The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Microsoft (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=345)
-   -   Which Halo game did you like the best? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=471617)

SuperSonics 01-09-2014 04:37 PM

Which Halo game did you like the best?

Out of all the Halo games which one was your fav? Mine has to be Halo Reach!

Soapy 01-09-2014 05:46 PM

Re: Which Halo game did you like the best?

Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo: Reach
Halo 4
Halo 3
Halo 2

Boom 01-09-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapy (Post 27613931)
Halo 4
Halo 3
Halo 2

This.

However, Halo 2 had the best online multiplayer in the entire franchise.

ProjectPat2280 01-09-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapy (Post 27613931)
Halo 4
Halo 3
Halo 2

Yea thats pretty much my list.

I think id just barely, barely, put 4 over Reach. That ending was really good, plus it was great to have Chief back after all that time.

jacobed 01-10-2014 02:58 PM

Agreed with Soapy though I had the most offline mp fun with Halo 2 and the most online mp fun with Halo 3

Soapy 01-10-2014 04:15 PM

The first one had my favorite online and offline multiplayer.

CapedCrusader14 01-13-2014 06:34 PM

Halo: Combat Evolved is my favourite game of all time so that's number one for me obviously. Halo 3 is special to me as well due to the countless hours and thousands of games played many many nights when I was a 12-13 year old playing online with friends. Good times.

Thundercrack85 01-13-2014 06:37 PM

Really guys? I loved 2. That's what got me into the franchise (mostly because I never got to play the original, until after 2).

Grievous 01-13-2014 08:45 PM

Halo 3
Halo 4
Halo 2
Halo Combat Evolved
Halo Reach

Soapy 01-13-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 (Post 27646385)
Really guys? I loved 2. That's what got me into the franchise (mostly because I never got to play the original, until after 2).

Disappointing campaign combined with unbalanced multiplayer is more than enough for me to put it squarely at the bottom. I know people will think I'm exaggerating or whatever, but I really, honestly think it's kind of a bad game. Even Bungie admitted it was a weak effort. Don't get me wrong, it had its bright spots, but even at the time I found it to be very underwhelming.

Spider-Vader 01-13-2014 11:00 PM

Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo: Spartan Assault
Halo Wars

Poetic Chaos 01-13-2014 11:05 PM

I was engaged with 4's story the most because of the Chief/Cortana dynamic. I enjoyed that games campaign the most. Never played multiplayer on any.

Thundercrack85 01-13-2014 11:07 PM

For the record, Reach was my favorite gameplay wise, and 3 story wise. 3's campaign could have been better, but it had a epicness to it, I don't think the other titles matched (nor perhaps did they intend to).

I rather disliked 4. The story in particular put me off. Felt like bad fan fiction.

Also, while the music wasn't bad... it just didn't feel like Halo to me.

jacobed 01-13-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapy (Post 27649977)
Disappointing campaign combined with unbalanced multiplayer is more than enough for me to put it squarely at the bottom. I know people will think I'm exaggerating or whatever, but I really, honestly think it's kind of a bad game. Even Bungie admitted it was a weak effort. Don't get me wrong, it had its bright spots, but even at the time I found it to be very underwhelming.

Yeah it wasn't great but it revolutionized online gaming for consoles so it gets points for that

ProjectPat2280 01-14-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobed (Post 27650299)
Yeah it wasn't great but it revolutionized online gaming for consoles so it gets points for that

Maybe i never cared, or didnt play enough, but i never noticed any faults in the MP. BTB and SWAT worked just the way they were supposed to.

henzINNIT 01-14-2014 05:01 PM

I pretty much stopped caring after Reach. That game was atrocious.

The original was great, still has the best campaign, but I'll give the nod to 3 for being the one that really hooked me online. I sunk so many hours into that, it's crazy.

ProjectPat2280 01-14-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henzINNIT (Post 27656081)
I pretty much stopped caring after Reach. That game was atrocious.

Which is odd considering its one of the better rated Halo titles and second in sales only to Halo 3.

Iceman 01-17-2014 09:12 PM

I'm not a hardcore Halo guy but I've liked each new one more than the one before. 3 was the grandest, 4 is by far the most impressive visually & sonically (areas where I always thought previous Halo games were lacking given their status) while I've put the most time into Reach. 1 & 2 I didn't play till a long time after they came out so it's hard to give a fair judgement. I'm looking forward to the new one more than any previous title though. I really think 343 will do very well 2nd time around on next gen hardware, especially with the support they'll get for this from Microsoft being the flagship title of the new console.

Soapy 01-17-2014 09:21 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the sound in Halo 4 was really great. Sound tends to be something a lot of people overlook in games and well as movies I find.

Though I'll be honest, I thought Reach looked better than 4.

ProjectPat2280 01-17-2014 11:03 PM

IDK about that, 4 was the first time(besides Combat Evolved) where I was actually impressed by the visuals. The cinematics were incredible and I thought the overall game looked damn good. More so than I was expecting.

Tanin 01-17-2014 11:12 PM

I loved the first one.... disliked where the story went after that so stopped playing them after 3.

Thundercrack85 01-17-2014 11:42 PM

Reach's plot was kind of limited by the fact that we all knew what would happen to Reach, and that most of the Spartans would obviously die.

With Halo Reach, I missed having a clear villain.

But the gameplay, the landscapes, etc, maybe be the best in the series.

Airnick 01-21-2014 09:22 PM

Halo 3.

Spider-Vader 01-26-2014 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 (Post 27685813)
IDK about that, 4 was the first time(besides Combat Evolved) where I was actually impressed by the visuals. The cinematics were incredible and I thought the overall game looked damn good. More so than I was expecting.

Halo 4 is no doubt the best looking 360 game, tied with Naughty Dog's stuff for best looking game this gen.

DarthSkywalker 01-26-2014 05:14 AM

Combat Evolved for me is as close to perfection as games get. It might be my favorite game of all time. It is the co-op game. My brother and I must have beaten it at least 10 times over the years. Never, ever gets old.

I am not a big fan of 2 or 3, though I do enjoy ODST and Reach quite a bit. Halo 4 for me is the best since the first. Really enjoyed the campaign.