The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   The Immortal Iron Fist? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=464955)

CyclopsWasRight 09-05-2013 03:46 PM

The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
I'd love an Iron Fist movie.

Imo the best way would be to set the movie with him as a child and young man and finally an adult raised and living in K'un Lun after his parents death and keep the movie set in the east, perhaps someone attacks K'un Lun and steals a sacred artifact with him being tasked with leaving K'un Lun for the Earth Plane, retrieving it and returning it.

Since K'un Lun is only accessible every ten years from our plane, perhaps he misses the deadline and can't return and leaves for the states, his Parents homeland, at the end.

Place him in Detroit or Chicago or some city other than New York, as it would make a nice change of pace.

This could lead into a sequel where he meets Luke Cage and Misty Knight.

It could even link to or set up some other fantastical aspect like perhaps Dr Strange' monks being K'un Lun liasons between Earth and that realm, Fin Fan Foom being a Dragon that was rejected from K'un Lun

What Do you guys think?



(Having his origin told via flashbacks or early on and setting the movie in the west would draw to many similarities to Batman Begins and it would unfairly be called a rip-off.)

metaphysician 09-05-2013 04:53 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
I think, practically speaking, a Heroes for Hire movie would be more likely. It lets you play off two kinds of 70s style, as well as a buddy cop motif. Doesn't mean you can't still do the whole Immortal Iron Fist arc, it just means that comes later.

seahammer 09-05-2013 05:28 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by droidwarrior (Post 26796737)
I'd love an Iron Fist movie.

...

Place him in Detroit or Chicago or some city other than New York, as it would make a nice change of pace.

...

It could even link to or set up some other fantastical aspect ...

Good topic, Droidwarrior. I agree with these parts completely! (I thought this would be cleaner than just bolding the parts I agree with). As for how to bring IF to the screen, I agree with metaphysician:

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphysician (Post 26797197)
I think, practically speaking, a Heroes for Hire movie would be more likely. It lets you play off two kinds of 70s style, as well as a buddy cop motif. Doesn't mean you can't still do the whole Immortal Iron Fist arc, it just means that comes later.

I would go for a Heroes for Hire movie first for a couple of reasons. One, "real-estate" might be tight in the MCU film schedule. Two, IF is more well known as a Hero for Hire, not a solo act. And three, I think Heroes for Hire would be a neat concept from the get-go, but doing separate IF and PM movies, then putting the heroes together in a team up later, might start to lose its novelty (with Avengers 1 and 2 and Batman/Superman).

Having said that, you wouldn't hear a single peep of complaint from me if IF did get his own movie! I like what you said about having some connections to other mystical parts of the MCU, especially Dr. Strange.

psylockolussus 09-05-2013 09:43 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Something like 47 Ronin meets Kung Fu Panda feel would be great for this film!

Hypestyle 09-06-2013 09:49 AM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
I'd rather see a full-on action story without the full origin. We can see glimpses, but give me some real villains without an elaborate backstory.

metaphysician 09-06-2013 12:49 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypestyle (Post 26800917)
I'd rather see a full-on action story without the full origin. We can see glimpses, but give me some real villains without an elaborate backstory.

Yes, but what you, who presumably knows the character in detail already, want is unimportant. Its what will work for the average movie viewer, who has no idea who Iron Fist is going in.

OsGom 09-06-2013 03:35 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphysician (Post 26797197)
I think, practically speaking, a Heroes for Hire movie would be more likely. It lets you play off two kinds of 70s style, as well as a buddy cop motif. Doesn't mean you can't still do the whole Immortal Iron Fist arc, it just means that comes later.

I've been saying this for a while. Each character would have their origin, both really good origins, told in their respective styles. Iron Fist is a Kung-Fu epic and Cage in the vein of classic Blaxploitation, and then merge the genres for a Heroes for Hire. But I do agree that we would want to see the Immortal Iron Fist story at some point. Maybe when Luke gets called up to the Avengers would be a good opportunity?

I personally believe there is a market here to explore street level heroes in the MU. If I were running things I would spin Marvel Knights off into it's own brand and produce movies grittier and more adult oriented r-rated.

Daredevil, MoonKnight, Blade, Ghost Rider, IF, PM, Punisher, Daughters of the Dragon and Cloak & Dagger would all fit nicely under that label. Fighting street level villains and some of the many great supernatural threats in the MU. Maybe even a Defenders team up? There is potential here.

Anyone know if Marvel has the rights to Morbius?

CyclopsWasRight 09-06-2013 03:39 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Think Sony has Morbious. Though i recall him being a possible villian choice for Blade 2 and Blade is in Marvel Studios hands now.

Marvel Knights would be awesome, just keep them away from Avengers/SHIELD.

Love that idea of an Immortal Iron Fist movie then a Luke Cage movie then merge them together for all future movies

KRYPTON INC. 09-06-2013 07:09 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
I am good either way as long as Luke and Danny get their big sceen due and are teamed up. Solo films first or team up, both would be fine.

That being said, the way the IRON FIST mythos has been expanded and given greater texture in the books these past few years makes me think an IMMORTAL IRON FIST film could be incredible. The other cities and their champions, the previous Fists, Orson Randall ect. That's some great stuff. My one absolute non negotiable wish is this though: AISHA TYLER for MISTY, damnit!

CyclopsWasRight 09-07-2013 12:08 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
I'd prefer Fist and Cage to be younger than most of the MCU characters so far. Aroundmid twenties.

Yaya DaCosta would be a good Misty Knight.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...yfx3o1_500.png

Cam Gigandet for Danny Rand
http://imageshack.us/a/img716/3503/35mx.jpg

Ashley alters for Luke Cage
http://totallywould.files.wordpress....walters-07.jpg

KRYPTON INC. 09-07-2013 10:56 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
I don't know. I have reservations on the whole crew being so young.

1. Danny is a MASTER martial artist. That does not happen overnight, even with training from an early age. He should be a little younger than Luke, sure, but not by much. Late 20's to 30 tops. This is just my preference mind you, but I believe there is some rationality to it. Assuming Danny's parents die when he is say, between 8 and 10 he'd be over 25 at least after training with The Thunderer.

2. Misty has to be old enough to have graduated the police academy and been a beat cop for at least a couple of years before she even meets Danny. If there is a change in the character and we meet her as an already established P.I. then, again, she can't be looking like a callow youth. The audience would have to buy her as a tough as nails female Shaft.

3. Luke has to have his origin of being in jail for a good length of time. It's really essential to his character. Having him be under 33years old just seems very off to me. He is the one with more life experience than Danny.

This is just my take mind you. The powers that be at Marvel may go down a path closer to what you are thinking, but for myself I think these characters especially need to be older.

Dr. Evil 09-08-2013 11:08 AM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. (Post 26809223)
I don't know. I have reservations on the whole crew being so young.

1. Danny is a MASTER martial artist. That does not happen overnight, even with training from an early age. He should be a little younger than Luke, sure, but not by much. Late 20's to 30 tops. This is just my preference mind you, but I believe there is some rationality to it. Assuming Danny's parents die when he is say, between 8 and 10 he'd be over 25 at least after training with The Thunderer.

2. Misty has to be old enough to have graduated the police academy and been a beat cop for at least a couple of years before she even meets Danny. If there is a change in the character and we meet her as an already established P.I. then, again, she can't be looking like a callow youth. The audience would have to buy her as a tough as nails female Shaft.

3. Luke has to have his origin of being in jail for a good length of time. It's really essential to his character. Having him be under 33years old just seems very off to me. He is the one with more life experience than Danny.

This is just my take mind you. The powers that be at Marvel may go down a path closer to what you are thinking, but for myself I think these characters especially need to be older.

Yaya DeCosta is 30. She would be old enough.

VictusMortuus 09-08-2013 02:52 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
I'd like to see Iron Fist as a trilogy of movie, The first would be Dannys origin tale exploring the previous Iron Fists as well as his upbringing in K'un L'un, and end it with Danny arriving in a NYC changed from his childhood. Post cred. scene of Danny meeting Luke Cage.
After the 1st do a spin off HFH movie, then an Iron Fist 2 with Danny going back to K'un L'un to compete in a fighting tournament with the protectors of the other realms. Whilst the rest of HFH fights on Earth to secure the K'un L'un/Earth connection.
And for the 3rd one Danny and the HFH team up with the surviving protectors of the other realms to take on something on Earth.

Hypestyle 09-08-2013 09:55 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
I'd much rather see a full-on action story without the full origin. We can see glimpses, but give me some real villains without an elaborate backstory. I don't care what the general audience wants.

KRYPTON INC. 09-08-2013 11:40 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil (Post 26810903)
Yaya DeCosta is 30. She would be old enough.


I had never heard of her. The look of the picture is of someone closer to 20 than 30. That's actually besides my point though. Dacosta looks really young. Too young. Just my take though. As you may have guessed I am pulling for Aisha Tyler. :word:

Dr. Evil 09-08-2013 11:47 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. (Post 26814955)
I had never heard of her. The look of the picture is of someone closer to 20 than 30. That's actually besides my point though. Dacosta looks really young. Too young. Just my take though. As you may have guessed I am pulling for Aisha Tyler. :word:

Rosario Dawson would be my pick. She was rumored to have auditioned for Gamora in GOTG, so she may already be on Marvel's radar.

CyclopsWasRight 09-09-2013 04:50 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Age isn't a big concern of mine, but i wouild like them to be more 'everyday' than the current MCU characters.

For example, none we've seen have really done everyday life stuff. obviously having movies about just that would be boring we want to escape, but the characters aren't relatable in that aspect imo.

Cap is stuffy and rigid like an old man.
Widow is married to her job we've never seen her as who she is.
Stark is amongst amazing tech and riches.
Thor & Banner are the only one thats really shown to be living a somewhat relatable life for portions anyway.

For Danny, Luke and Misty i'd like to see them when they're off the clock and living everyday life as much as when they're on the job.

TheUnknownX 09-13-2013 11:31 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Aaron Tveit or Garrett Hedlund for Iron Fist

Tymminator 09-14-2013 11:22 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Heroes for Hire could be awesome.

venom892 09-15-2013 05:33 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
I'd love an Iron Fist movie. The Immortal Iron Fist being adapted would be awesome. There is a lot of cinematic potential there.

Derrick9592 09-16-2013 01:04 AM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
When I think of Iron Fist, I think of someone like Charlie Hunnam or Cam Gigandet playing the role along with Terry Crews as Luke Cage.

Dr. Evil 09-16-2013 11:11 AM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derrick9592 (Post 26853769)
When I think of Iron Fist, I think of someone like Charlie Hunnam or Cam Gigandet playing the role along with Terry Crews as Luke Cage.

Crews would not be a bad option, but I would think that Marvel would look at someone of similar age of Hunnam or Gigandet to play Cage.

xeno000 09-16-2013 11:52 AM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Iron Fist doesn't merit a solo film, IMO. He would need to be paired with Luke Cage in order to be viable. But conversely, Cage could definitely carry a solo film and should headline his own film before hooking up with Iron Fist.

venom892 09-16-2013 05:50 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Have you read any of Iron fist's stories? I feel his mythology is deep enough for at least one solo film. Him punching the heart of a dragon to gain his powers would be one hell of an action sequence.

metaphysician 09-16-2013 08:08 PM

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xeno000 (Post 26855281)
Iron Fist doesn't merit a solo film, IMO. He would need to be paired with Luke Cage in order to be viable. But conversely, Cage could definitely carry a solo film and should headline his own film before hooking up with Iron Fist.

That's. . . almost exactly backwards of how I see it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.