The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Marvel/Disney Movies not within MCU (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=465579)

Dr. Evil 09-18-2013 11:41 PM

Marvel/Disney Movies not within MCU

It was confirmed last month that Big Hero 6 will be made into a movie, and while it will be based off the Marvel Comics team, it will not be a part of MCU.

Thread to Big Hero 6:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...light=big+hero

So will Big Hero 6 be the first of the Marvel/Disney collaborations that will not be a part of the MCU? If so, which Marvel property do you think would not be a fit in MCU, but would be perfect for Disney Animation or even Pixar?

psylockolussus 09-18-2013 11:51 PM

Re: Marvel/Disney Movies not within MCU

Well its not in live-action, unlike the MCU films.

Dr. Evil 09-19-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psylockolussus (Post 26870361)
Well its not in live-action, unlike the MCU films.

Of course, not but there are a lot of Marvel Characters who better fit the Animated world. This team is one of them.

Mr. Dent 09-19-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

If so, which Marvel property do you think would not be a fit in MCU, but would be perfect for Disney Animation or even Pixar?
Anything they want to use that's not immediately relevant to 616. Like Runaways or Cloak and Dagger.

Quasimod0 09-19-2013 12:06 AM

i wouldnt mind a pixar fantastic four film. thatd probably be amazing. If only that was possible

R_Hythlodeus 09-19-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quasimod0 (Post 26870433)
i wouldnt mind a pixar fantastic four film. thatd probably be amazing. If only that was possible

I thought we had that already?

Hypestyle 09-19-2013 10:22 AM

Power Pack can be Marvel/Disney's Harry Potter franchise. Too bad it's being totally ignored.

metaphysician 09-19-2013 05:43 PM

I doubt there will be any live action films not set in the MCU. Animation, sure, but I suspect that's just because of the different target demographic.

Dr. Evil 09-21-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphysician (Post 26873857)
I doubt there will be any live action films not set in the MCU. Animation, sure, but I suspect that's just because of the different target demographic.

I don't know. I think that if a Runaways project was live action, I don't think it would be set within MCU.

lozzy.94 09-21-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil (Post 26884747)
I don't know. I think that if a Runaways project was live action, I don't think it would be set within MCU.

Having a live action Marvel studios movie not set in the MCU would just be confusing.

Dr. Evil 09-21-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lozzy.94 (Post 26884921)
Having a live action Marvel studios movie not set in the MCU would just be confusing.

Of course.

Runaways if it's made will probably be animated, because I don't see how a live action version would fit into the MCU unless they make one or even some of the Runaways somehow related to the MCU characters

lozzy.94 09-22-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil (Post 26884957)
Of course.

Runaways if it's made will probably be animated, because I don't see how a live action version would fit into the MCU unless they make one or even some of the Runaways somehow related to the MCU characters

Not really. Look at the Guardians of the Galaxy, other than Thanos they are not really connected to any of the other MCU character.

Dr. Evil 09-22-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lozzy.94 (Post 26885057)
Not really. Look at the Guardians of the Galaxy, other than Thanos they are not really connected to any of the other MCU character.

The thing is though that Thanos and none of the MCU villains have any ties with the Runaways. Runaways (if it gets made) should be a Disney animated project. It could work as a Disney animated project, just like Big Hero 6.

So how would a live action Runaways work within the context of the MCU?

lozzy.94 09-22-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil (Post 26885107)
The thing is though that Thanos and none of the MCU villains have any ties with the Runaways. Runaways (if it gets made) should be a Disney animated project. It could work as a Disney animated project, just like Big Hero 6.

So how would a live action Runaways work within the context of the MCU?

Im not very familiar with Runaways, but Im sure it can work within the MCU without having ties with the other characters with in it.

Dr. Evil 09-22-2013 12:46 AM

Power Pack would be a perfect Animated project for Disney to do.

Dr. Evil 09-22-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lozzy.94 (Post 26885221)
Im not very familiar with Runaways, but Im sure it can work within the MCU without having ties with the other characters with in it.

Well, Marvel scrapped the film when they decided to create the MCU.

The only connections between the Runaways and the Avengers in the comics is that a future member of the Runaways, Victor Mancha was created by Ultron and that they joined forces with the Young Avengers during the Civil War storyline.

Hyde 09-22-2013 03:03 AM

Runaways should be a TV show.

Doc Ock 09-22-2013 06:03 AM

I think Young Avengers could be really cool as a animated film, with probably the fuel of Loki being at the center getting people to go see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyde (Post 26885647)
Runaways should be a TV show.

Hey, that's a good idea. I can see the characters working a lot better than in animation or live-action films. As long as Old Lace looks great I would be all for it! :D. I'm sure Agents of SHIELD is just the beginning...I'd like Runaways to be in the MCU though and not outside it.

Hyde 09-22-2013 11:23 AM

Yeah, plus it would be perfect for Whedon. Whedon + TV + Marvel + young rebellious heroes = a great show. I'm not versed in Runaways whatsoever so I'm not really sure about it's longevity, though

Dr. Evil 09-22-2013 12:08 PM

So how would Runaways be connected to MCU?

It's easier to connect Heroes for Hire with MCU than it is for Runaways I think.

Doc Ock 09-22-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil (Post 26886747)
So how would Runaways be connected to MCU?

It's easier to connect Heroes for Hire with MCU than it is for Runaways I think.

I think it could be in the MCU but not necessarily connected. Maybe have some AOS characters appear but Runaways would probably exist differently than Heroes for Hire. Heroes for Hire would be an easier connection.

CyclopsWasRight 09-22-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lozzy.94 (Post 26885057)

And thank god for it.

Dr. Evil 09-22-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Ock (Post 26888903)
I think it could be in the MCU but not necessarily connected. Maybe have some AOS characters appear but Runaways would probably exist differently than Heroes for Hire. Heroes for Hire would be an easier connection.

Yes. Could easily introduce Luke Cage, Misty Knight and/or Iron Fist in Agents of Shield. Misty's arm could also be made of Vibranium.

Dr. Evil 09-22-2013 07:19 PM

hmmm....

Would Howard the Duck make for a good animated, non-MCU Marvel film for Disney?

Lord 09-22-2013 07:26 PM

^^ you can't possibly surpass the original