The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Misc. Comics Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The official Dredd 2 thread (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=464751)

Malcolm Reynold 09-01-2013 02:32 AM

The official Dredd 2 thread

If it does get made, what would you like to see in it? Which stories would you want adapted and who would you cast as the other Judge Dredd side characters?

Also please sign the petition for a sequel if you haven't already.
http://2000adonline.us5.list-manage....&id=62906ebdcc

AVEITWITHJAMON 09-01-2013 09:26 PM

Re: The official Dredd 2 thread

Well according to Alex Garland while the first movie was being developed, they were going to do cursed Earth as the sequel. I wouldnt mind seeing that.

Dark Judges I think EVERYONE wants to see so I would like to see them adapted as well. Beyond that I couldnt think, its literally been about 20 years since I read 2000AD comics.

AVEITWITHJAMON 09-09-2014 09:14 AM

According to an article on the web-site which shall not be named. If they do a sequel it will follow the 'Origins' storyline, were Dredd and some others go into the Cursed Earth to search for Judge Fargo (who is essentially Dredds 'father').

Fargo was played by Max Von Sydow in the original but this would obviously be a very different story than that and very different movie. What do people think of this?

DarkSovereignty 09-09-2014 09:35 AM

I haven't read any of the comics but I loved the sh** out of the movie, so any sequel gets a big thumbs up from me.

gohei_ 09-09-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty (Post 29701019)
I haven't read any of the comics but I loved the sh** out of the movie, so any sequel gets a big thumbs up from me.

Same here. Only saw the movies and I would love to see Urban suit up again.

spider-neil 09-09-2014 11:37 AM

Everyone but everyone wants to see the Dark Judges so if there is a sequel please let's see the Dark Judges or Judge Death FINALLY on the big screen.

BatsDC 09-09-2014 03:21 PM

I'm cool with the Cursed Earth / Origins story for a sequel and then Judge Death in the third

Dredd was fantastic and is one of my favourite CBMs, I want a sequel to that more than any other movie at the moment

AVEITWITHJAMON 09-09-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatsDC (Post 29703187)
I'm cool with the Cursed Earth / Origins story for a sequel and then Judge Death in the third

Dredd was fantastic and is one of my favourite CBMs, I want a sequel to that more than any other movie at the moment

Sounds like thats what the plan, I dont mind them going the 'origins' route in the sequel at all, will keep the budget down for one, and its a really good story for two.

I am desperate to see the Dark Judges as well but if I have to I will wait until a 3rd movie.

Lilbaz 09-11-2014 05:57 AM

Wouldn't mind this being made into a series. Since Almost Human was cancelled Urban is free. Just let Netflix or HBO do it.

AVEITWITHJAMON 09-12-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatsDC (Post 29703187)

Same here, I dont mind them saving the Dark Judges for a 3rd movie. Origins would be good as the next movie because it would involve flashbacks to the creation of the Judges and stuff like, stuff we have never seen. Plus Rico would be involved.

the_ultimate_evil 09-12-2014 05:09 PM

if a second on is made, go dark judges, i dont wanna take any more chances we wont get them

Spider-Fan 09-12-2014 10:33 PM

I kind of agree. Right now, we will be lucky to get a 2nd movie, let alone a 3rd.

CyclopsWasRight 09-13-2014 12:28 AM

I'd happily take a Dredd 2 or Hellboy 3 over Ant-Man, Avengers, Fantastic Four or Sinister Six

GREEN =w= DAY 09-13-2014 01:17 AM

please pretty please let there be a sequel

AVEITWITHJAMON 09-13-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight (Post 29725281)
I'd happily take a Dredd 2 or Hellboy 3 over Ant-Man, Avengers, Fantastic Four or Sinister Six

I would have to 110% agree. HB3 and Dredd 2 could both be amazing, throw in Kick-Ass 3 as well which I hope happens and could be okay.

CyclopsWasRight 09-13-2014 03:15 PM

I hate that we never got a resolution to the Hellboy movies :(

They essentially left HBII on a cliffhanger

AVEITWITHJAMON 09-13-2014 03:18 PM

^I know, and each year it doesnt happen I lose more and more hope it will happen. Still cant believe Universal thought it would be a good idea to open it the week before TDK.