The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Captain America Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=441)
-   -   Cap 3 Should Have The Final Infinity Stone (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=468199)

Dasher10 11-09-2013 10:21 AM

Cap 3 Should Have The Final Infinity Stone

IMO it should be the bloodstone. Zemo's an awesome villain and The Bloodstone Hunt is the storyline to use.

pr0xyt0xin 11-09-2013 10:28 AM

Re: Cap 3 Should Have The Final Infinity Stone

why not the Time Stone and Red Skull uses it to find his way to the present?

Dasher10 11-10-2013 11:17 AM

Because Red Skull was already done and Cap has more villains than that who deserve attention.

Spider-Fan 11-21-2013 11:56 PM

I don't think this is a bad idea necessarily. However, Captain America: The First Avenger was about trying to master the Tesseract. The Bloodstone could be perceived as somewhat repetitive. That would be my one reservation on the idea.

KangConquers 11-27-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasher10 (Post 27180583)
IMO it should be the bloodstone. Zemo's an awesome villain and The Bloodstone Hunt is the storyline to use.

Wasn't the Bloodstone literally Ulysses Bloodstone's skeleton?

Dasher10 01-31-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KangConquers (Post 27295313)
Wasn't the Bloodstone literally Ulysses Bloodstone's skeleton?

It was his heart. I'd like to see him be somebody who's been long dead for thousands of years and is part of legend. After his death, his heart created the Savage Land which is where the Bloodstone is located as the original story involved mummies, Incans, etc and my idea is a lot more focused as well as opening up a new area that hasn't been seen before and rams home that the Bloodstone is the Time gem.

Assuming that Batroc survives TWS, I'd like to see him return alongside Zemo as part of Hydra where his henchmen would be replaced with Taskmaster, Grim Reaper and Bravo since I don't think that there are too many people who are dying to see Zaran appear on film.

Ultron-5 02-14-2014 02:46 PM

I think the time stone is already in GOTG. why not the reality or soul ones? One can be in doctor strange and the other in cap 3. I say the soul gem in doctor strange and the reality gem in cap 3 with Zemo and Crossbones as the villains.

The_Manhunter 02-19-2014 05:25 PM

I don't agree with this. Why should Cap get multiple stones when his stories are Earth-based?

Closerframe 04-06-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultron-5 (Post 27939959)
I think the time stone is already in GOTG. why not the reality or soul ones? One can be in doctor strange and the other in cap 3. I say the soul gem in doctor strange and the reality gem in cap 3 with Zemo and Crossbones as the villains.

I was under the impression the Aether was the reality gem, the Tesseract was the space gem, and Loki's staff is the mind gem. This means we have three stones left. I'm assuming one will be present in GOTG (presumably the power gem) that means we have two more gems until The Avengers 3 hits in 2018 so Dr. Strange would make sense getting the soul gem and possibly whatever movie Marvel has in their pipeline for 2017 to have the time gem.

Mr. Dent 04-07-2014 12:04 AM

No thanks. They should keep Cap grounded and on the more "realistic" side of the MCU, not to mention it doesn't make much sense for it to have the final stone since it's at the beginning of phase 3. Leave the stones for the Doctor Strange's, Thors, Inhumans, and GOTGs of the world where they belong.

marcvader 04-07-2014 08:02 AM

Id like a stone be left for Strange possibly via some other dimension and not necessarily on Earth.

Dasher10 04-07-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Dent (Post 28398635)
No thanks. They should keep Cap grounded and on the more "realistic" side of the MCU, not to mention it doesn't make much sense for it to have the final stone since it's at the beginning of phase 3. Leave the stones for the Doctor Strange's, Thors, Inhumans, and GOTGs of the world where they belong.

Well the Teseract is the Space gem, the Aether is the power gem and Loki's staff is most likely the mind gem. The artifact in Guardians of the Galaxy is most likely the reality gem and I can see the Eye of Agamotto bing the Soul Gem. That leaves Time.

Let's look at Phase 3

Thor 3 has Loki ruling Asgard as the plot so it doesn't need a MacGuffin to be compelling, particularly as Enchantress will probably be appearing. Doctor Strange will certainly have an infinity stone. Ant-Man probably won't have an infinity stone when you have the suit that Scott Lang steals from Pym driving the plot.

Then there are the unannounced properties. I doubt that guardians will rescue the same plot as the original cause then it feels like a rehash. Hulk doesn't need a gem when General Ross would probably become Red Hulk and then She-Hulk gets introduced as well, not to mention what Leader's been doing this whole time. Black Widow will either be trying to atone for her mistakes over in Russia or co-starring on Daredevil. Captain Marvel and Black Panther don't need a MacGuffin to be interesting. Cap 3 should focus on the final Infinity gem.

Closerframe 04-07-2014 05:18 PM

Is there a possibility one movie could feature two stones? Or Thanos could already have one? I mean for goodness sakes he gave Loki one to overthrow Earth.

DrCosmic 04-09-2014 04:31 PM

Cap should definitely muck with the Time Gem. It makes too much goshdarn sense.

Heck, do a reverse thing where his first meeting with his villain is the last time the villain sees him. That'd be utterly hawt.