The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 2 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=467355)

Thread Manager 10-24-2013 03:18 PM

Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 2
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 10-24-2013 03:18 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

GuestStar2004 10-24-2013 03:18 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminata (Post 27078355)
This thread will always be the most popular because Rogue is one of the most interesting characters in the series. I love how easily people get invested in talking about her.

Again, if you go by the looks of this thread and other gossip blogs Paquin's role is always something people are invested in.

you sound like you are trying to convince yourself more then others

NanaT 10-24-2013 03:21 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 27078403)
you sound like you are trying to convince yourself more then others

I second that observation.

xDOFPx 10-24-2013 03:24 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
Well, considering Rogue is the first character to get a second thread he/she has somewhat of a point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NanaT (Post 27078353)
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Isn't Kitty supposed to be incapacitated for, like, half the film. How is that pivotal outside of the one scene where she helps send Logan back.

That's based on Vulture spoilers which may not be true. If we believe them as fact then Rogue actually is a major player as she has a pivotal role in the plot. But we have no idea if those spoilers are true, they could be as a lot of things they said has been proven, but they could have pulled the rest out their butts.

The leaked footage would suggest Kitty isn't incapacitated, at least not so much she's not walking around. The trailer could be misleading though so we still don't know. All we do know is she's the one who sends Logan back and it must be her glowing blue hands in the teaser (I have no clue WTF that's about). Kinberg basically said Kitty is pivotal, who knows for sure about Rogue or Storm. Halle never said she was, and Anna doesn't say anything. That's the problem. We know so little about Rogue's role because she doesn't get shown or talked about. A few seconds of footage is all we can go on. Storm herself all we know is she uses her powers (it's looking good so far) and she has a secret. We're in the dark with them.

Though I do think it's safe to assume they don't have loads of screen minutes based on filming schedules. And that the two characters may not share a scene so something may happen to Storm before Rogue gets there. But that's just speculation based on filming schedules. I really wanted them to have a scene, so I hope the day their timing overlapped they did shoot together. They're the only original girls left.

I'd love both to have amazing action scenes and good emotional material too. I think Singer could give us that even if they don't have loads of screen time. Fingers crossed.

NanaT 10-24-2013 03:29 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xDOFPx (Post 27078457)
Well, considering Rogue is the first character to get second thread he/she has somewhat of a point.



That's based on Vulture spoilers which may not be true. If we believe them as fact then Rogue actually is a major player as she has a pivotal role in the plot. But we have no idea if those spoilers are true, they could be as a lot of things they said has been proven, but they could have pulled the rest out their butts.

The leaked footage would suggest Kitty isn't, at least not so much she's not walking around. The trailer could be misleading though so we still don't know. All we do know is she's the one who sends Logan back and it must be her glowing blue hands in the teaser (I have no clue WTF that's about). Kinberg basically said Kitty is pivotal, who knows for sure about Rogue or Storm. Halle never said she was, and Anna doesn't say anything. That's the problem. We know so little about Rogue's role because she doesn't get shown or talked about. A few seconds of footage is all we can go on. Storm herself all we know is she uses her powers (it's looking good so far) and she has a secret. We're in the dark with them.

Though I do think it's safe to assume they don't have loads of screen minutes based on filming schedules. And that the two characters may not share a scene so something may happen to Storm before Rogue gets there. But that's just speculation based on filming schedules. I really wanted them to have a scene, so I hope the day their timing overlapped they did shoot together. They're the only original girls left.

I'd love both to have amazing action scenes and good emotional material too. I think Singer could give us that even if they don't have loads of screen time. Fingers crossed.

Don't mean to be a downer but Storm got a second thread ages ago. I agree with your final statement. Fingers crossed for the best!

Weather Witch 10-24-2013 03:52 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NanaT (Post 27078495)
Don't mean to be a downer but Storm got a second thread ages ago. I agree with your final statement. Fingers crossed for the best!

Oh brother... here we go again.

Melapi 10-24-2013 04:11 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
While I was watching the teaser (again) it catched my eye that when Logan has two female hands (I can see a ring) on his head it looks like the hair in his temples is turning white.

That's so similar to X-Men when Rogue was in Magneto machine that makes me think it's possible that Rogue is using her power on him, drying his life.

xDOFPx 10-24-2013 04:26 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
I reckon the hands are Kitty's as we know she is the one to send Logan back. That could be him being returned though. Which could mean it's Rogue and the Vulture spoilers are real.

Though Logan has the grey in his hair in another clip and that seems like it's definitely early in the plot. So I think that it's just down to a combo of age and stress.

Weather Witch 10-24-2013 04:35 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melapi (Post 27078961)
While I was watching the teaser (again) it catched my eye that when Logan has two female hands (I can see a ring) on his head it looks like the hair in his temples is turning white.

That's so similar to X-Men when Rogue was in Magneto machine that makes me think it's possible that Rogue is using her power on him, drying his life.

That is actually not too far-stretched, with those Vulture spoilers. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xDOFPx (Post 27079119)
I reckon the hands are Kitty's as we know she is the one to send Logan back.

I have read it so many times now and I still find it weird that Kitty is sending anyone else anywhere, especially through time... Could someone please explain to me how that even works?

xDOFPx 10-24-2013 04:43 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
No-one has a clue how it works. The closest we've got to info is those glowing blue hands. I've been trying to figure it out for months and I can't.

Obviously however it's done if Kitty can't bring him back then Rogue would be needed to use her powers.

Weather Witch 10-24-2013 04:47 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xDOFPx (Post 27079283)
No-one has a clue how it works. The closest we've got to info is those glowing blue hands. I've been trying to figure it out for months and I can't.

Obviously however it's done if Kitty can't bring him back then Rogue would be needed to use her powers.

The thing is, I understand Kitty was the star of the story in the comics, and I understand they want to at least honor that. But I just cannot imagine Kitty standing there with blue hands telling Wolverine to just close his eyes and relax, or whatever. When I think Kitty I think walking through walls, not blue hands.

GuestStar2004 10-24-2013 04:49 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
the table logan is laying on may have some... i don't wanna say power but something that helps in the time travel process

xDOFPx 10-24-2013 04:50 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
I'm baffled tbh. Maybe the temple (I think it's a temple) has some kind of mystical powers around it and that joined with Kitty's powers bring the effect. Or maybe it's Kitty and one of the others working together somehow.

They haven't given us any details how it's done. We just know it's a mind transfer between older and younger Wolverine.

X-Maniac 10-24-2013 04:52 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weather Witch (Post 27079217)
I have read it so many times now and I still find it weird that Kitty is sending anyone else anywhere, especially through time... Could someone please explain to me how that even works?

Well, as someone else on here also mentioned briefly, Kitty's power to 'phase' through solid objects is what real-world physics calls 'quantum tunnelling.' That's a phenomenon that allows particles to pass through barriers.

Among the many theories of time travel, there is one involving quantum tunnelling. Basically, some of the particles end up travelling faster than the speed of light and thus going back in time.

I'm not sure if this is what's supposed to be happening in the film, or if/how the time travel will be explained, but what I said is one possibility.

xDOFPx 10-24-2013 04:55 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
It's a possibility, but the glowing hands don't fit with that.

Rogue probably does have to use Kitty's powers in DOFP. I'm not sure why else Magneto would bother rescuing her. She'd hardly be a priority for him unless he needed her.

X-Maniac 10-24-2013 05:01 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xDOFPx (Post 27079375)
It's a possibility, but the glowing hands don't fit with that.

Rogue probably does have to use Kitty's powers in DOFP. I'm not sure why else Magneto would bother rescuing her. She'd hardly be a priority for him unless he needed her.

The glowing hands is just a visual effect, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that.

The Vulture spoilers said Kitty was put out of action by the process, and they needed Rogue to absorb Kitty's powers so she could enable Wolverine's mind to come back to his body. That seems logical, but we don't know if it's really happening.

Weather Witch 10-24-2013 05:05 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xDOFPx (Post 27079331)
I'm baffled tbh. Maybe the temple (I think it's a temple) has some kind of mystical powers around it and that joined with Kitty's powers bring the effect. Or maybe it's Kitty and one of the others working together somehow.

They haven't given us any details how it's done. We just know it's a mind transfer between older and younger Wolverine.

Well it does look more magical than science-y to be honest...

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Maniac (Post 27079361)
Well, as someone else on here also mentioned briefly, Kitty's power to 'phase' through solid objects is what real-world physics calls 'quantum tunnelling.' That's a phenomenon that allows particles to pass through barriers.

Among the many theories of time travel, there is one involving quantum tunnelling. Basically, some of the particles end up travelling faster than the speed of light and thus going back in time.

I'm not sure if this is what's supposed to be happening in the film, or if/how the time travel will be explained, but what I said is one possibility.

They may need to use 10 minutes of exposition in order to explain that though. :wow:

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Maniac (Post 27079419)
The glowing hands is just a visual effect, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that.

The Vulture spoilers said Kitty was put out of action by the process, and they needed Rogue to absorb Kitty's powers so she could enable Wolverine's mind to come back to his body. That seems logical, but we don't know if it's really happening.

Yeah all of that makes perfect sense to me, except for the fact that it's kitty who is doing whatever needs doing. Still I am sure they have thought this one true and as long as it makes sense when I finished watching the movie I'll be satisfied.

marvelrobbins 10-24-2013 05:06 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
All signs are pointing to

1:Kitty Is key to being able to transport wolverine to future mind to 1973 self
2:Kitty Is injured during sentinle attack on temple where the mutants of future are hold up
3:Magneto and Iceman have to rescue rogue from mutant internment camp
4:Rogue has to absorb an injured Kitty's powers to get wolverine's mind back

xDOFPx 10-24-2013 05:07 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Maniac (Post 27079419)
The glowing hands is just a visual effect, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that.

The Vulture spoilers said Kitty was put out of action by the process, and they needed Rogue to absorb Kitty's powers so she could enable Wolverine's mind to come back to his body. That seems logical, but we don't know if it's really happening.

No, we don't. But we can guess Rogue is needed for something. Magneto and Rogue hate each other, he'd let her rot in mutant prison (if that is for sure where she is). Him going personally means he needs her personally. So it makes sense it's to do with the time travel stuff.

Maybe we'll get some new Rogue clips in the trailer which will give us more of an idea. Fingers crossed.

PhoenixRogue 10-24-2013 05:35 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
I honestly hope we get some good quality Rogue footage and it would be great if she is displaying her power for once in battle -.-

Illuminata 10-24-2013 06:44 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
GET IT ROGUE Thread!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 27078403)
you sound like you are trying to convince yourself more then others

You sound thirsty...

psylockolussus 10-24-2013 10:30 PM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
Rogue Thread #3!

I do hope we get some kick-ass footage from her in the trailer!

SAUspartan 10-25-2013 03:26 AM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
Not to bring up Rogue and Logan again but there is a pretty good scene in Uncanny Avengers 13 between Rogue and Wolverine. I'm not a big fan of Remender's treatment of Rogue or X-Men characters in general but it was a sweet scene.

kasjan 10-25-2013 05:11 AM

Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2
 
We saw left half of her face in Comic Con footage.
If she's in prison, does she have ,,M" at her right side of face?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.