doing with FF4 that could be a big movie if done right,what are these studios doing, they need us fans working for them.

gkokujin 08-14-2013 08:47 AM

FINALLY...saw it.

I cant really say anything as all the FX were clearly not there. I will wait till the official trailer.

I REALLY hope that we get the Colossus from X2 and not that monstrosity from X3

Mars123 08-14-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkokujin (Post 26637931)
FINALLY...saw it.

I cant really say anything as all the FX were clearly not there. I will wait till the official trailer.

I REALLY hope that we get the Colossus from X2 and not that monstrosity from X3

Surely a film isn't solely based on FX?! What about the drama, character development, premises of the story, the look of think, costumes/wigs...a lot of that looks pretty good!

xrs13 08-14-2013 09:02 AM

I was just looking at the costumes then when they are walking through the temple and I have to say, they all look badass. And Storms in particular has a very combat look. cannot wait to see them all :D

GuestStar2004 08-14-2013 09:02 AM

there may be some raw effects in the teaser when its released but the big money shots will most likely be in the trailer which will be a long time yet

Great Mind(s) 08-14-2013 09:02 AM

I am real excited about Rogue, Kitty and Iceman. I think its cool we saw them grow up from students to full adult X-Men in this one. Kitty I feel is the "good guy" replacement of Pyro in their group... Pyro went bad but they got a new friend and true x-member in Kitty.

Mars123 08-14-2013 09:03 AM

Yea comstumes are epic, and I'm sure the money maker shots Are all yet to come!

GuestStar2004 08-14-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) (Post 26637971)
I am real excited about Rogue, Kitty and Iceman. I think its cool we saw them grow up from students to full adult X-Men in this one. Kitty I feel is the "good guy" replacement of Pyro in their group... Pyro went bad but they got a new friend and true x-member in Kitty.

to be fair pyro was never a trainee Xman, he with rogue and bobby were just students like the other kids, its X-men 3 that decided they were training to become X-men

Great Mind(s) 08-14-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 26637987)
to be fair pyro was never a trainee Xman, he with rogue and bobby were just students like the other kids, its X-men 3 that decided they were training to become X-men

I dunno, to be fairer it was always an option. In X1 Xavier says some students go on to be regular people others stay on as X-Men. From the look of it, Rogue and Bobby were into the idea of being X-Men in X2 and Pyro you could tell wanted to be accepted/understoood by them and likely would have also joined up if not for all his angst and Magneto influence. Like, they wore uniforms at the end and I bet if Pyro didnt defect he would have too...

GuestStar2004 08-14-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) (Post 26638041)
I dunno, to be fairer it was always an option. In X1 Xavier says some students go on to be regular people others stay on as X-Men. From the look of it, Rogue and Bobby were into the idea of being X-Men in X2 and Pyro you could tell wanted to be accepted/understoood by them and likely would have also joined up if not for all his angst and Magneto influence. Like, they wore uniforms at the end and I bet if Pyro didnt defect he would have too...

where in X2 does it come across they wanted to be X-men?

narrows101 08-14-2013 09:40 AM

Michael Fassbender ‏@Fassbender_Way 10h
Michael Fassbender, Lauren Shuler Donner, Nicholas Hoult #XMen Days Of Future Past http://twitpic.com/d86ijn

https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQ...hNX-hrrTpkdk5o

ShuDonner Lauren Shuler Donner 15h
14yrs have Past since we shot X-Men. Who could've known this would be our Future? @BryanSinger @RealHughJackman #DOFP pic.twitter.com/638V82Hv7W

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRlUL22CEAAZmtY.jpg:large

Great Mind(s) 08-14-2013 09:41 AM

Well they asked for uniforms halfway through the film and at the end they actually were wearing uniforms...

xrs13 08-14-2013 09:41 AM

I love Lauren Shuler Donner :D

GuestStar2004 08-14-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) (Post 26638115)
Well they asked for uniforms halfway through the film and at the end they actually were wearing uniforms...

they were still students though, they were not trainee X-men at that time, it wasn't untill X3 that they were

like there was no sign of kitty in X2 (unless you count as tiny cameo) so they just threw her randomly into the mix in X3 as a trainee

Great Mind(s) 08-14-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 26638155)
they were still students though, they were not trainee X-men at that time, it wasn't untill X3 that they were

like there was no sign of kitty in X2 (unless you count as tiny cameo) so they just threw her randomly into the mix in X3 as a trainee

They weren't training but they were learning to use their powers. I doubt any of them thought they would have much of a non-mutanty future for themselves. I just feel like in their heads it was the logical next step for themselves.

Mr.M 08-14-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeholdMe (Post 26637925)
But what if they signed a contract to make like 2 more movies. By after credit scene what would that be, an future were everything is back to normal I dont know how they could end the movie without being referenced to AOA. I hate what they are doing with FF4 that could be a big movie if done right,what are these studios doing, they need us fans working for them.

I could see a Planet of the Apes type ending; like the apes have completely taken over and only a few normal humans remain. Obviously the Burton movie never got a sequel. So you could still end it with something like that. Will audiences really get it though? Or will only the fans... I'm not sure. Certainly a provocative ending, but I'm not sure it would resonate with the masses. Especially if there is another purple guy smiling at the end. I also don't believe FF fits into the picture in any way regarding DoFP. It may have influence with films later on, but I don't think Singer will shoehorn that stuff into this one.

EnDz0n3 08-14-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narrows101 (Post 26638109)

ShuDonner Lauren Shuler Donner 15h
14yrs have Past since we shot X-Men. Who could've known this would be our Future? @BryanSinger @RealHughJackman #DOFP pic.twitter.com/638V82Hv7W

I was wondering why she spelled passed wrong. I had to do a double take :oldrazz:

YavinIV 08-14-2013 11:07 AM

I love the pics! Just look at Michael and Hugh :atp: