The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Avengers Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=446)
-   -   Could Galactus appear in an Avengers film? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=472413)

Hulk-1700 01-23-2014 12:32 AM

Could Galactus appear in an Avengers film?

Saw a video earlier on IGN where it was stated that Marvel has the rights to characters like Galactus & Silver Surfer, so it got me to wondering whether or not this would be a possibility.

Logically, it'd be the best step to take after Thanos, and I highly doubt Marvel is going to be done after A3. Galactus would be an amazing & highly memorable villain if presented correctly on the big screen (as Ultron & Thanos will be).

Thoughts?

johnrain 02-07-2014 01:27 AM

Re: Could Galactus appear in an Avengers film?

Gordon Ramsey would be a good Galactus.

The Endless 02-07-2014 01:28 AM

Huh? I thought the big G and his Heralds was all with Fox and the Fantastic Four?

Spooderman 02-09-2014 03:32 PM

If both Disney and Fox can use the Maximoff twins, then I think both can use Galactus.

ObakeTora 02-12-2014 12:47 PM

Makes you just want to say, dammit Marvel why!!!?

Rorschach2012 02-15-2014 01:21 AM

I voted no before I knew Marvel had the rights!!! Holy ****! Marvel should TOTALLY do Galactus

Human Torch 02-15-2014 04:48 AM

Sounds bogus to me.Wasn't it a year or so ago that Marvel offered Fox an extension to the Daredevil property in trade for the rights to Surfer/Galactus?Fox turned them down.

DjCrenshaw 02-15-2014 02:28 PM

Galactus would be just a giant hovering the planet like in fantastic four. I don't know if I could get into that, especially if he is a giant cloud monster.

Hulk-1700 03-02-2014 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Human Torch (Post 27944149)
Sounds bogus to me.Wasn't it a year or so ago that Marvel offered Fox an extension to the Daredevil property in trade for the rights to Surfer/Galactus?Fox turned them down.

Well, IGN posted the video so you can probably find it quickly & check it out. From what I can recall, the deal was that Marvel would be helping Fox...whereas they could just let Fox fall on their face in regards to certain characters, they would help them with those properties in exchange for certain characters like the Silver Surfer & Galactus.

As I said before, if they are 100% accurate on that then I want to see Marvel bring out Galactus because they'd know how to make him into a true spectacle to behold on screen....and not just a giant cloud.

CyclopsWasRight 03-02-2014 07:01 AM

Galactus is primarily a Fantastic Four villain. Shouldn't be in an Avengers movie anymore than Thanos in a Fantastic Four movie or Apocalypse in a Spider-Man movie

8ulk 09-23-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spooderman (Post 27896257)
If both Disney and Fox can use the Maximoff twins, then I think both can use Galactus.

Im afraid it doesnt work like that. Marvel Studios didnt just get to use the Maximoff twins.

It a special situtation where the Maximoff twins were Avengers for a long time and Marvel had the rights to use them. The had discussions with FOX and came to an agreement. Both studios can use them but Marvel studios cant refer to them as "mutants".Their rights are in a gray area. Both studios have the rights.

Galactus is owned by FOX and Marvel studios CANT use him.