The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Arrow (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 6 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=463751)

Thread Manager 08-15-2013 02:19 AM

Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 5

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 08-15-2013 02:19 AM

Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

mr. peasant 08-15-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King
If you want boring "realistic origins", more power to you. Just know that you're wrong.

Honestly, I don't see how "realistic" (or rather using today's equivalent to lightning and science goo, as far as not being well understood by the public) is mutually exclusive from "interesting".

After all, it's not really the method itself that is ever the most intriguing component to a hero's origins, but rather the circumstances around it and the storylines that unlock from it that are. Yes, Spider-Man got his powers after getting bitten by a radioactive spider. But it's only through Uncle Ben's death that a hero was born.

Deadpool7 08-15-2013 07:01 AM

Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 6

I've seen some pics floating around of Bex Taylor-Klaus (Bullet from The Killing) running around with Colton Haynes on the set of Arrow. Anyone know who she'll be playing!?!?

http://vancityfilming.com/arrow-colt...-taylor-klaus/

Nevermind, the homepage now has the news: Looks like she is playing Sin!

BH/HHH 08-15-2013 07:06 AM

They could easily have the lightning bolt work. What if Barry has like a side project where he's seeing the effects electricity has on certain chemicals. Maybe he needs more juice and uses a lightning rod, it goes wrong and ZOOM.

Also lets not forget the lightning bolt is symbolic, its the reason he wears it on his chest.

Loki882 08-15-2013 11:27 AM

Barry trying to use a lightning bolt to power his experiment would make him an idiot. However, maybe if he was conducting some kind of experiment to create a new source of electrical power (green project), that could make for an interesting origin.

BH/HHH 08-15-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loki882 (Post 26645395)
Barry trying to use a lightning bolt to power his experiment would make him an idiot. However, maybe if he was conducting some kind of experiment to create a new source of electrical power (green project), that could make for an interesting origin.

How would it? An experiment is just that an experiment, one times you have to try crazy wacky things to get results.

As I said above if its not lightning then what's the point of the symbol.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3211/...b9c458f7f9.jpg

carrrnuttt 08-15-2013 11:47 AM

Actually, lightning is one of the more plausible explanations (if there is such a thing) they can use for superspeed.

When lightning strikes, it excites the molecules in the atmosphere so much that it breaks apart these atoms where they then collide and form new combinations, such as Ozone.

I can see lightning [or some other VERY powerful electrical discharge] reacting with some other experiment Barry is conducting where it places his molecules in a permanent [but controllable] state of excitement. Might also explain his ability to vibrate through other molecules if they give him that powerset on the show.

Paradox1 08-15-2013 12:20 PM

I rather Barry be working on something involving the speed force being the reason he becomes the Flash.

mr. peasant 08-15-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrrnuttt (Post 26645523)
Actually, lightning is one of the more plausible explanations (if there is such a thing) they can use for superspeed.

When lightning strikes, it excites the molecules in the atmosphere so much that it breaks apart these atoms where they then collide and form new combinations, such as Ozone.

I can see lightning [or some other VERY powerful electrical discharge] reacting with some other experiment Barry is conducting where it places his molecules in a permanent [but controllable] state of excitement. Might also explain his ability to vibrate through other molecules if they give him that powerset on the show.

Except many, many people have been struck by lightning or zapped by electricity, and even more are familiar with its consequences. Generally, it's just death or pain.

carrrnuttt 08-15-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. peasant (Post 26646351)
Except many, many people have been struck by lightning or zapped by electricity, and even more are familiar with its consequences. Generally, it's just death or pain.

:whatever:

Quote:

...reacting with some other experiment Barry is conducting...

Project862006 08-15-2013 04:50 PM

Bex Taylor-Klaus cast as Sin in Arrow
http://tvline.com/2013/08/15/arrow-b...-season-2-sin/

Scarecrow_King 08-15-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. peasant (Post 26646351)

This is one of the worst arguments I've ever read.

How many people have been bitten by spiders? Or exposed to radiation? Or had their parents murdered? Hell, even genetic manipulation, which you are such a big fan of, is a real thing and we still don't have any superheroes. There's always something extra in the mix.

Stop trying to rationalize how somebody gets super powers. By their very definition, they aren't realistic. Even within the context of Arrow, it wouldn't make sense. That's what makes it fun.

rashad 08-15-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project862006 (Post 26647695)
Bex Taylor-Klaus cast as Sin in Arrow
http://tvline.com/2013/08/15/arrow-b...-season-2-sin/

She was amazing in The Killing this season.

Loki882 08-15-2013 07:54 PM

It will be interesting to see what her connection to Roy and Laurel is. It would be cool if this meant that we'll see Lady Shiva some time in the future.

BH/HHH 08-16-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradox1 (Post 26645789)
I rather Barry be working on something involving the speed force being the reason he becomes the Flash.

Well the two could easily be connected. Just have his investigations leading too him needing something like lightning to power his experiments.

Hunter Rider 08-16-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rashad (Post 26648539)

Agreed, this is a great piece of casting for Arrow.

BH/HHH 08-16-2013 11:18 AM

what can anyone tell me about the character Sin?

Primal Slayer 08-16-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BH/HHH (Post 26652531)
what can anyone tell me about the character Sin?

Well....she was Asian to start off...and was bring groomed to be the next Lady Shiva and part of the League of Assassins.

Frico 08-16-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rashad (Post 26648539)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter Rider (Post 26651655)
Agreed, this is a great piece of casting for Arrow.

:up:

Sawyer 08-16-2013 04:13 PM

Episode 205 Titled....

Ra's... Could it be? :eek:

jonathancrane 08-16-2013 04:17 PM

I would hope so, but, considering the relationship the network had with the studio over said character, I am not going to give into the excitement that the title evokes...yet.

Sawyer 08-16-2013 04:26 PM

I doubt they'd actually have him appear onscreen, but I could definitely see them alluding to his presence.

gohei_ 08-16-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 26654445)
Episode 205 Titled....

Can you imagine the kind of crazy that would happen if Neeson were cast? :oldrazz:

BH/HHH 08-16-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (Post 26653189)
Well....she was Asian to start off...and was bring groomed to be the next Lady Shiva and part of the League of Assassins.

Ahh thanks, guess they're making a few changes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 26654445)
Episode 205 Titled....

For real?