The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=464741)

Thread Manager 08-31-2013 07:08 PM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 08-31-2013 07:08 PM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 9

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

The Ironstar 08-31-2013 07:08 PM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

After DoFP,what will the 'All New,Uncanny' X-Men members consist of?

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/gi...-x-men/1-1.jpg

Mrs Vimes 08-31-2013 07:24 PM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

I don't know how they would play it of course, but I find it hard to see how any plot that happens in the future after the time travel is not going to be redundant. What would be the point of building up the "will they get Wolverine back home to the future" suspense if the whole idea is for that future never to exist in the first place? I know about the Godfather II comparison, but while that film explored different time periods it was never about changing one of them.

I also wonder how they would wrap up the story of the future!mutants if they do intend to keep it running beyond the timetravel setup. The only real option to me seems to be for everyone to die in some kind of final climatic battle.

psylockolussus 08-31-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Before we got official confirmation of most of these things Vulture were the first to correctly tell us who Helman and Dinklage were playing, that Kitty sent Wolverine back in time, and that most of the cast would be on the SDCC panel. They have been right so far in everything. All that is left to be confirmed or debunked is something going wrong after Kitty sends Wolverine back in time and the team having to track down a mutant who can absorb her powers to bring Logan back. The site think it's Rogue. The trailer of her seemingly being rescued from what is probably a mutant internment camp makes that spoiler also look true. I personally think it is and that is Rogue's role in the plot. That she isn't around the whole thing and isn't part of the team anymore for whatever reason until she's retrieved by Iceman and Magneto. It would explain why the future plot runs throughout the movie even after the time travel part.
I have a feeling when they rescue Rogue, Shadowcat will be part of it. Her phasing ability would be very useful!

Phoenix_Flare 09-01-2013 09:10 AM

I had a weird dream the other day, about the ending of this film. I dreamt that it ended like in XM:Evo, with young Xavier having a glimpse into the older Charles' mind, we get a glimpse of Magneto and him working together again (hence the recruitment of Jean ala TLS), a lot of mutant protest, Sen. Kelly(from X1), the X-Men team grow and change, etc

it was pretty interesting I guess it'll take place after the scene w/McAvoy and Stewart meeting on the astral plane I presume.

GuestStar2004 09-01-2013 09:12 AM

if the 1st teaser comes out with hunger games 2 which would be the best bet that pretty much means we won't get a teaser till november... that kinda sucks.

oh well may mean some effects will be finished for the teaser

xrs13 09-01-2013 09:19 AM

I will just be happy when we get the trailer. It would be nice if they announced some other stuff though, maybe some more info on how its gonna work.

Malcolm Reynold 09-01-2013 10:09 AM

If young Magneto doesn't wear this suit for at least some of the movie I'm going to be disappointed.
http://reel3.com/images/2012/malefic...agneto_red.jpg

Iceman 09-01-2013 10:14 AM

Yeah but get a tailor to get it fitted.

Mulholland-Jr 09-01-2013 11:26 AM

He's probably getting a new suit along with the new helmet.

TheComicbookKid 09-01-2013 12:23 PM

It's kinda weird that none of them are wearing uniforms for any length of time in the 70s scenes. It's as if they don't act as obviously in the 70s.

I know Singer doesn't tend to put the X-men in costume in a major way until the third act, but I was hoping we were going to have some yellow/blue action in the first act.:csad:

Nell2ThaIzzay 09-01-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid (Post 26771893)
It's kinda weird that none of them are wearing uniforms for any length of time in the 70s scenes. It's as if they don't act as obviously in the 70s.

I know Singer doesn't tend to put the X-men in costume in a major way until the third act, but I was hoping we were going to have some yellow/blue action in the first act.:csad:

How do we know they aren't?

Afterall, all we've seen is about a minute and a half of leaked footage that we weren't supposed to see, and the bulk of that revolved around the future time period, where they were in uniforms. The only 70's footage that we saw appeared to be at a civilian rally, not some sort of mission scenario. And Xavier, Beast, and Logan in the subbasement / Cerebro.

Anyways, what X-Men are even left in the 70's? Havok is in the army. Banshee is gone. Mystique is with Magneto. Darwin is dead, Angel went with Shaw, then Magneto, and now isn't in the movie. And we don't have any word of any new characters in the 70's time period that would be actual X-Men members... as I don't think Quicksilver is being used as a member of the X-Men.

Mars123 09-01-2013 12:41 PM

Hey guys been away for the weekend! Any updates or interesting conversations happened recently?! Feels like I need to catch up!

Angamb 09-01-2013 03:15 PM

kind off topic-kind related:

according to a fanprofile on twitter, Taylor Lautner will appear in a movie by Bryan to be released next year.

The account told me that Taylor mentioned that, but they arent sure if its for X-Men.

If true, probably something new, but would be curious if he ended playing Thunderbird in the 70's, with his brother in the present time. We all remember that old rumour of Bryan wanting him for First Class, so everything could happen :D

I wouldnt be mad with a cameo, honestly, even if he isnt one of the best young actors out there.

jaymes_e06 09-01-2013 03:48 PM

^Please sweet baby Jesus no!!!

Farren 09-01-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malcolm Reynold (Post 26771367)
If young Magneto doesn't wear this suit for at least some of the movie I'm going to be disappointed.

This

Figs 09-01-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malcolm Reynold (Post 26771367)

Same here. It needs to be fixed up a bit, but I don't want him to only wear regular clothes like in the set pics we've all seen.

Mars123 09-01-2013 04:26 PM

Well he definetly can wear wear it as its established at the end if FC but well have to wait and see

CyclopsWasRight 09-01-2013 04:37 PM

Magneto needs this helmet and this helmet only. no reimagineings or weird Old Man Magneto helmet.

http://deskofbrian.com/wp-content/up...-helmet-on.jpg

Mulholland-Jr 09-01-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay (Post 26771907)
. And we don't have any word of any new characters in the 70's time period that would be actual X-Men members... as I don't think Quicksilver is being used as a member of the X-Men.

Singer mentioned Quicksilver will be wearing a blue and yellow outfit so it's safe to say he's an X-Men.

Mulholland-Jr 09-01-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droidwarrior (Post 26773185)
Magneto needs this helmet and this helmet only. no reimagineings or weird Old Man Magneto helmet.

You're gonna be disappointed then.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHqeIG_CIAEJCup.jpg:large

Duran Man 09-01-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr (Post 26773203)
Singer mentioned Quicksilver will be wearing a blue and yellow outfit so it's safe to say he's an X-Men.

I remember him only saying that he'd wear 70s clothes.

Nell2ThaIzzay 09-01-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Figs (Post 26773011)
Same here. It needs to be fixed up a bit, but I don't want him to only wear regular clothes like in the set pics we've all seen.

Well unless I'm missing some, we've only seen set pics of Magneto in one scene. And I'm pretty sure Fassbender's Magneto is going to be in more than just one scene. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr (Post 26773203)

You have a link?

Not saying you're wrong, I just haven't seen this myself.

xrs13 09-01-2013 05:21 PM

I guess I am the only one that burst out laughing when I saw fassbender at the end in that costume. I prefer the Mckellen magneto helmet by far!