The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=473515)

Thread Manager 02-11-2014 09:40 AM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 02-11-2014 09:40 AM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Morti 02-11-2014 09:40 AM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight (Post 27911817)
I loved the Cerebro effect. In X1 when locating Rogue it was fantastic

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but to me the photo looked more like the X2 cerebro effect than the X1 cerebro effect. They were a bit different, were they not?

jaymes_e06 02-11-2014 10:00 AM

Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Yes and X2 had the best Cerebro effects IMO so I'm not complaining.

marvelrobbins 02-11-2014 10:07 AM

It's not surprising Bryan Singer wants connections to DOFP with the best X-Men film X2:cwink:

It's been said DOFP will have connections to both X-Men and X2 as well as First Class.

You have sub-basement level and cerebro very much like trilogy.A cerebro effect like X2.Mystique looking more like she did In Trilogy than FC.Magneto In prison envokes X2.A mystique attack which may draw allusions to Nightcrawler's white house attack In X2.A pic showing a sexy Jennifer Lawrence in 70's clothes hint at a scene which recalls Rebecca Romijn In bar In X2 outside of blue makeup.

GuestStar2004 02-11-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelrobbins (Post 27911935)
It's not surprising Bryan Singer wants connections to DOFP with the best X-Men film X2:cwink:

It's been said DOFP will have connections to both X-Men and X2 as well as First Class.

You have sub-basement level and cerebro very much like trilogy.A cerebro effect like X2.Mystique looking more like she did In Trilogy than FC.Magneto In prison envokes X2.A mystique attack which may draw allusions to Nightcrawler's white house attack In X2.A pic showing a sexy Jennifer Lawrence in 70's clothes hint at a scene which recalls Rebecca Romijn In bar In X2 outside of blue makeup.

And toads design is a hint to... Erm.. X1 toad? Ok that one doesn't quite fit :/

Honestly I wouldn't try and look for a formular here with all these things, singer isn't trying to replicate ideas from X2 because that would be lazy, a lot of this likely comes with the story and characters and not just well that worked so let's do it again

Tehmeh 02-11-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 (Post 27911905)
Yes and X2 had the best Cerebro effects IMO so I'm not complaining.

Correct.

marvelrobbins 02-11-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 27911969)
And toads design is a hint to... Erm.. X1 toad? Ok that one doesn't quite fit :/

Honestly I wouldn't try and look for a formular here with all these things, singer isn't trying to replicate ideas from X2 because that would be lazy, a lot of this likely comes with the story and characters and not just well that worked so let's do it again

It's not like Toad doesn't have a history of totally having appearance changed:whatever:

GuestStar2004 02-11-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelrobbins (Post 27912045)
It's not like Toad doesn't have a history of totally having appearance changed:whatever:

whether thats true or not it doesn't match with your theory in your previous post that singer was trying to match everything, obviously not saying singer isn't trying to match some stuff but probably not to the degree i think you may be thinking

NanaT 02-11-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 27912087)
whether thats true or not it doesn't match with your theory in your previous post that singer was trying to match everything, obviously not saying singer isn't trying to match some stuff but not to the degree i think you may be thinking

Have you read the Empire magazine yet? That's where Marvelrobbins is getting his information from. It says it in there.

GuestStar2004 02-11-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NanaT (Post 27912145)
Have you read the Empire magazine yet? That's where Marvelrobbins is getting his information from. It says it in there.

what that alot of it is taken or inspired from X2? in which case no i haven't properly read through it, just bits and pieces

but if you mean trying to match stuff then i'm not surprised at the least that they are doing that, i'm more surprised by the stuff they ain't matching up if honest :P

NanaT 02-11-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 27912165)
what that alot of it is taken or inspired from X2? in which case no i haven't properly read through it, just bits and pieces

but if you mean trying to match stuff then i'm not surprised at the least that they are doing that, i'm more surprised by the stuff they ain't matching up if honest :P

Not just from X2 (that's just Marvelrobbins ad libbing) but from X1, X2 and First Class. They've deliberately tried to line up things to those movies and there are a lot of nods to those movies that only fans of the movies would notice.

GuestStar2004 02-11-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NanaT (Post 27912205)
Not just from X2 (that's just Marvelrobbins ad libbing) but from X1, X2 and First Class. They've deliberately tried to line up things to those movies and there are a lot of nods to those movies that only fans of the movies would notice.

Well yeah thats to be expected :up:

Rike 02-11-2014 11:08 AM

"There are probably a hundred of subtle allusions to X1 and X2 and First Class" - Kinberg
"It's interesting: you're changing the history by changing the past, but you're bringing the characters closer to what they become in X-Men 1, 2 and even 3" - Singer

GuestStar2004 02-11-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikePirado (Post 27912257)
"There are probably a hundred of subtle allusions to X1 and X2 and First Class" - Kinberg

as a whole yeah that makes sense, probably wouldn't expect anything less having both casts involved

when it comes to subtle nods or mentions i'm curious about while we have had FC kinda giving nods to the OT in X-men First class and probably get more in this one, i'm curious whether the OT or at least older xavier & magneto will nod back to FC in DOFP or whether they won't break that wall and keep the timelines storys seperate given the whole raven/mystique situation

Rike 02-11-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 27912347)
as a whole yeah that makes sense, probably wouldn't expect anything less having both casts involved

when it comes to subtle nods or mentions i'm curious about while we have had FC kinda giving nods to the OT in X-men First class and probably get more in this one, i'm curious whether the OT or at least older xavier & magneto will nod back to FC in DOFP or whether they won't break that wall and keep the timelines storys seperate given the whole raven/mystique situation

Some references to First Class in 2023 would be pretty cool. We are yet to see old Prof X talk about Mystique, since she was his foster-sister.

CyclopsWasRight 02-11-2014 01:02 PM

^ I'd love some references to FC.

What was rather brilliant about the Mystique/Charles relationship was that it changed nothing in the OT (since they never met face to face) but was rather big.

Rike 02-11-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight (Post 27913095)
^ I'd love some references to FC.

What was rather brilliant about the Mystique/Charles relationship was that it changed nothing in the OT (since they never met face to face) but was rather big.

:up:

BMM 02-11-2014 01:13 PM

Well, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 just received another new trailer rating. With Guardians of the Galaxy receiving one yesterday, hopefully this means Days of Future Past isn't too far behind.

marvelrobbins 02-11-2014 01:17 PM

At this juncture they are going to show everything In Amazing SPider-man 2 before film even opens.

Rike 02-11-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMM (Post 27913211)
Well, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 just received another new trailer rating. With Guardians of the Galaxy receiving one yesterday, hopefully this means Days of Future Past isn't too far behind.

I hope so.

Rike 02-11-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelrobbins (Post 27913245)
At this juncture they are going to show everything In Amazing SPider-man 2 before film even opens.

That's what all blockbusters do. :oldrazz:

GuestStar2004 02-11-2014 01:30 PM

Sony are actually marketing the amazing spider-man 2 very well

Angamb 02-11-2014 01:40 PM

Im starting to feel that we wont get a new X-Men trailer in the near future.

DOFP 02-11-2014 01:45 PM

Please, we need you too hope again.