The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Star Wars: Episode VII (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=575)
-   -   General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 8 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=472153)

Thread Manager 01-17-2014 11:08 PM

Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 7

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 01-17-2014 11:08 PM

Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 6

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Whiskey Tango 01-17-2014 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter Rider (Post 27685893)
There wasn't a Star Wars themed version? :oldrazz:

Not one that makes me giggle like this one does. :yay:

Hunter Rider 01-17-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango (Post 27685913)
Not one that makes me giggle like this one does. :yay:

Heh! :D The only scene I can think of fropm Star Wars that truly fits the "In before lock" theme is Han hurdling the blast doors as they close in ANH.

jonathancrane 01-17-2014 11:21 PM

Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 8

The paradigm of the prequel trilogy fans mirrors that of those such as myself who like the Hobbit trilogy: one wades through a never-ending stream of hate towards the films and constant insinuations of having less cultural currency than the elitist-Tolkien fans.

Hunter Rider 01-17-2014 11:23 PM

I was gonna put this in a PM but I'll just do it openly.

@Solidus and Whiskey; My intention was never about branding EVERY OT only fan, and yes my post contained an antagonistic tone I admit. My reason being that every time a change was made to the OT it was defecated on, no matter how minor it was, but change a major chunk of the 6 film saga that was developed largely in the PT, and it's fine, great in fact, the double standard coupled with my love of AOTC and Boba Fett rubbed my rhubarb.

Me bringing up your posting style elsewhere Whiskey was because you took my post out of context and accused me of doing something you do all the time, which is post brashly based off emotion. Then you brought me being red into it which always pisses me off as I never use that as leverage, it's my cardinal rule.

It was never meant to get personal, like I say Whiskey I've went to bat for you because while you can often be abrasive, it comes from a place of passion and positivity, and Solidus, we go back nearly ten years, I hope you realize there was no beef from my side, simply a passionate disagreement.

If anyone was offended or upset with my posts, I apologize but feel free to report it, we have an independent staff and I'm not bulletproof, I stand by my posts but others may feel I crossed a line.

Solidus 01-17-2014 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter Rider (Post 27686123)

@Solidus and Whiskey; My intention was never about branding EVERY OT only fan, and yes my post contained an antagonistic tone I admit. My reason being that every time a change was made to the OT it was defecated on, no matter how minor it was, but change a major chunk of the 6 film saga that was developed largely in the PT, and it's fine, great in fact, the double standard coupled with my love of AOTC and Boba Fett rubbed my rhubarb.

Me bringing up your posting style elsewhere Whiskey was because you took my post out of context and accused me of doing something you do all the time, which is post brashly based off emotion. Then you brought me being red into it which always pisses me off as I never use that as leverage, it's my cardinal rule.

It was never meant to get personal, like I say Whiskey I've went to bat for you because while you can often be abrasive, it comes from a place of passion and positivity, and Solidus, we go back nearly ten years, I hope you realize there was no beef from my side, simply a passionate disagreement.

If anyone was offended or upset with my posts, I apologize but feel free to report it, we have an independent staff and I'm not bulletproof, I stand by my posts but others may feel I crossed a line.

It's fine, we all are passionate about SW and what we love. And we may see things very differently. I mean hey you showed me TCW :cwink: and I liked that.

It is a double edged sword I guess. Or lightsaber for that matter. Because a lot of us had to deal with changes to what we loved for years, but it still did not stop me from loving what was there. Nor do I think it will stop you from loving what you like about Boba. Regardless it still keeps all that he did in the PT intact.

But it's okay, I'm not reporting anything, it was just an intense passion filled conversation, like I said with SW it happens.

Whiskey Tango 01-17-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter Rider (Post 27686123)

It's cool, amigo. I'm the very first person to admit that I am a huge dick head, often with great vigor and frequency. Calling me 'abrasive' is putting it lightly. And pulling the red card was a jerkstore cheap shot and I shouldn't have went there.

No reports here, except the usual dozen I file against Sawyer every day just for giggles.

We're all SW fans in the end. Now, who's up for sneaking over to one of the Star Trek threads and stealing those a-holes mascot?

Solidus 01-17-2014 11:41 PM

Well I've heard the BVS forums are pure anarchy right now. I'm weary to go over there and see what's going on. Is it safe?

Octoberist 01-17-2014 11:41 PM

Good..Good..I can feel the hate of the BvS.

georgec 01-17-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidus (Post 27686305)
Well I've heard the BVS forums are pure anarchy right now. I'm weary to go over there and see what's going on. Is it safe?

It's better than it was 2-3 hours ago.

I think people's spirits for that movie and for eventual JL are just utterly broken.

Hunter Rider 01-17-2014 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidus (Post 27686205)
It's fine, we all are passionate about SW and what we love. And we may see things very differently. I mean hey you showed me TCW :cwink: and I liked that.

It is a double edged sword I guess. Or lightsaber for that matter. Because a lot of us had to deal with changes to what we loved for years, but it still did not stop me from loving what was there. Nor do I think it will stop you from loving what you like about Boba. Regardless it still keeps all that he did in the PT intact.

But it's okay, I'm not reporting anything, it was just an intense passion filled conversation, like I said with SW it happens.

Ah TCW, it's kinda like the ultimate meeting of SW fans, both OT, PT and entire saga fans seem to like the show! :D

The thing that will irritate me until I'm 6 feet under will be that Boba would be two different people, but nothing is anything but a LR rumnour for now, so I'll remain hopeful! At the end of the day nothing will change me loving Star Wars as a whole though.

:up: Sith happens! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango (Post 27686275)
It's cool, amigo. I'm the very first person to admit that I am a huge dick head, often with great vigor and frequency. Calling me 'abrasive' is putting it lightly. And pulling the red card was a jerkstore cheap shot.

No reports here, except the usual dozen I file against Sawyer every day just for giggles.

We're all SW fans in the end. Now, who's up for sneaking over to one of the Star Trek threads and stealing those a-holes mascot?

We all have our flaws man, at least when we recognize them we can try to work around em. :up:

Sawyer finds his way into everything! :funny:

I'm inl, although Solidus may be on the fence as he's a Trekkie as well! :sus: :D

Hunter Rider 01-17-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Is this due to pushing the date back? I don't see the big concern, I mean I get the frustration as I want to see the film as well, but I don't see anything to worry about.

Solidus 01-17-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octoberist (Post 27686311)
Good..Good..I can feel the hate of the BvS.

I thought I smelt burning over there as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgec (Post 27686345)

I think people's spirits for that movie and for eventual JL are just utterly broken.

Ah I see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter Rider (Post 27686367)
Ah TCW, it's kinda like the ultimate meeting of SW fans, both OT, PT and entire saga fans seem to like the show! :D

The thing that will irritate me until I'm 6 feet under will be that Boba would be two different people, but nothing is anything but a LR rumnour for now, so I'll remain hopeful! At the end of the day nothing will change me loving Star Wars as a whole though.

:up: Sith happens! :D

We all have our flaws man, at least when we recognize them we can try to work around em. :up:

Sawyer finds his way into everything! :funny:

I'm inl, although Solidus may be on the fence as he's a Trekkie as well! :sus: :D

Oh I love Trek...but my love for SW knows no bounds, and surpasses it by light years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter Rider (Post 27686389)
Is this due to pushing the date back? I don't see the big concern, I mean I get the frustration as I want to see the film as well, but I don't see anything to worry about.

Ya, I see it as a good thing to take more time on it, ya it does suck to wait longer. But I saw some of the early stuff when that news broke over there, and wow. It was intense it seemed.

Octoberist 01-18-2014 12:11 AM

It's funny how some even accused WB and Snyder of being cowards.

StarLord 01-18-2014 01:09 AM

Quote:

I'd stay out of there for a few months or at least until May 2016.

Solidus 01-18-2014 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarLord (Post 27687049)
I'd stay out of there for a few months or at least until May 2016.

:woot:

LOL Maybe I should.

Young Superman 01-18-2014 03:03 AM

I am starting to warm up to the Boba Fett spin off.

P.S If Ewan McGregor plays Force ghost Obi Wan in episode 7, they better use makeup to make him look like OT Obi Wan, played amazing by the late, great, Alec Guinness .

titansupes 01-18-2014 03:30 AM

Quote:

It was a bloodbath all damn day. Now, most of the madness has given way to say... impassioned reasoning? Think of the Jedi Council forums when the "Arndt out, Abrams/Kasdan in" news broke. :wow:

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgec (Post 27686345)

Yeah, that about describes how I feel about that.

On that note, Episode VII now has nobody nipping at it's heels for my 'Most Anticipated Movie of 2015' spot.

Hyde 01-18-2014 03:35 AM

Thank **** I slept through the massacre that was the Batman/Superman boards last night.

Wheels 01-18-2014 04:34 AM

Episode VII is THE move of 2015 now in my opinion. I mean I'm sure Avengers 2 will be good, but we're talking the first post-Jedi Star Wars movie here. It's not even close in terms of my anticipation.

titansupes 01-18-2014 04:37 AM

^ Absolutely.

Doc Ock 01-18-2014 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels (Post 27687735)
Episode VII is THE move of 2015 now in my opinion. I mean I'm sure Avengers 2 will be good, but we're talking the first post-Jedi Star Wars movie here. It's not even close in terms of my anticipation.

Definitely, I do have certain worries about the film but it isn't related to the film at all but my love of the Expanded Universe. Either way it's going to be exciting!

Doctor Jones 01-18-2014 09:36 AM

I have a morbid curiosity to go to those boards. But I'm actually kind of glad of the move. It gives some damn breathing room for 2015. Avengers 2 and mother****ing Episode 7 are more than enough to get me excited about next year.

EDIT: The first five pages of that thread are absolutely hilarious. :lmao: I mean, it sucks for the people who were excited, but the reactions are priceless.

Solidus 01-18-2014 10:20 AM

Well, like I said earlier, this confirms that LFL will not push Episode VII to May 2016 like some on here claimed it would. Now May of 2016 is packed.