The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hulk vs Kurse (MCU Versions) (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=468509)

BigThor 11-14-2013 01:28 PM

Hulk vs Kurse (MCU Versions)

Now here's the moment you all have been waiting for, an all out brawl.between two of the MCU's biggest powerhouses.

Hulk vs Kurse

Have at thee!

DrCosmic 11-14-2013 02:00 PM

Re: Hulk vs Kurse (MCU Versions)

Kurse made relatively short work of Thor, which Hulk was not able to do. Thor had backup too.

Kurse.

Quasimod0 11-14-2013 02:02 PM

Hulk easy. Kurse went down pretty easy. He was just a more skilled fighter than the hulk, which is why he had the upper hand on Thor. I think hulk would destroy him though.

BigThor 11-14-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quasimod0 (Post 27216295)
Hulk easy. Kurse went down pretty easy. He was just a more skilled fighter than the hulk, which is why he had the upper hand on Thor. I think hulk would destroy him though.

Kurse went down easily? I'm pretty sure he got consumed by a mini black hole, I'm positive the same woukd've happened to Hulk.

What about when Thor punch spun Hulk around 360 degrees yet his punches barely made Kurse flinch?

metaphysician 11-14-2013 07:31 PM

Kurse, and not in a particularly even fight either. Kurse dominated Thor in a way well beyond anything the Hulk did.

DaddlerTheDalek 11-14-2013 08:53 PM

Kurse. He was a much harder challenge for Thor than Hulk.

Hypestyle 11-14-2013 08:56 PM

Hulk's strength increases exponentially in a sustained fight. Hulk in 10 rounds.

psylockolussus 11-14-2013 11:32 PM

I voted for Hulk!

DrCosmic 11-15-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypestyle (Post 27218891)
Hulk's strength increases exponentially in a sustained fight. Hulk in 10 rounds.

Does this happen in the MCU?

Hulk's strength certainly increased significantly, enough to manhandle Loki and hit Thor with a cheap shot, but Kurse was basically invincible until he 'burnt out.' Hulk could only cheap shot Thor and leave Loki out of breath. Kurse basically finished Loki off... while impaled.

AVEITWITHJAMON 11-15-2013 01:15 AM

Voted for Hulk again, Kurse was a beast who dominated Thor, but Thor still got straight back-up after the fight, so I think Hulk would as well. Plus, the madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets, that always gives him an advantage over other super-strong beings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrCosmic (Post 27220153)
Does this happen in the MCU?

Hulk's strength certainly increased significantly, enough to manhandle Loki and hit Thor with a cheap shot, but Kurse was basically invincible until he 'burnt out.' Hulk could only cheap shot Thor and leave Loki out of breath. Kurse basically finished Loki off... while impaled.

It happened it TIH vs The Abomination and TA vs Thor, by the time the SHIELD jet arrived to break up the fight, Hulk was throwing Thor all over the place. Had the fight not stopped there things may have gotten bad for Thor.

Plus, its the Hulk man, marvel arent going to leave out 'the madder Hulk gets the stronger Hulk gets.'

Roose Bolton 11-15-2013 05:01 AM

Hulk punched out Cthulhu.

DrCosmic 11-15-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON (Post 27220441)
Voted for Hulk again, Kurse was a beast who dominated Thor, but Thor still got straight back-up after the fight, so I think Hulk would as well. Plus, the madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets, that always gives him an advantage over other super-strong beings.

It happened it TIH vs The Abomination and TA vs Thor, by the time the SHIELD jet arrived to break up the fight, Hulk was throwing Thor all over the place. Had the fight not stopped there things may have gotten bad for Thor.

Plus, its the Hulk man, marvel arent going to leave out 'the madder Hulk gets the stronger Hulk gets.'

He does get strong, I see that, I don't know about "exponentially" though, that's not what I saw in those films.

The only thing we've seen even bother Kurse is a black hole. Is Hulk generating light-bending amounts of force with his punches? Can he get that strong in the MCU? If he can, can he get there before Kurse dismembers him?

I'm thinking not.

Roose Bolton 11-15-2013 09:22 PM

Well, Hulk has a healing factor and pretty good durability of his own.

I think really the way it's presented in the different films is that Hulk's feats of strength are presented in a way that makes them more impressive and awe inspiring whereas Kurse was mainly shown as tank who doesn't die.

AVEITWITHJAMON 11-15-2013 09:25 PM

^Yep, exactly, Kurse got ran through with a spear, Hulk was shaking off bulletts and alien weapons like they were nothing, not to mention a full on smack in the face from Mjolnir. Hulk is just as if not more durable than Kurse was, and his strength feats are more impressive given what we have seen as well.

RoryTate 11-15-2013 09:53 PM

The "limitless strength as the Hulk gets angrier" thing is not part of the movie-verse and is only ever mentioned in the comics, and even then it's never shown in any way. I mean, Hulk fought the Beyonder and Infinity Gauntlet Thanos and other powerhouses like Zeus in comics, but every time his strength was actually limited and he was rather easily defeated.

Kurse as shown in TTDW would have been able to take movie Hulk down, without a doubt.

DrCosmic 11-15-2013 10:25 PM

^This is what I'm seeing too. There's no doubt Hulk is the cooler character, more impressive feats of strength, but as OSexton said, Kurse is a tank who can't die. That means Hulk ain't beating him, at best its a stalemate.

Getting run through with an Asgardian spear is not a feat Hulk has been shown to be able to withstand, much less withstand with no adverse effects whatsoever. Loki shrugged off bullets too but he apparently couldn't shrug off an Asgardian spear.

metaphysician 11-16-2013 11:09 AM

Especially since being so run through didn't actually *do* anything to him.

R_Hythlodeus 11-16-2013 01:43 PM

we haven't seen Kurse getting exhausted in a fight since he was defeated by a trick of Loki, so I'm not certain. I guess the length of the fight, the durability of the characters are issues. If it's a short brawl, Kurse might be the winner, but if the fight is a longer one, we just don't know.
Therefore I didn't vote.

james-in-cali 11-16-2013 02:41 PM

I vote hulk but I have a major problem with the mcu and each characters strength. In the avengers iron man takes Thor's best shots and is pretty much a draw, hulk and Thor fight to a draw then Thor gets his ass handed to him by kurse, and the mandarin ( killian) destroys iron man suits like they were cardboard cutouts. So killian would make short work of kurse? I am in no way knocking the films but there is some inconsistenties that make it difficult to think about the question too much.

regnak 11-16-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon sexton (Post 27220859)
Hulk punched out Cthulhu.

False, Kurse wins!

The_Manhunter 11-16-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrCosmic (Post 27216289)
Kurse made relatively short work of Thor, which Hulk was not able to do. Thor had backup too.

Kurse.

This. Also Thor held back versus the Hulk and still held his own. This is really a no-brainer. Kurse would whoop the Hulk.

The_Manhunter 11-16-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james-in-cali (Post 27228527)
I vote hulk but I have a major problem with the mcu and each characters strength. In the avengers iron man takes Thor's best shots and is pretty much a draw, hulk and Thor fight to a draw then Thor gets his ass handed to him by kurse, and the mandarin ( killian) destroys iron man suits like they were cardboard cutouts. So killian would make short work of kurse? I am in no way knocking the films but there is some inconsistenties that make it difficult to think about the question too much.

Cap interrupted the Thor-Iron Man fight. If the fight continued, Tony was toast. Thor and Kurse would both have made short work of Killian.

Roose Bolton 11-16-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regnak (Post 27229353)
False, Kurse wins!

Hulk punched out you.

regnak 11-16-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon sexton (Post 27230417)
Hulk punched out you.

Apparently he didn't do a very good job. :oldrazz::oldrazz::oldrazz:

Roose Bolton 11-16-2013 10:20 PM

Eh, performance issues happen to the best of us.