The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Avengers: Age Of Ultron (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=613)
-   -   Paul Bettany IS The Vision (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=473281)

SpideyFan866 02-06-2014 07:27 PM

Paul Bettany IS The Vision

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...ltron-20140206

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ge-Ultron.html

Quote:

British actor Paul Bettany has joined the elite super-heroes the Avengers and is in training to bring a comic book warrior out of the cold and onto the big screen.

Bettany will play the Vision, an old-timer in the world of illustrated heroes, in the second Marvel Avengers movie, Age Of Ultron.

British actor Paul Bettany has joined the elite super-heroes the Avengers and is in training to bring a comic book warrior out of the cold and onto the big screen.

Bettany will play the Vision, an old-timer in the world of illustrated heroes, in the second Marvel Avengers movie, Age Of Ultron.

He’ll join Robert Downey Jr’s Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow, Chris Hemsworth’s Thor, Chris Evans’s Captain America and Mark Ruffalo’s The Hulk.

Bettany and Jeremy Renner, who plays ace archer Hawkeye, were at Shepperton Studios just outside London this week, meeting with director Joss Whedon.

They did a series of costume, hair and make-up tests and worked with stuntmen and armourers.

The casting of Bettany has been shrouded in secrecy, but he was spotted at Shepperton on Monday. The Avengers: Age Of Ultron is code-named After Party . . . or at least it was.

I bet as soon as executives at Marvel and Disney read this report they’ll change it. But it was certainly working yesterday when I rang the studio and asked to be put through to the production office for After Party.

I asked for Whedon, and producer Kevin Feige, but was told they weren’t available. ‘I’m not at liberty to speak to you about the production,’ a polite unit assistant informed me.

The Vision emerged in 1940, but didn’t become associated with the Avengers team until the Sixties, when Ultron (played by James Spader) created him as a weapon to be used against the Avengers.

Through various story-lines and complex machinations, the Vision turned the tables and became an Avengers member himself, and married (or whatever it is androids do) Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen will play her).

The Vision’s powers include the ability to fire beams of infra-red and microwave radiation, and use a hologram force to render himself invisible.

SpideyFan866 02-06-2014 07:38 PM

Re: Paul Bettany IS The Vision

I suppose JARVIS being brainwashed by Ultron (like in the comics) is being done, albeit merged with Ultron's creation of Vision.

Rike 02-06-2014 07:44 PM

Possibly.

I`m just happy that we`re finally going to see the Vision in a movie. :awesome:

craigdbfan 02-06-2014 07:45 PM

Yippee. Great casting decision!

Suzanne78 02-06-2014 07:48 PM

If this is true, it just makes absolutely perfect sense. Bettany looks like Vision in my head. He's JARVIS already. He's a great actor… why the heck not?

I want to see his chemistry with Olsen now.

I don't know though, what is Daily Mail's track record with scoops?

SpideyFan866 02-06-2014 07:48 PM

I remember being pissed that Bettany was cast as JARVIS, because it meant he could never play Vision.

Guess I was wrong. :awesome:

So happy with this casting.

SuperBatman 02-06-2014 07:53 PM

Awesome Can't wait to see the Vision on the Big Screen.

The Chris 02-06-2014 08:04 PM

I'm pretty new to the vision character. I've been binge watching avengers: earth's mightiest heroes on netflix all week though and i'm excited as hell right now because i thought the vision was very interesting and likable. I love Bettany's voice work as Jarvis so this upgrade is well deserved.

MahvelBaby! 02-06-2014 08:13 PM

Words simply can not explain, how freaking happy this news makes me, the vision is one of my favs, and bettany will soon knock this out of the park!

Rock Sexton 02-06-2014 08:15 PM

Curious to see his costume design. I'm pretty certain they're going to make significant changes.

smallville fan 02-06-2014 08:16 PM

Oh nice, the cast just gets bigger! I wonder how they'll approach his power set on the big screen like how does a robot phase through objects ? Also would this mean Scarlet Witch is going to hook up with a robot?

It's also a shame Coulson didn't turn out to be Vision in the end, but whatever.

mkilban2 02-06-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallville fan (Post 27877003)
Oh nice, the cast just gets bigger! I wonder how they'll approach his power set on the big screen like how does a robot phase through objects ? Also would this mean Scarlet Witch is going to hook up with a robot?

It's also a shame Coulson didn't turn out to be Vision in the end, but whatever.

No worries, Coulson will be Captain Mar-vell.

Mjölnir 02-06-2014 08:25 PM

Very interesting. Not entirely confident in that this isn't getting a bit crowded but I'll have to have faith in Whedon.

batman44 02-06-2014 08:27 PM

Cool:up:

Broseph44 02-06-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Sexton (Post 27876991)
Curious to see his costume design. I'm pretty certain they're going to make significant changes.

Well this was from the site that shall not be named.

"They go on to say that "Make-up experts were using various powders and potions on Bettany’s pale skin to bring about the Vision’s chalk-white complexion." Now I'm sure any Avengers comic fan will know that the character's face is usually red..but, The Vision was depicted early on as being completely "chalk white", fitting the above description."

If true, Let the rage and complaining commence in 3...2...

Poni_Boy 02-06-2014 08:35 PM

This is phenomenal. Pitch perfect casting, and giving the fans what they want all in one fell swoop. Wow. Floored.

GENERAL RAAM582 02-06-2014 08:35 PM

Nice! I'm interested to see where they go with this.

Whiskey Tango 02-06-2014 08:43 PM

He lost the red/green/yellow for a good chunk of the 90's. I don't have a problem with it, personaly. Can't wait to see his overall design.

http://i.imgur.com/daT0nNb.jpg

Specter313 02-06-2014 08:43 PM

I'm cool with this too. Glad that he'll get to be a part of the action now too instead of just voice work.

CinematicESP 02-06-2014 08:44 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if he's pure white when Ultron first creates him, then adopts the familiar color scheme after he turns to the good side...

Broseph44 02-06-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango (Post 27877211)
He lost the red/green/yellow for a good chunk of the 90's. I don't have a problem with it, personaly. Can't wait to see his overall design.

http://i.imgur.com/daT0nNb.jpg

I don't have a problem with it either. But you know the hype and some people here haha. Figure someone will come out raging and claim we aren't real fans haha.

Saitou Hajime 02-06-2014 08:46 PM

Paul Bettany as the cybernetic progeny of a robot Raymond Reddington. That'd be just too much for the human palate to manage :hubba

Zarex 02-06-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinematicESP (Post 27877225)
I wouldn't be surprised if he's pure white when Ultron first creates him, then adopts the familiar color scheme after he turns to the good side...

He may turn red when Wanda tells him it is her favorite color.

ThePowerCosmic 02-06-2014 08:50 PM

This is exciting! Very happy to hear this news.

SuperT 02-06-2014 08:50 PM

Marvel has really been on point with this casting thus far! I just hope this doesn't get too crowded. We've got the original cast on top of Ultron, Pietro, Wanda and now The Vision.