The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Daredevil's costume (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=468459)

Mr. Dent 11-13-2013 03:37 PM

Daredevil's costume

What do you want? The classic red? His original yellow suit? Or do you want them to go the Arrow route and take a more practical/modern grounded take?

gohei_ 11-13-2013 03:42 PM

Re: Daredevil's costume

Similar to the movie one, but different material. Also make the DD logo a bit bigger.

DrCosmic 11-13-2013 03:48 PM

I'd like them to have him start in the yellow, let it be more homemade, basically a wetsuit and a red flak jacket on top. I think that'd be cool before he creates the well known red stuff.

Dark Raven 11-13-2013 06:36 PM

Why would he think to go for yellow first though? The comic version looks more like a circus performer. Since they're going gritty here, dark red seems more likely.

I hope the DD logo is in the middle of his chest and not off to the side this time.

Senator Pleasury 11-13-2013 06:40 PM

Yellow won't work for the character in a movie.

DrCosmic 11-13-2013 07:38 PM

Y'all don't see the vision! Murdocks first costume, the homemade one, his wrestler togs, his... whatever-Bruce-was-wearing-when-he-first-went-to-meet-Gordon in Begins. This needs to happen, it will make getting the awesome classic Red costume more natural and more epic.

psylockolussus 11-14-2013 01:49 AM

Classic red of course! Just like in the Fox movie.

Senator Pleasury 11-14-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrCosmic (Post 27211903)
Y'all don't see the vision! Murdocks first costume, the homemade one, his wrestler togs, his... whatever-Bruce-was-wearing-when-he-first-went-to-meet-Gordon in Begins. This needs to happen, it will make getting the awesome classic Red costume more natural and more epic.

Ah, he's a lawyer. Can afford something better than yellow spandex.

Silvermoth 11-14-2013 02:51 AM

I quite like the scarlet one but maybe they'll go for the yellow one to differentiate it from the Affleck movie

lozzy.94 11-14-2013 06:01 AM

I think this could work as his first costume.
http://comicbooked.comicbookedllc.ne...DD-yellow1.jpg

The Question 11-14-2013 06:48 AM

I think having the yellow in the first episode or two would be fine if, like in the comics, it was made from whatever Matt had at hand. Then after he's been Daredevil for a little while he puts some resources into a higher quality costume, that would be the red.

As for materials, like I said the Yellow should be an off the rack costume, made from his dad's old boxing gear and probably yellow work out clothes, and the red should be made of something higher quality and sturdier. Honestly I think the red costume from the movie was great, something similar to that I'd be fine with.

R_Hythlodeus 11-14-2013 06:54 AM

with the exception of caps TA costume, MS did a perfect job so far bringing the CB costumes to life, so don't wory we will get something great

ThePowerCosmic 11-14-2013 06:57 AM

There are plenty of ways to make the suit red and still have it look different from the Affleck version. I'd like something that looks like it could have been made at home, but is still sturdy. This pic is ideal. Liking the size of the horns as well, they're noticeably larger than Affleck's version. And his DD logo should be on the center of his chest this time, not his peck.

http://www.zekefilm.org/wp-content/u...34_483_700.jpg

I'm against a yellow costume. I find it cheesy.

cherokeesam 11-14-2013 07:49 AM

Dark red, not latex. I'd be good with that.

Loki882 11-14-2013 03:29 PM

I actually liked the film costume quite a lot. That same general design would work well, just use different material (not leather).

S. Grundy 11-14-2013 04:43 PM

Something makeshift like this would be cool, but the yellow probably wouldn't look good on screen.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....9ueo1_1280.jpg

Kar 11-14-2013 04:59 PM

Start off with the yellow one then have someone mention how he's called DareDEVIL but dresses in yellow, which Matt doesn't realize since he's blind. Kinda like in "Daredevil: Yellow".

In a vision for a DD script I wanted to write, I had the yellow and red costume be something he wore while training in Japan with Stick. He also wore a red and yellow oni mask.

gohei_ 11-14-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic (Post 27214459)

http://www.zekefilm.org/wp-content/u...34_483_700.jpg

I'm against a yellow costume. I find it cheesy.

This is such an awesome picture. I never noticed before but he kinda looks like Sam Witwer a bit.

ThePowerCosmic 11-14-2013 06:20 PM

Yeah, it is awesome.

Do you guys think he should have one or two D's on his chest?

Mr. Dent 11-14-2013 06:42 PM

two

Son of Coul 11-14-2013 07:05 PM

I'd like to see a dark red costume with some black secondary spots, put together practically--at least at first. Combat boots, grippy gloves, maybe even a stylized racer jacket. And yeah, I'd prefer 2 Ds.

Dark Raven 11-14-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Coul (Post 27218005)
I'd like to see a dark red costume with some black secondary spots, put together practically--at least at first. Combat boots, grippy gloves, maybe even a stylized racer jacket. And yeah, I'd prefer 2 Ds.

That will happen if he gets oil on his costume and he can't wash it out. :oldrazz:

Nelson/Murdock 11-17-2013 12:57 AM

I kinda wish he would have no D's on his chest at all. I know it's not traditional, but I actually wish the comics one would drop 'em as well. I can't explain why, I just like him not wearing a logo at all.

Rorschach2012 11-17-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic (Post 27217825)
Yeah, it is awesome.

Do you guys think he should have one or two D's on his chest?

Matt Murdock needs the 2 d's

BenKenobi 11-17-2013 09:36 AM

I always thought It'd be cool to use his first costume, but have him believe the material is red. This could lead to an investigator like Ben Urich to figure out that the Daredevil is blind.