The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Future Batman Movies (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=625)
-   -   Pre-release: How do you rate the casting of Ben Affleck as Batman. (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=464147)

MessiahDecoy123 08-23-2013 12:03 AM

Pre-release: How do you rate the casting of Ben Affleck as Batman.

Perfect, great, good, okay, poor, or opposite of Bale?

skorponok 08-23-2013 12:24 AM

Re: Pre-release: How do you rate the casting of Ben Affleck as Batman.

I think he may surprise people.

And he SHOULDN'T BE Bale.

MessiahDecoy123 08-23-2013 12:42 AM

When Bale was cast just about everyone went through the roof in excitement.

That's what I meant by ”opposite of Bale”.

psylockolussus 08-23-2013 12:58 AM

Its good!

bullets 08-23-2013 03:31 AM

It's a great choice. There were some terrible ideas being thrown around so I'm glad this happened.

MessiahDecoy123 08-23-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullets (Post 26704185)
It's a great choice. There were some terrible ideas being thrown around so I'm glad this happened.

and very few of those ideas were as terrible as ”lets cast the non-versatile actor who was a lackluster Daredevil” only because he's gifted behind the camera and divide the fanbase””.

Tequilla 08-23-2013 10:19 AM

I remember being absolutely thrilled when a great pal of mine told me " you know whos going to be batman ? friggin patrick bateman !!!"

So yeah , the reaction now is the complete opposite of Bale.

I sincerely feel numb thinking we went from Christian Bale to Ben Affleck.

Meehh...it was great being a Batman fan this decade. Cool storylines , great games , and an amazing trilogy.

The winter is coming. And im ready for it !!

Senator Pleasury 08-23-2013 10:44 AM

Can't tell if it's great or anything of the sort, but so far it looks a good decision.

bullets 08-23-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 (Post 26704697)
and very few of those ideas were as terrible as ”lets cast the non-versatile actor who was a lackluster Daredevil” only because he's gifted behind the camera and divide the fanbase””.

No, Ben is a good actor. The fanbase will complain regardless. There's always a divide.

MessiahDecoy123 08-23-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullets (Post 26706597)
No, Ben is a good actor. The fanbase will complain regardless. There's always a divide.

There was hardly any divide when Bale was cast.

Everyone was popping champagne bottles.

bullets 08-23-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 (Post 26707681)
There was hardly any divide when Bale was cast.

Everyone was popping champagne bottles.

Until they heard him growl his Batman voice which has been parodied and ridiculed several times over.

Xak-Ell 08-23-2013 02:46 PM

i honestly think the only reason people hate him is because he isn't bale. and they can't figure out that bale is gone for good as batman

MessiahDecoy123 08-23-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xak-Ell (Post 26708675)
i honestly think the only reason people hate him is because he isn't bale. and they can't figure out that bale is gone for good as batman

I didn't think Bale spectacular. But I still think he was far better pick than Affleck is.

Bale was able to blend into the role. I think we'll all be staring at an obvious Ben Affleck in a Bat-costume instead of buying into the illusion of watching Batman onscreen.

Da Games Elite 08-24-2013 12:26 AM

Bale was a good Batman, and I feel like Affleck will be good too. Not necessarily great, but he will be a good foil to Supes.

Everyone is bringing up how everyone loved Bale when he was cast. Okay, cool, but that was following Batman and Robin, after a long period without a consistently good Batman. Keaton hadn't been Batman for over a decade. We needed someone new. Saying that Affleck is a poor choice because we, the fans, didn't think of him as our first choice isn't fair, since we're just coming off of Bale's run.

Besides, I'm sure, once the film comes out, we're all gonna shut up about it, and admit he's great. I thought I'd hate Caville as Superman, but I felt he was one of the best parts of the movie.

antonydelfini 08-24-2013 02:13 AM

I voted okay, but wouldnt be surprised if it will be better than just okay. The first trailer for this movie is gonna drive people nuts.

warhorse78 08-25-2013 04:37 PM

I voted he's a good choice. And anyways, I don't know if this means much because I was one of the few who actually dislikes Bale as Batmam. Actually, I hated Bale as Batman. But either way, I'll go in with an open mind, I was skeptical with Hathaway as Cat Woman, but went in with an open mind, and she ended up being one of my favorite things out of Nolan's Batman trilogy.

Green Ghoul 08-25-2013 07:53 PM

Initial reaction was opposite of Bale, but now that it's sunk in, I think he'll be a good choice. He has the look down, is a comic fan, and can contribute with the writing/directing. Not to mention WB could have gone with someone far, far worse.

jonathancrane 08-25-2013 07:58 PM

I think he will be a fine choice; he is miles better than some of the hopefuls suggested by the studio and fans (ahem Ryan Gosling.)

Webhead38 08-25-2013 10:58 PM

Hopefully the script and dialogue is good. After that, I'll start considering the cast.

Duran Man 08-25-2013 11:25 PM

Surprising, but good casting.

Spider-Aziz 08-26-2013 04:46 AM

In Argo he played the role of a smart planner and a strategist
In DareDevil he was a great action costumed hero

Great choice, and nothing is perfect

howl 08-26-2013 04:59 AM

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/im...sappointed.gif

Mr.M 08-26-2013 12:17 PM

I think WB knocked it out of the park. Best possible business move that will help market the movie, and perhaps take some power out of Snyder/Goyers hands, which is only a bonus IMO. No other actor would have brought in the creative input that Ben will bring. The best move would have been to replace Goyer for screenplay duties and keep Snyder on a shorter leash, but that aside, I think this casting is top notch.

redfirebird2008 08-26-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 (Post 26709719)
Bale was able to blend into the role. I think we'll all be staring at an obvious Ben Affleck in a Bat-costume instead of buying into the illusion of watching Batman onscreen.

This is the biggest challenge for Snyder and Affleck. Ben is a lot more famous than Bale or Keaton at the time they were cast. Makes it more difficult to suspend disbelief for the audience.

Mr.M 08-27-2013 07:35 AM

But you need a Batman with automatic presence. Only Affleck delivers that. None of the other rumored candidates would have, aside from Bale.