The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619)
-   -   Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=470559)

Thread Manager 12-19-2013 08:21 PM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 4
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 12-19-2013 08:21 PM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 3
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Tra-El 12-19-2013 08:21 PM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by green (Post 27472837)
Trying not to get excited about Phoenix taking the role, I just can't imagine him doing it. But then I wouldn't have guessed Affleck would do it either...

That's the tricky part. Not showing the excitement as a fan because there could be that slight letdown but in my own head, Phoenix is practically the perfect Lex Luthor in how I picture him and what he is capable of pulling off. Plus, his look is superb and is the best look out there for Lex if you're just judging on that alone and then you add in his talent and it's just a perfect casting. That said, We've been talking about Lex for a long time now. It's getting close so I think no matter who it is, we're on the edge of our seats here.

sf2 12-19-2013 08:51 PM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
maybe they will announce it as a Christmas gift! :D

D.P. 12-19-2013 10:34 PM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
How do you guys feel about Lex being a physical specimen?

From what I've seen he has always prided himself on being in peak physical condition. Do you think that's something they'll go for, or will he have on his suit the entire time?

TheFlamingCoco 12-19-2013 10:43 PM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
^ I'd love it if he rolled his sleeves up,and a ton of muscle was revealed. That would be great in some type of fight scene or something.

Afrobean 12-19-2013 11:48 PM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.P. (Post 27473561)
How do you guys feel about Lex being a physical specimen?

From what I've seen he has always prided himself on being in peak physical condition. Do you think that's something they'll go for, or will he have on his suit the entire time?

I would prefer a Lex who is in great shape, but I would actually prefer if they never even show it off. Because that's not in his character. He wouldn't take his shirt off and flex his muscles unless it was time to lay all of his cards down on the table.

Maybe they could just give the actor some padding under his business suit to make him look more "filled out".

D.P. 12-19-2013 11:50 PM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
This was kind of what I had in mind:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

NoLaNitE007 12-20-2013 12:54 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tra-El (Post 27472869)
That's the tricky part. Not showing the excitement as a fan because there could be that slight letdown but in my own head, Phoenix is practically the perfect Lex Luthor in how I picture him and what he is capable of pulling off. Plus, his look is superb and is the best look out there for Lex if you're just judging on that alone and then you add in his talent and it's just a perfect casting. That said, We've been talking about Lex for a long time now. It's getting close so I think no matter who it is, we're on the edge of our seats here.


I hear you! Me thinks the Lex casting announcement will be coming right before X-Mas or around Jan 2-4th.

In the end I think it will come down to actors like Phoenix, McConaghey, Pitt, Gyllenhaal or Denzel. At least I hope it does!

The suspense is crazy!

http://ib1.huluim.com/video/6086344?...S&size=600x400

DChero 12-20-2013 08:11 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
I really hope that Denzel Washington isn't in the running. I'm sure that I'm alone, but I never saw a movie where he came off as likable. I'd prefer Lex to have that ability.

Mysteryman 12-20-2013 08:15 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
My understanding is that they couldn't even get talks with Washington off the ground.

I SEE SPIDEY 12-20-2013 08:17 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Uh Brad Pitt is not going to ever play Lex Luthor guys, I don't know why people keep bringing his name up. It's pure fantasy.

DChero 12-20-2013 08:19 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY (Post 27475291)
Uh Brad Pitt is not going to ever play Lex Luthor guys, I don't know why people keep bringing his name up. It's pure fantasy.

It's up there with DiCaprio and James Dean.

Mysteryman 12-20-2013 08:22 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Brad Pitt would be one of the worst choices possible to play this role .

I SEE SPIDEY 12-20-2013 08:25 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DChero (Post 27475295)
It's up there with DiCaprio and James Dean.

lol It really is. DiCaprio and Pitt obviously do not care to play in a comicbook movie. For all I know they could love comicbook movies, I mean DiCaprio is besties with Spider-Man afterall, but that doesn't mean that they want to play in one. Not every actor wants to do a comicbook movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysteryman (Post 27475313)
Brad Pitt would be one of the worst choices possible to play this role .

And that's why I'm happy that his playing the role has zero chance of happening.

gdw 12-20-2013 08:33 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dchero (Post 27475295)
it's up there with dicaprio and james dean.


lol

ArmsHeldOut 12-20-2013 08:33 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysteryman (Post 27475313)
Brad Pitt would be one of the worst choices possible to play this role .

Yeah, I honestly can't see him as Luthor.

Bruce_Begins 12-20-2013 08:59 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY (Post 27475319)
lol It really is. DiCaprio and Pitt obviously do not care to play in a comicbook movie. For all I know they could love comicbook movies, I mean DiCaprio is besties with Spider-Man afterall, but that doesn't mean that they want to play in one. Not every actor wants to do a comicbook movie.

And that's why I'm happy that his playing the role has zero chance of happening.

DiCapiro still holds movie rights to Aquaman.

I SEE SPIDEY 12-20-2013 09:01 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins (Post 27475493)
DiCapiro still holds movie rights to Aquaman.

So what?

Rowsdower! 12-20-2013 11:29 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Eh, I don't know that Pitt is as far outside the realm of possibility as some people think he is. I mean he did just do a zombie movie. I'm not trying to take a shot at anyone here but I do think that some of you believe he'd never want to take a role like this simply because you don't want to see him in the role. And while that's understandable enough, as far as I know, he's never said anything like, "Superhero movies don't interest me; I'd never do one."

On the other hand, Daniel Day Lewis HAS said something to that effect, yet people keep suggesting him anyway.

I SEE SPIDEY 12-20-2013 11:41 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Okay you keep hoping for Brad Pitt and see how that works out. The people who suggest DDL are even more delusional.

TheFlamingCoco 12-20-2013 11:42 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
^This!

Rowsdower! 12-20-2013 11:47 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY (Post 27476225)
Okay you keep hoping for Brad Pitt and see how that works out. The people who suggest DDL are even more delusional.

Who said I was hoping for him? All I'm saying is that I haven't seen any proof that he would never do a movie like this.

I SEE SPIDEY 12-20-2013 11:50 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
They are about to start shooting this film and they are currently casting the lead villain role, if there was even a hint that Brad Pitt were interested or WB was going to offer it to him we would have heard about it by now.

I SEE SPIDEY 12-20-2013 11:51 AM

Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowsdower! (Post 27476249)
Who said I was hoping for him? All I'm saying is that I haven't seen any proof that he would never do a movie like this.

Where is the proof that he would do a comicbook movie?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.