The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Rate the Days of Future Past trailer (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=467555)

MessiahDecoy123 10-29-2013 09:35 AM

Rate the Days of Future Past trailer

Were you blown-away, disappointed or somewhere in between?

Antihero 10-29-2013 09:38 AM

Re: Rate the Days of Future Past trailer

7.5/10

xDOFPx 10-29-2013 09:38 AM

It's an in betweener for me. Some good parts but not the most memorable or exciting trailer I've seen.

Antihero 10-29-2013 09:38 AM

They are going to go all out around March

Downhere 10-29-2013 09:39 AM

I thought it was great, it did what it should of done and that was tease. The next one will be the one everyone waited for, I'm sure.

xDOFPx 10-29-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antihero (Post 27107257)
They are going to go all out around March

I expect I'll love the 2nd trailer. I didn't dislike this one but it's never blown me away.

I SEE SPIDEY 10-29-2013 09:42 AM

6.5/10

marvelrobbins 10-29-2013 09:42 AM

9 for me.This teaser and teaser for X2 are my favorate X_Men trailers.

kasjan 10-29-2013 09:43 AM

7/10
Scenes I saw, now I have it in HD, so I can judge characters look + scenes I didn't see.
Good music.
But actionless, only emotions.

Mr. Dent 10-29-2013 09:44 AM

Wasn't that exciting but the real problem was that the background music was super distracting since some idiot thought it would be a good idea to use the same BGM as the MoS trailers.

def28 10-29-2013 09:45 AM

Didn't match my hype and I have the same problem with the music as others but the flick looks good. Got me more stoked for Blink.

GuestStar2004 10-29-2013 09:49 AM

i gave it an 8

CB Fan 10-29-2013 09:49 AM

5/10 not a memorable trailer am thankful for it but still a bit disappointed. Nice to see Raven back in full swing.

Zarex 10-29-2013 09:51 AM

6/10. Releasing this so close to Cap was a bad idea, in my opinion, if Singer didn't have anything new and exciting to put up on screen like the Sentinels or Quicksilver. This looks like another solid X-Men film, but I doubt that is what FOX is hoping for given the extensive cast and the presumed $200 million budget.

CyclopsWasRight 10-29-2013 09:57 AM

10/10 first time i've seen any of this footage, i didn't want to see blurry grainy leaked footage.

DaRkVeNgeanCe 10-29-2013 09:57 AM

8/10-I loved the serious tone of the trailer, much better than most of the over the top cliche trailers we see these days. While it didn't blow me away or anything it got me very intrigued and curious about the story which is the job of a trailer, so in the end it did a fantastic job.

SuperT 10-29-2013 09:58 AM

I thought the trailer looked absolutely fantastic. Really sets the emotional tone for the movie and glad they didn't focus on having to get the money shot in. Really grounds the movie for me.

I'm beyond excited for this!

NickNitro 10-29-2013 09:59 AM

9/10

Nerial 10-29-2013 10:03 AM

There is a lot going on in this movie, and the trailer managed to give the viewer a tease for all the characters--their emotions, motives and a little bit of their powers--the darker atmosphere, and some great costumes (Blink...wow, just wow).

The music is meh. I agree that it didn't rouse my emotions--it felt very generic. And the scenes were patched together a bit amateurishly (the shot between the characters talking and Wolverine having those glowing hands--I assume that's Kitty--tossing him back in time is a good example, but there are more).

This is the same trailer they showed in July at SDCC, which was kind of disappointing--I was hoping for something different, but since the footage was leaked online, I can't blame Singer or the crew for using it as the official trailer. But it does beg the question...they've had over three months to look at this thing--they obviously had time to improve upon it. So...why wasn't it edited better?

That being said, the teaser trailer still did what it intended; I've watched it at least half a dozen times this morning and despite the flaws, it still gets me excited for more.

8 out of 10

Figs 10-29-2013 10:06 AM

I'll give a 7 for now, but it's not fair when I'm at work and having to watch it with the sound almost all the down and because my phone is garbage, I have to watch it in 10-15 second increments while it loads.

I'm actually glad there wasn't that much action. Save some of that for a final trailer.

Antihero 10-29-2013 10:08 AM

The GA would surely like this first trailer.They are going to see a X-Men after a long time and the movie has all the stars from OT mingling with the stars of FC.

MarvelU 10-29-2013 10:29 AM

8/10, it showed that the two casts are merging and the story seems interesting.

Tehmeh 10-29-2013 10:45 AM

I gave it an 8. Nothing mindblowing like "Prometheus" trailer was for me, but enough at this point. Everything suggests that the characters and the acting is...good, again. I especially loved to hear Stewart's, McKellen's and McAvoy's voice again. Never saw the comic-con trailer before so it was somewhat new for me.

"I DON'T WANT YOUR FUUUTCHA!"

Antihero 10-29-2013 10:57 AM

^I don't care if the trailer isn't great.Just hoping for a good movie.Exactly the opposite of what Prometheus achieved

Bim 10-29-2013 10:58 AM

Solid 9 for me, it teased me well enough, i cant wait for the full trailer!