The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   "Merging of Brands"? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=465121)

Green Goblin 09-09-2013 12:16 PM

"Merging of Brands"?

In an interview with Vin Disel he stated that "I had a meeting with Marvel, something really big that people have been talking about for a long time, a merging of brands but I really can't talk about it now".

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09...nds-for-marvel (link to the article, sorry for using IGN)

My guess, his role will be Thanos and the "merging" will be that of Spider-Man.

Dr. Evil 09-09-2013 12:49 PM

Re: "Merging of Brands"?

I am going to say that the merging will be between the Marvel Cosmic Universe (Guardians, Inhumans, Carol Danvers) with the Avengers

Lobo 09-09-2013 12:54 PM

Riddick will become a Marvel character :p

jonathancrane 09-09-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil (Post 26817299)
I am going to say that the merging will be between the Marvel Cosmic Universe (Guardians, Inhumans, Carol Danvers) with the Avengers

I suspect this as well.

Oscorp 09-09-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathancrane (Post 26817343)
I suspect this as well.

Have people talked about it for a long time though?

jonathancrane 09-09-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscorp (Post 26817355)
Have people talked about it for a long time though?

It seems the best way to interpret the current evidence. Sure, the relationship with Sony has improved, but, I would hardly classify it as a groundbreaking merging of brands. Spider-Man is a juggernaut franchise, sure, but, everyone knows that they tried to incorporate his universe in TA. And what does that leave? Fox sure as hell is not going to do any business with Marvel Studios, considering how many times the studios have creatively, legally, and financially stabbed each other in the ribs.

Mr.M 09-09-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil (Post 26817299)

That doesn't fit with "wanting for a long time." A cosmic Marvel film has yet to be released. I think a connection with the TV shows are more likely at this point, or that the MCU has plans with some lower tier characters like Cage and Fist that will be incorporated, which people technically still have wanted. Marvel has just put out tentpoles and Avenger cahracters thus far.

Green Goblin 09-09-2013 01:45 PM

I can't see a inhumans/guardians/avengers film. One of the complaints of the first Avengers (and most ensemble movies) is that not all the characters got enough screentime. How could 15+ characters get screen time?

Plus have people really been "talking about this for along time"?

OB12 09-09-2013 01:58 PM

I think it points to a more concrete connection between the MCU and TASM franchise, or possibly something Star Wars related, but I can't begin to see why that would be a good idea. When he says a "merging of brands", to me that implies two separate entities that have significant demand behind them and it has to be something currently outside the MCU. Marvel TV shows, cosmic Marvel and The Avengers are already merged and connected in various ways. This points to TASM, which has another movie coming out in 2016.

venom892 09-09-2013 01:59 PM

I'm thinking it'll be the Guardians meeting up with the Avengers in A3 to face Thanos and his minions. I doubt Fox will ever give Marvel studios an inch and also think SOny is focused on building towards it's Sinister Six movie rather than merging with Marvel.

cherokeesam 09-09-2013 02:00 PM

It's a merging of the Spidey-verse (Sony) with the Avenger-verse (MS). Vin Diesel will play Kingpin in a two-parter that spans TASM3 and Marvel Studios' Daredevil in 2016.

BANK IT :abom:

Mr. Dent 09-09-2013 02:03 PM

The OP made me facepalm.

And no, it's not Thanos, because Thanos will be in Guardians of the Galaxy while the role Vin was in discussions with Marvel about was for phase 3 and a new IP in 2016. As for the Spider-Man thing, not even worth bringing up the 57638465769 reasons why it's obviously not happening that everyone should understand by now and accept.

Hyde 09-09-2013 02:45 PM

It reads like it's a deal for Spider-Man to be used in the MCU but we know that's not happening, so I'm gonna bet a cosmic/Avengers crossover.

But even then will that get people THAT excited?

Green Goblin 09-09-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Dent (Post 26817711)
The OP made me facepalm.

And no, it's not Thanos, because Thanos will be in Guardians of the Galaxy while the role Vin was in discussions with Marvel about was for phase 3 and a new IP in 2016. As for the Spider-Man thing, not even worth bringing up the 57638465769 reasons why it's obviously not happening that everyone should understand by now and accept.

Don't know about you but when I hear "merging of the brands" I think about two franchises that as of yet have not been put together (Spider-Man and MCU).

Sony know everyone wants to see Spidey with the Avengers, the crew and the studio get asked ALL the time, seriously.
The last time the fans demanded something, the studio did it (think venom).

CyclopsWasRight 09-09-2013 02:54 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/1648/bvhv.gif

Lobo 09-09-2013 02:55 PM

Marvel/Star Wars crossover :o

OB12 09-09-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

It reads like it's a deal for Spider-Man to be used in the MCU but we know that's not happening, so I'm gonna bet a cosmic/Avengers crossover.

But even then will that get people THAT excited?
We don't know anything, so it is possible a deal could be reached. Also, how is cosmic/Avengers a merger? It is all one brand, the MCU, so how do you merge one thing? I guess there is the possibility that Vin is hype something more than it really warrants.

Green Goblin 09-09-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droidwarrior (Post 26817959)

I like you Droid but I get the feeling you are trolling the Marvel threads lately.

Hyde 09-09-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OB12 (Post 26817971)
We don't know anything, so it is possible a deal could be reached. Also, how is cosmic/Avengers a merger? It is all one brand, the MCU, so how do you merge one thing? I guess there is the possibility that Vin is hype something more than it really warrants.

There's also that too. He basically bought himself a meeting with Marvel and is going around acting like he's a big part of the MCU now, when so far he's voicing a talking tree.

Green Goblin 09-09-2013 03:20 PM

I think we can all agree FOX won't be lending any of their characters.

CyclopsWasRight 09-09-2013 03:30 PM

I see this meging of the brands thing as a Guardians and Avengers crossover. Unfortunately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Goblin (Post 26817973)
I like you Droid but I get the feeling you are trolling the Marvel threads lately.

Well this merging of the brands thing has been covered in multiple threads already and the Spidey non-issue been shot down time and time again.

R_Hythlodeus 09-09-2013 04:20 PM

I can see Disney handing over IP to MS who proved they are successful at making blockbusters while Disney failed to do so the last few years, POTC aside. Maybe they put TRON or something like this in the MCU.

smashmode 09-09-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Goblin (Post 26817151)
In an interview with Vin Disel he stated that "I had a meeting with Marvel, something really big that people have been talking about for a long time, a merging of brands but I really can't talk about it now".

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09...nds-for-marvel (link to the article, sorry for using IGN)

My guess, his role will be Thanos and the "merging" will be that of Spider-Man.

I'm hoping FF or Spider-Man into the MCU

Or Riddick into Cosmic MCU (GOTG?)

Green Goblin 09-09-2013 04:35 PM

Why would they include non Marvel characters into the MCU?

Spider-Man is a Marvel character even if the film rights are with another studio.

CyclopsWasRight 09-09-2013 04:41 PM

I suppose because the MCU is where they are making their money, so it'd make financial success to link outside characters to it to gather the MCU fans onto those movie franchises