The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Gambit...? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=463783)

Carr 08-15-2013 07:52 PM

Gambit...?

So, they keep saying they're going to put Gambit in to one of the movies? Anyone know if they ever will put Gambit on the big screen. I mean, he's a great character so why the avoidance?

PoSeiDon 08-15-2013 08:20 PM

Re: Gambit...?

Everyone of our favorite characters won't be on screen at the expense of someone elses favorite character.

I do wish he was in it though. As far as future scenes go, they're all fighting the Sentinels, so it wouldn't be hard to give certain characters the speaking roles to set the tone of the film, and have everyone else as background/shown defending against the Sentinels. But then people would whine about "there are too many characters". Singer is an ensemble director and could handle that.

X-mens achilles heel for comic to film is that it has a lot of back story and characters to chose from unlike other comic to film franchises.

psylockolussus 08-15-2013 08:47 PM

He already appeared in Origins: Wolverine.

lordofthenerds 08-15-2013 08:58 PM

Can't blame you for forgetting him. He was pretty forgettable.

psylockolussus 08-15-2013 09:01 PM

He was the best part of that movie.

PoSeiDon 08-15-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psylockolussus (Post 26649529)
He was the best part of that movie.

DITTO!

I think he did a good job in the role. I think the character would be a beast under Singer or Vaughn's direction in a future film.

batboy99 08-15-2013 09:22 PM

He was the most UNforgettable character in Origins. He was one of the only redeeming qualities of that movie. Taylor Kitsch is great and damn fine :o

The Infernal 08-15-2013 10:16 PM

For me his is one of the highlights of Origins, but it's a bit late in the day for a cameo I think. Maybe he could have a small cameo and they've been fortunate enough to keep in under wraps, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Hopefully we can have Gambit back for a sequel. There's so much you can do with him.

lordofthenerds 08-15-2013 10:28 PM

I didn't think Taylor Kitsch's Gambit was particularly bad actually.

But to me, it always seemed like a bit of a waste to limit the character to a 10 minute role in a Wolverine Weapon X movie.

Carr 08-16-2013 01:07 PM

I understand everyone has their favorites, but they have been talking about putting Gambit in for a few movies now. I did forget about him in Origins, largely because I prefer to forget about Origins in general. The movie was terrible....Anyone have anyone else that'd love to see on the big screen instead of some of the big names already there?

Angamb 08-16-2013 01:13 PM

a girl posted this on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRymFJ4CAAA3K8U.png

I dont care about some haters on the net.... Id LOVE to see this on the big screen.

Karelia 08-16-2013 01:28 PM

I figured they might put him in the X-Force movie. I'd like that. Deadpool & Gambit on the same team= Success (For the film, not the team. :D)

Angamb 08-16-2013 01:30 PM

to me, the less similar to Origins the better.

That means, Deadpool with his team, and Gambit with his.

Mr.M 08-16-2013 01:43 PM

Since Gambit and Rogue's age don't quite match at all in this franchise, I'd try to find a replacement character for that relationship in FC 3, with Psyclock or Polaris filling the Rogue role. Gambit and Psyclock could definitely feature into a Sinister or mutant massacre movie in FC 3. Otherwise I think you'd need an older actor in the role. Taylor Kitsch has had some bad flops lately so that may be a good thing.

henzINNIT 08-16-2013 01:50 PM

Next time, next time.

Recast though for the love of god.

Angamb 08-16-2013 01:50 PM

Taylor can easily play an older version of his same character.

So there's no real problem about it.

is there only a problem to those who arent interested in seeing him joining the original cast.

henzINNIT 08-16-2013 01:53 PM

He's an average actor at best and yes, I'd like to see the character interact with Rogue in the present day. Might as well continue distancing Origins from the other films while we're at it too.

psylockolussus 08-16-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angamb (Post 26653203)
a girl posted this on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRymFJ4CAAA3K8U.png

I dont care about some haters on the net.... Id LOVE to see this on the big screen.

The tagline made me lol!

GuestStar2004 08-17-2013 06:25 AM

Apparently in one of the X2 special features Lauren Shuler Donner said the reason they haven't included gambit is because he is to similar to wolverine & cyclops in regards to his personality and powers

Angamb 08-17-2013 06:30 AM

I like to think Lauren never said that....

but its a bit hard

StarLord 08-17-2013 07:10 AM

Well that's a bit silly if she said that.

Nothing alike, powers or personality wise.

xDOFPx 08-17-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 26657993)
Apparently in one of the X2 special features Lauren Shuler Donner said the reason they haven't included gambit is because he is to similar to wolverine & cyclops in regards to his personality and powers

Which was retconned when they had Wolverine, Cyclops and Gambit in Origins :cwink:

What was said doesn't hold true anymore and hasn't for years. He had a cameo in X2 but it got cut. And Gambit was actually planned as being included in both Singers and the first official draft of the X3 scripts. But sadly he got cut again. They have intended for him to be in the OT timeline for years, it just never worked out for whatever reasons. Donner actually talked about who she would have cast for his role in the past. I would be shocked if he doesn't appear in any OT sequel to come. There are several ways they can get around his age in Origins.

psylockolussus 08-17-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 26657993)

I thought Bryan Singer said that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by xDOFPx (Post 26658205)
Which was retconned when they had Wolverine, Cyclops and Gambit in Origins :cwink:

What was said doesn't hold true anymore and hasn't for years. He had a cameo in X2 but it got cut. And Gambit was actually planned as being included in both Singers and the first official draft of the X3 scripts. But sadly he got cut again. They have intended for him to be in the OT timeline for years, it just never worked out for whatever reasons. Donner actually talked about who she would have cast for his role in the past. I would be shocked if he doesn't appear in any OT sequel to come. There are several ways they can get around his age in Origins.

I think if Josh Holloway didn't turn down the role, we would have seen Gambit in X3.

Project862006 08-17-2013 10:14 PM

isn't it kinda hard to do gambit since he would have to be like 60 in modern times if you keep origins in canon unless they just ignore him and do a new version like Vaughn did with emma frost

The Infernal 08-17-2013 10:18 PM

I'm sure something can be worked out. The x-men movies are hardly sticklers for continuity and people want to see Gambit & Rogue.