The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=472891)

Thread Manager 01-30-2014 10:46 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 1
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 01-30-2014 10:46 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

I SEE SPIDEY 01-30-2014 10:46 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 1
 
He didn't even need to post the trailer because I've watched all of them. I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble and I'm not saying the film is going to suck, I'm just saying I haven't seen a reason to get excited.

CB Fan 01-30-2014 10:58 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
That Maleficent trailer is awesome and took me from being mildly interested to highly interested. Lana Del Rey's cover of Once Upon a Dream is a dreary treat. That said we have three hard hitting films coming in May with ASM2 , DOFP, and Maleficent I just hope they don't harm each other too bad box office wise.

EnDz0n3 01-30-2014 11:12 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
A Million Ways to Die does not look funny at all.

Maybe DOFP has a shot of better legs at the box office on its second weekend after all. At least 2nd in the box office.

psylockolussus 01-30-2014 11:18 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
Well hopefully in its 2nd weekend, it would earn more money than A Million Ways to Die so it won't drop from #1 to #3.

And hopefully DOFP will stay at the top ten for at least five weeks!

X2 spent 7 weeks in the top ten btw!

DarthSkywalker 01-31-2014 08:39 AM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Winter Soldier ladies and gentleman.

And the return of Spidey.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Yeah so... DoFP is going to need to start bringing it. :wow:

SuperT 01-31-2014 08:56 AM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
I'm more upset at that Black Widow poster because they've photoshopped poor Scarlet Johansson to high heaven to look so damn skinny.

Samarus 01-31-2014 09:16 AM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
Black Widow poster is plain ***** imo. Why the hell photoshop Scarlett Johansson? And that posing is kinda akward.
But btt: The empire magazine cover "event" was better marketing than I thought at first. Nearly every website I visit had two or even more DOFP related news as one of their top topics.
Nonetheless I want a superbowlspot :D

Zarex 01-31-2014 10:00 AM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samarus (Post 27808695)
Black Widow poster is plain ***** imo. Why the hell photoshop Scarlett Johansson? And that posing is kinda akward.
But btt: The empire magazine cover "event" was better marketing than I thought at first. Nearly every website I visit had two or even more DOFP related news as one of their top topics.
Nonetheless I want a superbowlspot :D

The Empire magazine cover release was a neat bit of promotion, but I don't see how it expands the DOFP audience away from the hardcore X-Men fan base. The Cap and Spidey Super Bowl spots have the potential to expand the fan base for the respective sequels by targeting a much wider market. I think FOX should have kicked in the cash and develop the buzz required to pay off their huge investment, but we shall see.

Samarus 01-31-2014 10:07 AM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarex (Post 27809091)
The Empire magazine cover release was a neat bit of promotion, but I don't see how it expands the DOFP audience away from the hardcore X-Men fan base. The Cap and Spidey Super Bowl spots have the potential to expand the fan base for the respective sequels by targeting a much wider market. I think FOX should have kicked in the cash and develop the buzz required to pay off their huge investment, but we shall see.

Like I wrote in the post before yours, over two days DOFP related news were featured everywhere on the internet even one of my friends who hasn't seen one X-men film to date and rarely visits comicbookrelated websites, got the news. At first I also thought the covers wouldn't be much more than fanservice but looking at the result I have to say it was a neat promotion.
Now, with a good superbowlspot X-Men could become one of the most anticipated movies this year. Let's hope FOX has some suprise for us on sunday :p

I SEE SPIDEY 01-31-2014 10:38 AM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
I don't think they need a Superbowl trailer but the next trailer is going to have to look more interesting. I'm loving the Cap footage I'm seeing and would like to see some footage of Days of Future Past that makes it look like an event. It comes out at the end of May so they don't have to release a trailer tomorrow.

SuperT 01-31-2014 11:16 AM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
You're absolutely right. They don't need, nor should they, release any spot or trailer Sunday during the Super Bowl. It's a massive waste of money, especially with Transformers, Spidey and Cap already having a presence - something will get lost in the shuffle.

I do agree that the next trailer needs to have some heavy action and nice set pieces in addition to great characters beats like the first trailer.

X-Maniac 01-31-2014 11:32 AM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
The next trailer needs

1) to sum up the story in a few key dialogue/action moments
2) to show quick clips of some kick-ass action
3) to show off a good selection of varied, appealing characters, not just Wolverine. I would hope some of the more interesting newcomers like Blink are featured.

Angamb 01-31-2014 12:45 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
damm, an old choice of mine for Mr. Sinister, Jeremy Irons, has been confirmed to play Alfred on Batman/Superman movie

:(

Hopefully Fox and Singer find an actor as awesome as Jeremy for Sinister, whenever they wanna introduce him. And hopefully, he gets a multi picture run, instead of being introduced and killed on the same movie, as Shaw.

Sinister is too iconic of a villain to be treated like that in just one movie, Apocalypse and Sinister should be part of a multi picture story. so... lets hope for the best.

henzINNIT 01-31-2014 12:51 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
I don't know why but I think Spidey looks terrible. I swear I got more thrill out of the CGI 10 years ago. Not sure what's going on there.

I predict another X trailer dropping shortly after Superbowl. Fox has a habbit of dropping things in a reactionary way, so they'll try to stiffle buzz from competetors by releasing a trailer of their own.

EnDz0n3 01-31-2014 01:51 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker (Post 27808433)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Winter Soldier ladies and gentleman.

And the return of Spidey.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Am I hearing things or did both Spidey and Cap Superbowl Commercials have the same beats a la dun dun dun DUN! (sorry I don't know how to explain it).

Based on these two teasers to their commercials Spidey > Cap. It looks like they're holding back on the Cap ad but that might be because it's a teaser to the ad...Also, how come they kept the Mary Jane cameo in there? And last Mark Zuckerberg as Lex Luthor?! Oh Lordy! :oldrazz:

NanaT 01-31-2014 02:24 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angamb (Post 27810883)
damm, an old choice of mine for Mr. Sinister, Jeremy Irons, has been confirmed to play Alfred on Batman/Superman movie

:(

Hopefully Fox and Singer find an actor as awesome as Jeremy for Sinister, whenever they wanna introduce him. And hopefully, he gets a multi picture run, instead of being introduced and killed on the same movie, as Shaw.

Sinister is too iconic of a villain to be treated like that in just one movie, Apocalypse and Sinister should be part of a multi picture story. so... lets hope for the best.

I've always wanted Colin Firth to play Sinister.

Green Goblin 01-31-2014 02:27 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
In TASM2's Marketing they've thrown in everything and the kitchen sink.

Angamb 01-31-2014 02:27 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
Colin is good..... but he doesnt have the right look for Sinister, you know the kind of handsome and enigmatic Sinisiter from the comics and tv series.

He uses to always have similar feattures on all mediums, and Colin just doesnt seem close to it

NanaT 01-31-2014 02:31 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angamb (Post 27812725)
Colin is good..... but he doesnt have the right look for Sinister, you know the kind of handsome and enigmatic Sinisiter from the comics and tv series.

He uses to always have similar feattures on all mediums, and Colin just doesnt seem close to it

Not sure about that. Colin can look pretty dapper when he needs to. But I want him mainly for his acting. He'll bring so much to the role. The make-up department can focus on making him look like Sinister. I just want someone who will be great in the role.

Also I don't think Jeremy Irons has any of the stuff you mentioned either. But he is a great actor too.

jaymes_e06 01-31-2014 02:34 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Goblin (Post 27812723)
In TASM2's Marketing they've thrown in everything and the kitchen sink.

Yeah and part of me wishes they didn't. It seems a bit excessive.

marvelrobbins 01-31-2014 02:35 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
Some people are going ape **** crazy over the lex luthor casting for Batman Vs Superman.

We will have to wait and see if sinster Is In APoclaypse but with Apocalypse as villain that Is a possibilty although let's remember It wasn't till Age of Apocalypse till they said Sinster had connection with Apocalypse.

marvelrobbins 01-31-2014 02:37 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NanaT (Post 27812683)
I've always wanted Colin Firth to play Sinister.

wasn't that vaughn's original choice to play Shaw till Fox thought there were too many english actors and they needed an American In film.

NanaT 01-31-2014 02:37 PM

Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelrobbins (Post 27812821)
Some people are going ape **** crazy over the lex luthor casting for Batman Vs Superman.

We will have to wait and see if sinster Is In APoclaypse but with Apocalypse as villain that Is a possibilty although let's remember It wasn't till Age of Apocalypse till they said Sinster had connection with Apocalypse.

Well in the Empire Magazine, Singer and Kinberg both said that XMA is inspired from Age of Apocalypse.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.