The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Tech & Support (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=465573)

gohei_ 08-21-2013 06:04 AM

Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Anyone know any good extra large keyboard for andoid? I'm going crazy with the standard one. Pretty much every other word has a typo these days.

Spidey-Bat 08-21-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohei_ (Post 26686747)
Anyone know any good extra large keyboard for andoid? I'm going crazy with the standard one. Pretty much every other word has a typo these days.

Swiftkey X. I think it's on sale right now. It kinda goes on sale frequently if you don't want to pay the full price. That and Nova Launcher were the only two I bought full price. I use them every time I use my phone so the $8 spent was worth it to me.

dodong27 08-21-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohei_ (Post 26686747)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat (Post 26689827)
Swiftkey X. I think it's on sale right now. It kinda goes on sale frequently if you don't want to pay the full price. That and Nova Launcher were the only two I bought full price. I use them every time I use my phone so the $8 spent was worth it to me.

Any free apps?

Spidey-Bat 08-21-2013 06:38 PM

There's the Google Keyboard but that should already be on your phone. There's the GO Keyboard, but I've never tried it.. SwiftKey X does have a free trial, but after a week or so it doesn't give predictions and just becomes a keyboard layout. The predictions are the best feature.

Swifkey X is on sale right now (can't see the price since I own it). I HIGHLY recommend it, it's worth whatever they're asking.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...htype.swiftkey

gohei_ 08-22-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat (Post 26689827)

Thanks! I'll check it out.

the dmg 08-23-2013 03:18 PM

Does your phone come with Swype? If not, you can get the Swype Beta for free from the developers.

Krumm 08-27-2013 08:38 PM

Random question that I hope you phone nuts have an answer to.

When visiting the forums on my iPhone, the boards are completely red with the exception of posts the have been quoted. This is a recent development of the past week or so. Previously, the background was the only thing that was red.

Is there anything I can do about this? It makes the boards hard to read, especially the thread titles since they are also red!

Alternatively, are there any good forum apps that have acesss to the SHH! boards?

KRYPTON INC. 08-31-2013 04:31 PM

I often use my Android phone from metroPCS to view and post. These last few days I have had a pop up of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY coming up and I cannot X out the ad or anything to remove it. I cannot click on the threads I want using my phone. I am a bit of a techno dunce so help would be appreciated.

Hotwire 09-01-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. (Post 26767719)
I often use my Android phone from metroPCS to view and post. These last few days I have had a pop up of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY coming up and I cannot X out the ad or anything to remove it. I cannot click on the threads I want using my phone. I am a bit of a techno dunce so help would be appreciated.

I started a thread about this the other day. No replies, yet.

Hotwire 09-05-2013 04:17 PM

Anyone else have problems with their phone freezing up or running super slow? Especially, if the signal is low.

Spidey-Bat 09-05-2013 04:23 PM

I've had a couple hiccups but nothing unusual or frequent. I am running CM10 on my phone. You can try a factory reset. Definitely back up your apps with Titanium Backup first (requires root).

LibidoLoca 09-15-2013 09:36 PM

With Microsoft buying Nokia's Devices and Services Division, leaks of Google and LG's Nexus 5 and the announcement of Android Kitkat and the new iPhones, I say September has been a pretty busy month for mobile tech. Although the future is looking bright for the top three ecosystems, it also looks like the end of RIM/BB is near. :(

So what do you guys think of all these changes:

The Mircosoft/Nokia acquisition?

The announcement of Android KitKat?

The new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C?

The possible end of BlackBerry?

Prison Mike 09-16-2013 06:25 PM

I'm going to wait for the iPhone 6 next year although the fingerprint feature for the 5S looks cool. Can't wait for ios 7 to come out in 2 days!

Spidey-Bat 09-16-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibidoLoca (Post 26852499)
So what do you guys think of all these changes:

The Mircosoft/Nokia acquisition?

The announcement of Android KitKat?

The new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C?

The possible end of BlackBerry?

I thought Microsoft had already acquired Nokia.

Android KitKat is nothing surprising other than the name being KitKat instead of Key Lime Pie, smart marketing opportunity by KitKat though. Makes me want KitKats even though I've never been an immense fan.

New iPhones, meh. Usually new improvements. 5C seems like a budget level phone like some Android lines have. I'm more interested in iOS 7.

Not surprised that BlackBerry may die off.

LibidoLoca 09-16-2013 10:07 PM

Microsoft owned Nokia's body, now they own their heart, soul, their everything. :twisted:

Chocolate covered waifer cookies does not please you to orgasmic heights of pleasure? :hmm

iOS 7 may actually rival Android if it's as good as I've been hearing from the techbloggers, but then again they seem to be consistent in circle jerking to everything Apple does. I'm much more interested in what the response is from longtime fans and see if the new interface and pastel rainbow-ness is as polarizing as MOS.

Yeah I think a lot called it, but I actually liked BB10. I guess gesture-based OSes (webOS, Meego, BB10) will always die. :(

Spidey-Bat 09-17-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibidoLoca (Post 26859739)
Microsoft owned Nokia's body, now they own their heart, soul, their everything. :twisted:

Still doesn't seem like much will change.

Quote:

Chocolate covered waifer cookies does not please you to orgasmic heights of pleasure? :hmm
I'm not a big chocolate fan. KitKats were always the candy that I had once or twice and was good for a year. Before the announcement, I can't remember the last time I had a KitKat or craved one.

Quote:

iOS 7 may actually rival Android if it's as good as I've been hearing from the techbloggers, but then again they seem to be consistent in circle jerking to everything Apple does. I'm much more interested in what the response is from longtime fans and see if the new interface and pastel rainbow-ness is as polarizing as MOS.
If I get a job where I'll get a work phone, I might go with the iPhone 5S because of iOS 7. I like how it's caught up to modern design standards. I wouldn't feel comfortable rooting a work phone and I HAVE to root it to use Nova Launcher and Titanium Backup.

Quote:

Yeah I think a lot called it, but I actually liked BB10. I guess gesture-based OSes (webOS, Meego, BB10) will always die. :(
Some things aren't meant to be :csad:

Darthphere 09-17-2013 09:41 AM

Ive been thinking of getting a Galaxy S IV or an HTC One. On the other hand, should I wait? Is there some new really good Android phone on the horizon that I haven't heard of?

Erzengel 09-17-2013 09:55 AM

From phone arena, Samsung Godiva and the Google Nexus 5, no release dates.

Darthphere 09-17-2013 10:02 AM

I might wait for the Nexus 5.

Spidey-Bat 09-17-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darthphere (Post 26861735)
Ive been thinking of getting a Galaxy S IV or an HTC One. On the other hand, should I wait? Is there some new really good Android phone on the horizon that I haven't heard of?

HTC One is probably the best phone from a hardware perspective. However, HTC was awful in supporting their previous line of phones (see: Thunderbolt). I still wouldn't trust them, even with a flagship phone.

S4 is a great phone, but I feel like most of its new features are just gimmicks. People also complain that Samsung has a lot of bloatware now (which can be fixed with disabling apps or rooting and freezing).

I think Google announces their new phone in October. You can wait for that. There's also the Moto X which is almost exactly the same as the Nexus 4 but made by Motorola, has a less fragile body, and you can customize the colors.

I would say wait for the Nexus 5, then make your decision.

Darthphere 09-17-2013 11:58 AM

Ok cool.

TheAQU4M4N 09-17-2013 11:35 PM

anyone know what time they are releasing IOS 7 today?

Just_Human 09-18-2013 12:14 AM

IOS still exists ?

Just_Human 09-18-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat (Post 26862213)
HTC One is probably the best phone from a hardware perspective. However, HTC was awful in supporting their previous line of phones (see: Thunderbolt). I still wouldn't trust them, even with a flagship phone.

S4 is a great phone, but I feel like most of its new features are just gimmicks. People also complain that Samsung has a lot of bloatware now (which can be fixed with disabling apps or rooting and freezing).

I think Google announces their new phone in October. You can wait for that. There's also the Moto X which is almost exactly the same as the Nexus 4 but made by Motorola, has a less fragile body, and you can customize the colors.

I would say wait for the Nexus 5, then make your decision.

Yeah the HTC One is a beast, but I dont trust HTC anymore

My first and current Android phone is the HTC One S; still a great phone, but seriously **** HTC with their late or or non-existent OS updates (not to mention lying to their customers about it)

I also hate the fact that the power button is on top instead of the right side.

Also Samsung phones are much easier to root.

I'm about to flash a Sense 5, JB 4.2.2 on my One S (not official, because, well, it's HTC ...) ported from the XL :woot:

Hopefully, those new commercials with RDJ will help HTC, because they are gonna need tony Stark if they don't change their philosophy.

I think I'm gonna switch to a Galaxy S4.

MessiahDecoy123 09-18-2013 11:05 AM

I've been hesitant about getting a Nexus because I'm worried about cross compatibility.

For example, I have an iPod and if I can't find the song on iTunes I can't get the song for my iPod.

Are the these kind of problems with Nexus. Do alot of things only allow google approved products and services?