The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Thor: The Dark World (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=467885)

Thread Manager 11-03-2013 02:23 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 11-03-2013 02:23 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

TeeKay 11-03-2013 02:23 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kosh33 (Post 27135437)
i thought you watched it twice already :D

I wanna watch it a third time.:o It's too EPIC.:D

R_Hythlodeus 11-03-2013 02:28 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
this thread, I liked it. ANOTHER!!!

GriffinSTatum 11-03-2013 02:36 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Oh okay that makes sense :doh: How I didn't realize that is beyond me... Thanks for clearing that up R_Hythlodeus

The Ironstar 11-03-2013 02:44 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...-St-Pauls.html

^This the link to the article.

Quote:

Alan Taylor seemingly confirms DOCTOR STRANGE after ANT-MAN, talks directing Thor after Kenneth Branagh. http://tinyurl.com/lzdo3h4
(Andrew)
^This speculation is from Marvel Cinematic Universe (FB page)

eeffos 11-03-2013 02:48 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
For those that want to see all the Thor Dark World TV spots and a world TV premiere of the Captain America Trailer - the FX cable channel is having "Super Hero Sunday". They've been showing Thor spots all day and are advertising the Cap trailer to come later. Just an FYI

The Ironstar 11-03-2013 02:57 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Loki in Comedy Central commercial (if someone finds the whole commercial please post it) :woot:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Found it!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Whiskey Tango 11-03-2013 02:58 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
:awesome:

The Ironstar 11-03-2013 03:21 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Boy,finding lots of Thor related news today :oldrazz:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...now-about-thor

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/...59-610x259.jpg


Quote:

We all spotted Stan Lee's cameo in Thor as the hapless driver who ruins a perfectly good truck trying to remove the hammer from its New Mexico crater but did you spot Thor comic-book writer J Michael Straczynski's cameo in the same scene? He's the guy in the cap and beard who pulls fruitlessly on Mjolnir, much like how Straczynski's Thor run got started. "I've vanished into my own narrative!" he later said.
I didn't realized that was him in the 1st movie :wow: :doh:

Rock Sexton 11-03-2013 03:27 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ironstar (Post 27139697)
I didn't realized that was him in the 1st movie :wow: :doh:

Serious?

People were talkin' about it in the first Thor threads when the movie came out.

TeeKay 11-03-2013 03:35 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ironstar (Post 27139547)
Loki in Comedy Central commercial (if someone finds the whole commercial please post it) :woot:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Found it!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/em...sed/mjeyds.gif

Raiden 11-03-2013 06:27 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Sexton (Post 27139723)
Serious?

People were talkin' about it in the first Thor threads when the movie came out.

It's too bad JMS has a falling-out with Marvel, because I always thought he's a good writer, and I enjoyed his Babylon 5 series.

Mysteryman 11-03-2013 06:34 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
I didnt think it was a falling out
The way JMS tells it ,
Marvel wanted him to tie his ongoing Arc to a company wide event and he amicably declined.

The Ironstar 11-03-2013 11:42 PM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
:doh: Ender's Game BO Wkend :dry:

Quote:

Director Gavin Hood's sci-fi epic Ender's Game opened to a solid $28 million in North America, but it will need strong legs in order to make back its pricey $110 million budget -- a potentially difficult task considering that Thor: The Dark World enters the domestic marketplace next weekend.

GriffinSTatum 11-04-2013 01:33 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ironstar (Post 27142411)
:doh: Ender's Game BO Wkend :dry:

I was actually expecting Ender's Game to do much better than that on opening weekend, considering the budget that it also had while making it. I am hoping that Thor: The Dark World doesn't get hindered by Catching Fire in the weeks to come, they should have probably released this movie in October when its only real competition would have been Gravity... I am still expecting TDW to do very well considering it's current standings.

J.Howlett 11-04-2013 06:20 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
The Dark World has two weeks to get done what it needs to get done domestically at the box office because Katniss Everdeen is going to obliterate the competition.

Do not be surprised if Catching Fire hits 180 million opening weekend. Not even kidding. That thing is going to make serious coin.

herolee10 11-04-2013 06:45 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
I'm just confused about one thing regarding Loki though...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I mean he ends up hijacking the Throne at the end of the film, thus posing as Odin and leaving his fate unknown to both the audience and the characters, and yet prior to all of that, he goes out of his way to help Thor take down Malekith and even helps protect Jane while doing so.

I mean was it ever presented at the beginning that Loki was planning on doing this all along, that he used Thor to get him out of Jail and already knew what he was going to do, and thus lied about helping Thor because of his desire to get vengeance for Frigga's death?

Or was Loki really being sincere in wanting to go after Malekith because he actually cared about his mother, which I'm not sure why considering that he supposedly cut all ties with Asgard and with everyone else and only cares about himself....and that him taking the throne was just something that made itself opportune for him after he had gotten his revenge?

J.Howlett 11-04-2013 07:01 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by herolee10 (Post 27143285)
I'm just confused about one thing regarding Loki though...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I mean he ends up hijacking the Throne at the end of the film, thus posing as Odin and leaving his fate unknown to both the audience and the characters, and yet prior to all of that, he goes out of his way to help Thor take down Malekith and even helps protect Jane while doing so.

I mean was it ever presented at the beginning that Loki was planning on doing this all along, that he used Thor to get him out of Jail and already knew what he was going to do, and thus lied about helping Thor because of his desire to get vengeance for Frigga's death?

Or was Loki really being sincere in wanting to go after Malekith because he actually cared about his mother, which I'm not sure why considering that he supposedly cut all ties with Asgard and with everyone else and only cares about himself....and that him taking the throne was just something that made itself opportune for him after he had gotten his revenge?

It's not clearly thought out, I'll give you that but I think the key to the whole thing is Frigga. Think about the moments with Frigga that directly relate to Loki in the narrative and I think that's the logic of it.

And again, this is Loki we're talking about. He's always a step ahead. He clearly, I thought, kept adjusting to the situation presented to him in the film.

DarthSkywalker 11-04-2013 07:08 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
I haven't seen the film yet, but I think Loki definitely wants to stop Malekith. If he doesn't, he dies along with the rest of Asgard.

Adamantium 11-04-2013 07:12 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Howlett (Post 27143237)
The Dark World has two weeks to get done what it needs to get done domestically at the box office because Katniss Everdeen is going to obliterate the competition.

Do not be surprised if Catching Fire hits 180 million opening weekend. Not even kidding. That thing is going to make serious coin.

This is what I've been thinking all year. The Dark World's numbers were going to suffer once Catching Fire came out. MARVEL/Disney better do some mega marketing this week to fire the GA up even more. I think the Avengers movie would be hurt by a movie like this too. It has way to many teenagers and young adults attention than what a Thor sequel has to offer. Not for me though. :oldrazz:

herolee10 11-04-2013 07:15 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Howlett (Post 27143303)
It's not clearly thought out, I'll give you that but I think the key to the whole thing is Frigga. Think about the moments with Frigga that directly relate to Loki in the narrative and I think that's the logic of it.

And again, this is Loki we're talking about. He's always a step ahead. He clearly, I thought, kept adjusting to the situation presented to him in the film.

Well I unfortunately haven't seen the film yet, but in your honest opinion, would you say that...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Loki actually did care for Frigga still has his mother and that her death is what triggered him wanting to get rid of Dark Elves, or it being one of his reasons for doing so?

itchyscratch 11-04-2013 07:37 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker (Post 27143313)
I haven't seen the film yet, but I think Loki definitely wants to stop Malekith. If he doesn't, he dies along with the rest of Asgard.

It's all very ambiguous.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
From his cell, Loki tells Kurse which way to go to break down Asgard's defensive barrier which allows Malekith and the dark elves through to attack. It's not clear that he necessarily understood in advance the repercussions of helping Kurse but it's also not shown that Loki feels at all guilty for aiding Kurse after he then kills Frigga.

Crimson King 11-04-2013 07:40 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ironstar (Post 27142411)
:doh: Ender's Game BO Wkend :dry:

Good. I hope Thor sends it to the bottom of the list. :cmad:

04nbod 11-04-2013 07:44 AM

Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by herolee10 (Post 27143285)
I'm just confused about one thing regarding Loki though...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I mean he ends up hijacking the Throne at the end of the film, thus posing as Odin and leaving his fate unknown to both the audience and the characters, and yet prior to all of that, he goes out of his way to help Thor take down Malekith and even helps protect Jane while doing so.

I mean was it ever presented at the beginning that Loki was planning on doing this all along, that he used Thor to get him out of Jail and already knew what he was going to do, and thus lied about helping Thor because of his desire to get vengeance for Frigga's death?

Or was Loki really being sincere in wanting to go after Malekith because he actually cared about his mother, which I'm not sure why considering that he supposedly cut all ties with Asgard and with everyone else and only cares about himself....and that him taking the throne was just something that made itself opportune for him after he had gotten his revenge?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He feels his mother was the only one that loved him. He still considers her his mother. He wanted vengeance but used the situation to his best advantage outside of that. With Thor renouncing the throne to be with Jane, Loki just lets him go.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.