The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Captain America: The Winter Soldier (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=527)
-   -   Agent 13 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=466163)

BullMcGiveny 10-01-2013 04:05 AM

Agent 13
 
Because the love interest thread now seems no longer relevant. And someone was asking why she doesn't have her own thread.

EVC did an interview for Fandango. Not much info, but it seems she'll wear a SHIELD catsuit.

The Caped Knight 11-10-2013 08:54 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
I like that Sharon will be introduced in this film, but not thrown into being Cap's love interest instead she'll be introduced and then in the following film she'll be featured more prominently.

If she doesn't wear the White Catsuit this time around, I'm sure she will in the sequel film.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Carter_001.jpg

psylockolussus 11-10-2013 09:47 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
I'm just looking forward to see Revenge girl Emily VanCamp on action!

BullMcGiveny 11-11-2013 05:43 AM

Re: Agent 13
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Caped Knight (Post 27191163)
I like that Sharon will be introduced in this film, but not thrown into being Cap's love interest instead she'll be introduced and then in the following film she'll be featured more prominently.

I agree with not making Sharon the love interest right away, but it bugs me that her role is only an introduction.

The Caped Knight 11-11-2013 09:09 AM

Re: Agent 13
 
It makes sense since Peggy is alive . Steve & Peggy need to have their closure before Sharon takes her rightful place by Cap's side as his leading lady .

xeno000 11-11-2013 09:18 AM

Re: Agent 13
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Caped Knight (Post 27193599)
It makes sense since Peggy is alive . Steve & Peggy need to have their closure before Sharon takes her rightful place by Cap's side as his leading lady .

Marvel has a history of changing the love interests in the MCU from the comic book universe, so perhaps Sharon isn't going to be Steve's girlfriend. Tony Stark is still with Pepper Potts, who is Happy Hogan's wife in the comics. Thor has been with Jane Foster thus far and ignored Odin's urging to take up with Sif. It is entirely possible that Steve Rogers will never so much as look at Sharon Carter in the films. :woot:

BullMcGiveny 11-11-2013 09:44 AM

Re: Agent 13
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Caped Knight (Post 27193599)
It makes sense since Peggy is alive . Steve & Peggy need to have their closure before Sharon takes her rightful place by Cap's side as his leading lady .

Except Peggy isn't the leading lady anymore, so I really don't get it.

Don't want Steve to go directly from being in love with Peggy to romancing Sharon? Completely understandable.

Have Sharon play a very small part, even though the movie has a heavy SHIELD presence and you plan to go down that road with Sharon? I don't understand it at all.

I don't understand what would be wrong with Steve having a completely platonic partnership with a woman who happens to be related to a woman he used to love.

Which makes me doubt them actually wanting to go down that road, and if so, what are their plans for Sharon.

The Caped Knight 11-11-2013 10:17 AM

Re: Agent 13
 
I guess but it seems that Black Widow will be the main girl in Winter Solider so far. Sharon will be introduced but will probably play second fiddle to Natasha & Peggy.

BullMcGiveny 11-11-2013 12:04 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Caped Knight (Post 27193975)
I guess but it seems that Black Widow will be the main girl in Winter Solider so far. Sharon will be introduced but will probably play second fiddle to Natasha & Peggy.

I don't think Sharon will be second fiddle to Peggy, at least in terms of screentime.

Natasha is certainly the second main character in the movie, and much is made about her connection to Cap, so it's a safe bet that -baring some plot twists- she'll be the leading lady of future Cap movies as well.

The Caped Knight 11-11-2013 12:32 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny (Post 27194803)
I don't think Sharon will be second fiddle to Peggy, at least in terms of screentime.

Natasha is certainly the second main character in the movie, and much is made about her connection to Cap, so it's a safe bet that -baring some plot twists- she'll be the leading lady of future Cap movies as well.

I hope not, I don't want Natasha with Rogers, besides I think she'll end up with Bucky.

MahvelBaby! 11-12-2013 11:55 AM

Re: Agent 13
 
She was looking mean in that 5 min clip. I wonder....

Dr. Evil 11-12-2013 11:12 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny (Post 27193779)
Except Peggy isn't the leading lady anymore, so I really don't get it.

Don't want Steve to go directly from being in love with Peggy to romancing Sharon? Completely understandable.

Have Sharon play a very small part, even though the movie has a heavy SHIELD presence and you plan to go down that road with Sharon? I don't understand it at all.

I don't understand what would be wrong with Steve having a completely platonic partnership with a woman who happens to be related to a woman he used to love.

Which makes me doubt them actually wanting to go down that road, and if so, what are their plans for Sharon.

When Peggy and Steve get their closure, it will be them having that dance that Steve promised before he crashed and awoke from his 70 year sleep at the end of the first movie.

DaddlerTheDalek 11-13-2013 10:56 AM

Re: Agent 13
 
I wonder if the get see Sharon in white.

diabolicalbits 12-01-2013 12:25 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
So the Natasha/Steve kiss will be just a part of some scheme?

Loki882 12-01-2013 04:42 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
We don't know. Both Evans and Scarjo have said that Cap/BW will become closer, and Scarjo describes their dynamic as an "intimate friendship." Whether that's a comradeship, a romantic/sexual relationship, or a little bit of both, we don't know. I also want to see Sharon in her white jumpsuit (it would contrast nicely to Natasha's black one), but I could also settle for the silver/grey one that she wore in Secret Avengers. This one:

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/...1bd054c49c.jpg

speno94 01-05-2014 10:24 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
I am actually glad that they seem just to be introducing Sharon in this film because it allows the film to bring closure to the Peggy/Steve relationship properly, so I think Peggy will still be the 'love interest' in the film but she has obviously changed, so by the end of the film, you start to see hints of the new Cap/Sharon relationship for the sequels. I don't think Cap and Sharon will 'kiss' in this film or actually get together, but you will get strong hints that they will in sequels.

Steve has too much unfinished business with the past which the audience is waiting to see resolved, so to begin any new relationships will end up being rushed and a mistake.

As for Natasha, I REALLY hope she isn't a love interest for Cap and are JUST friends and work/field partners with a fun friendly banter and that set photo of them kissing is most probably just part of a scheme or something on a mission.

Also I think Falcon is Cap's modern day sidekick and not Natasha all that much, so I hope in future films she not going to take over the screen time from Falcon and Black Widow becomes the secondary sidekick character in all the future Cap films.

Suzanne78 01-05-2014 11:23 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by speno94 (Post 27582731)
I am actually glad that they seem just to be introducing Sharon in this film because it allows the film to bring closure to the Peggy/Steve relationship properly, so I think Peggy will still be the 'love interest' in the film but she has obviously changed, so by the end of the film, you start to see hints of the new Cap/Sharon relationship for the sequels. I don't think Cap and Sharon will 'kiss' in this film or actually get together, but you will get strong hints that they will in sequels.

Steve has too much unfinished business with the past which the audience is waiting to see resolved, so to begin any new relationships will end up being rushed and a mistake.

As for Natasha, I REALLY hope she isn't a love interest for Cap and are JUST friends and work/field partners with a fun friendly banter and that set photo of them kissing is most probably just part of a scheme or something on a mission.

Also I think Falcon is Cap's modern day sidekick and not Natasha all that much, so I hope in future films she not going to take over the screen time from Falcon and Black Widow becomes the secondary sidekick character in all the future Cap films.

This is kind of what I'm thinking too, and I'm actually for taking Sharon Carter in this film and slowly developing her as a character in her own right. I don't really see BW's role taking over hers in this movie; as far as I'm concerned Widow is a major character in the MCU and should actually have her own movie, but is pretty much sharing the lead with Steve in this one for reasons that will likely become clearer the closer we are to the release of this movie (i.e. her past with Bucky). Sharon should be introduced, slowly and surely, and maybe focus on her own relationship with SHIELD and Peggy before going full bore into a relationship with Steve.

I agree that I really want to see Steve and Peggy's relationship and how it develops in this movie, as well as Steve dealing with his past, which is pretty much the entire movie in a nutshell.

Hawkingbird 01-06-2014 01:00 AM

Re: Agent 13
 
I kind of hope there will be no love interest for Steve in CATFW. It would be nice for the female characters not to be automatically used as a plot device for the male lead.

BullMcGiveny 01-06-2014 01:12 AM

Re: Agent 13
 
I don't gets this mindset at all.

Less screentime is never beneficial to any character's development.

Gr0oT 01-06-2014 01:54 AM

Re: Agent 13
 
Is it wrong that I rather there be more time devoted to the Cap/Falcon bromance than to anything else being discussed here?

speno94 01-06-2014 09:50 AM

Re: Agent 13
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr0oT (Post 27583767)
Is it wrong that I rather there be more time devoted to the Cap/Falcon bromance than to anything else being discussed here?

That's why in some ways I wish Black Widow wasn't the main secondary character, but instead Falcon was. But I understand why they did it because having Natasha as the main supporting character helps bridge Avengers more and with Scarlett Johansson's star profile etc which I am fine with because she is also linked to Winter Soldier.

But I hope Black Widow doesn't detract too much time from the Cap/Falcon screen time in this film and future sequels.

Loki882 01-06-2014 12:07 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
No, Black Widow is the co-lead because it fits into the themes of the movie, and because the Winter Soldier is in the movie.

MahvelBaby! 01-06-2014 02:21 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr0oT (Post 27583767)
Is it wrong that I rather there be more time devoted to the Cap/Falcon bromance than to anything else being discussed here?

Ditto! Reason why I love Avengers so much, no forced cliche love interest.

Suzanne78 01-06-2014 02:55 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny (Post 27583623)
I don't gets this mindset at all.

Less screentime is never beneficial to any character's development.

Well truth is we know nothing about the actual screen time for Sharon in the movie. It may surprise all of us.

So long as the writing's there and EVC's given a chance to make Sharon a memorable personality, I'm good even if she's not co-lead.

TheVileOne 01-06-2014 09:53 PM

Re: Agent 13
 
I'm not expecting much more than a glorified cameo really. Van Camp already said it's really a small role setting her up for later appearances.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.