The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Man of Steel (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   Anything in the wild about a Director's cut? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=464733)

X-Nemesis 08-31-2013 05:00 PM

Anything in the wild about a Director's cut?

I seem to remember seeing an interview with Snyder where he was asked about this but he certainly did not give a solid answer.

I love DC's mostly and am hoping with anticipation that we'll see one that fleshes out the movie even moreso.

Thoughts?

John-An 08-31-2013 05:23 PM

Re: Anything in the wild about a Director's cut?

I want directors cut... MORE MAN OF STEEL FOOTAGE!!! PLEASE!!!!

jonathancrane 08-31-2013 06:52 PM

If the only edit they make is the "he's hot" line, I will promote the cut like it is the Kingdom of Heaven cut. But, that and the extra footage would be awesome!

maluka 09-12-2013 10:25 AM

but...the "he's hot" line is already present in the movie...

\S/JcDc\S/ 09-19-2013 12:30 AM

Even though the extra footage was supposedly not crucial, I wonder if it woul make the pacing better. I'd love a director's cut!

Glassjaw 09-19-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ (Post 26870719)
Even though the extra footage was supposedly not crucial, I wonder if it woul make the pacing better. I'd love a director's cut!

Yeah maybe it wasn't considered crucial before the films release. After the complaints about pacing issues for some people, maybe they're looking at adding stuff back in for a new edit *fingers crossed*

herolee10 09-20-2013 03:09 AM

Problem is, there wasn't really much that was cut out. The only scenes that were really cut out from the film were the one featuring the Kents taking a infant Clark to the hospital and one where Lois is interrogated by the Military.

It's not really the case like it was with "Daredevil" or even "Kingdom of Heaven" where A LOT of footage was cut out, thus affecting the narrative of the story.

sef 09-20-2013 08:13 AM

Trimming the 180+ min rough cut Deb Snyder (I think) was talking about a while ago down to the 143 min theatrical cut seems like A LOT to me.

Apparently, there was also quite a bit of interaction between the Kryptonians on board the Black Zero in that omitted chunk of footage, which I definitely wouldn't mind to be brought back in a future 'Super Cut' of some sort.

John-An 09-20-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sef (Post 26876557)
Trimming the 180+ min rough cut Deb Snyder (I think) was talking about a while ago down to the 143 min theatrical cut seems like A LOT to me.

Apparently, there was also quite a bit of interaction between the Kryptonians on board the Black Zero in that omitted chunk of footage, which I definitely wouldn't mind to be brought back in a future 'Super Cut' of some sort.

I want that.. maybe a petition to WB :woot:

The_Manhunter 09-26-2013 11:01 PM

I'd love to see an extended cut! I bet with WB though they'll release it sometime next spring to get us to double dip lol

Steamteck 09-30-2013 07:29 PM

Except for Daredevil. I've never met a film that wasn't improved by the director's cut so I'd be in.

N7 Joseph Shepard 09-30-2013 08:57 PM

I hope they go the Watchmen Ultimate Cut route.....3 and a half hours :D