The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619)
-   -   BvS Fan Made Trailers (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=464295)

teagone 08-25-2013 12:00 AM

BvS Fan Made Trailers

With the recent news of Affleck being cast as Bruce/Batman (and Bryan Cranston being tapped for Lex), I thought I'd make a thread to share some of the fan edited trailers that will undoubtedly start showing up online. I've already stumbled across a couple on YouTube but I'd like to share my own trailer that I finished up earlier this evening; took about 5 hours out of my Saturday haha. Hope you all enjoy :)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Here's another one I thought was pretty nice. Love the Lex monologue from the Doomsday animated film.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

FeedOnATreeFrog 08-25-2013 12:41 AM

Re: The Man of Steel 2 Fan-made Trailer Thread

Dude, yours is awesome. Loving those drums with the quick cuts.

Also, Affleck looks like even more like a psycho waking up in the water when it's in the context of being Batman.

Good title too.

Masone 08-25-2013 12:51 AM

I like this one.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

teagone 08-25-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog (Post 26720609)
Dude, yours is awesome. Loving those drums with the quick cuts.

Also, Affleck looks like even more like a psycho waking up in the water when it's in the context of being Batman.

Good title too.

Thanks man! Appreciate the comments. That said, I just noticed a duplicate scene in my trailer :doh:. I was literally scrubbing through hundreds of clips and somehow missed adding one in twice. I'm only human! Going to re-encode a new version and delete the current iteration once it's done. I've listed my trailer as private for now (just so I can keep all the tags and description in tact) since I only just uploaded it. Finalized version should be up in like... an hour-ish?

jmc 08-25-2013 01:36 AM

Says private.

teagone 08-25-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmc (Post 26720875)
Says private.

Uploading new version now :)

teagone 08-25-2013 01:58 AM

And it's up!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Again, hope you all like it :)

WoodyROM 08-25-2013 02:21 AM

That was excellent

teagone 08-26-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodyROM (Post 26721073)
That was excellent

Thanks!

I stumbled across this fan trailer earlier today that also uses footage of Affleck, but also has some clips of Mark Strong from another film (not sure which) as Luthor. It's simple and short but I feel like it's pretty effective. Digging the music track they used as well.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

[edit] Apparently the same user uploaded a longer version which is just as good imo.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Project862006 08-26-2013 12:39 AM

strong looks better in those fan trailers i love cranston but mark has a more high class,cool,smoothness very sleek look about him and just looks tougher

teagone 08-26-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project862006 (Post 26729097)
strong looks better in those fan trailers i love cranston but mark has a more high class,cool,smoothness very sleek look about him and just looks tougher

I agree. Mark definitely has an edge to his look, both on-screen and real life. He seems like a too "on the nose" choice if they were going for a younger more physically capable Lex though. Almost generic. Matt Damon or Matthew McConaughey would have been my other two choices for a younger Lex.

It all depends on what direction Snyder and co. take with Luthor. Maybe Cranston is the perfect man for what Zack has in mind.

DCW 08-26-2013 02:16 AM

These are getting me so pumped for this !

Rust 08-26-2013 03:39 AM

Strong over Cranston without a doubt. Cranston just looks like a tired bitter old man whereas Strong actually looks driven and like he could hand you your ass.

Project862006 08-26-2013 03:50 AM

yeah strong looks like he can kick your ass while also having a certain upper crust quality to him while cranston looks like some dudes dad lol

i personally prefer someone else but thats my opinion on both of them

Glassjaw 08-26-2013 04:56 AM

Yeah I can't imagine Cranston ever powering up in a battle suit, but hey that's why they're actors right?

Definite points for any fan made trailers that have him being Jim Gordon though ;)

gdw 08-26-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masone (Post 26720643)
I like this one.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Where is all that Spider-man new suit footage from?

TheFlamingCoco 08-26-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project862006 (Post 26729797)
yeah strong looks like he can kick your ass while also having a certain upper crust quality to him while cranston looks like some dudes dad lol

i personally prefer someone else but thats my opinion on both of them

I want an actor who plays against type. Someone who plays the GOOD guy a lot. It would make his performance, and the character seem more like a shocker. And that's what Lex needs, a feeling of not having SEEN this character before, despite being in many of the Superman movies.

\S/JcDc\S/ 08-26-2013 05:39 PM

Most recent one I saw features Affleck as Bruce and Cranston as Lex. While I'm still not keen on Cranston, this is very well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4U4he3GgC4

I also like the use of multiple villains like Lex, Metallo, and Brainiac. I think people assume it is too many but this trailer shows it can work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nviH0aTqo7M

Van Petrol 08-26-2013 06:16 PM

^ That first one is excellent!

teagone 08-26-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ (Post 26734297)
Most recent one I saw features Affleck as Bruce and Cranston as Lex. While I'm still not keen on Cranston, this is very well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4U4he3GgC4

I also like the use of multiple villains like Lex, Metallo, and Brainiac. I think people assume it is too many but this trailer shows it can work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nviH0aTqo7M

Yeah, that first one is pretty solid. Nice find!

\S/JcDc\S/ 08-26-2013 07:48 PM

ya, I'm not a Cranston for Lex fan but the trailer was pretty solid.

smashmode 08-26-2013 07:54 PM

Dude not bad! Were the Bruce Wayne pictures from state of play?

ChocheTheHero 08-26-2013 08:02 PM

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

\S/JcDc\S/ 08-26-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashmode (Post 26735409)
Dude not bad! Were the Bruce Wayne pictures from state of play?

I think so. He has a lengthy list of where the clips were from on there. He spent something like 20 hours collecting and editing for that trailer :up:

teagone 08-26-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ (Post 26735515)
I think so. He has a lengthy list of where the clips were from on there. He spent something like 20 hours collecting and editing for that trailer :up:

It shows. I spent maybe a max 6 hours total on my trailer. That includes searching for clips, cutting, editing, and mixing the footage with the audio track.