The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619)
-   -   The Superman suit Thread - Part 1 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=475363)

Thread Manager 03-14-2014 04:30 AM

Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

John-An 03-14-2014 04:30 AM

The Superman suit Thread
 
Right from Krypton, the superman outfit comes for the untitled Superman/Batman movie. As previously stated by the suit designer it seems the Man of Tomorrow's costume will have some minor changes. You will find here; fan-arts, news, discussion, official pics, statement and stills related to the Last Son of Krypton suit.

Young Superman 03-14-2014 04:30 AM

Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juha Bach (Post 28180315)
Alien like texture and wrist gauntlets should stay. As it has been stated multiple times only changing the filter should be sufficient.

Agreed

Spamtron 03-14-2014 10:59 AM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...e_superman.jpg

Just because it's suit talk...

SofNascimento 03-14-2014 11:04 AM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
I don't think it will change much. Maybe the color tone and the belt?

Tra-El 03-14-2014 12:06 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
Wilkinson and the reports are giving off mixed signals. They are only saying "tweaks" but Wilkinson says the suit will not be the same, will be different and he strives to keep the suit fresh and new for this ongoing universe and story..which means changes and not tweaks. The S-shield could be tweaked..maybe the cape as well.

They just need to release these damn pics already.:BA

juggle 03-14-2014 08:28 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
Some great art of Kara in her potential suit.

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ez-d6y3iqh.jpg

gdw 03-14-2014 10:32 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by juggle (Post 28192501)
Some great art of Kara in her potential suit.

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ez-d6y3iqh.jpg


You know, I could really dig them going this route with her, if they ever brought her in.
Though I've seen some really nice manips/designs based on the MOS suit, but with a skirt, I think this could work too.

regwec 03-15-2014 06:18 AM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
It's alright, but I don't think it differs sufficiently from Superman's suit. Isn't it identical, albeit filled out with breasts? The impression would be that they were a Superhero unit, like the Fantastic 4 or Hawk and Dove, and I don't think that's really the appropriate dynamic for Kal and Kara.

juggle 03-15-2014 08:15 AM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
If they do make her suit unique, I hope they don't do it by revealing skin. That's too easy and unnecessary. Faora's suit wasn't altered in that way.

Alter the cape length or the lines in the center, sure. No miniskirts.

SpideyFan866 03-15-2014 08:48 AM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
http://i.imgur.com/TnUWPY9.png

gdw 03-15-2014 10:35 AM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by juggle (Post 28195305)
If they do make her suit unique, I hope they don't do it by revealing skin. That's too easy and unnecessary. Faora's suit wasn't altered in that way.

Alter the cape length or the lines in the center, sure. No miniskirts.

That's kinda what I liked about just giving here a similar Kryptonian body suit.
Although I don't mind A skirt, like one of the first manips we saw with the upper portion looking like the MOS suit, complete with sleeves. So a BIT of skin added, with the legs, but not plunging cleavage, etc.

lujho 03-15-2014 10:41 AM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 (Post 28195425)

I would have been perfectly happy with that take on trunks in the existing movie.

Neonzel 03-15-2014 11:12 AM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lujho (Post 28196033)
I would have been perfectly happy with that take on trunks in the existing movie.

I wouldn't.

Young Superman 03-15-2014 11:59 AM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tra-El (Post 28188745)
Wilkinson and the reports are giving off mixed signals. They are only saying "tweaks" but Wilkinson says the suit will not be the same, will be different and he strives to keep the suit fresh and new for this ongoing universe and story..which means changes and not tweaks. The S-shield could be tweaked..maybe the cape as well.

They just need to release these damn pics already.:BA

If they have to completely overhaul the suit design, I want something like this.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...9714-1600x.jpg

Super Kal 03-15-2014 12:04 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
i never want to see that design in a movie... i've already seen that suit plenty enough in video games, the comics, and in animated movies, and i never want to see it again

Leevor 03-15-2014 12:04 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
No. Nope, nope, nope. No collar, no action figure lines, no replacing the MoS symbol. Maybe red belt.

Super Kal 03-15-2014 01:38 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
if they are tweaking the suit, i really do want to see something more along the lines of this:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/213/4rlermm.jpg

8Diagrams(WU) 03-15-2014 01:42 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
If its tweaks I could see them going for the collar and a red belt. In any way the MOS suit was pretty good i must admit

Glassjaw 03-15-2014 01:50 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
Honestly I think the suit is perfect. The only thing that needs to change is getting rid of all the crazy colour de-saturation that they did on MoS for some reason.

Young Superman 03-15-2014 03:33 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
I love the MOS suit, but from some interviews with the costume designer it sounds like they are going to do more then just a few little tweaks.

Juha Bach 03-15-2014 03:47 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
At least if the new suit is not appealing or well received they have the MoS suit as the perfect back up.

fanboiii 03-15-2014 06:46 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Superman (Post 28197919)
I love the MOS suit, but from some interviews with the costume designer it sounds like they are going to do more then just a few little tweaks.

How does it sound like that when "tweak" was all he said?

Kato 03-15-2014 07:23 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Kal (Post 28197047)
if they are tweaking the suit, i really do want to see something more along the lines of this:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/213/4rlermm.jpg

Looks like a circus performer. The original colors have much more style. This is just too vibrant. Good for a comic book or cartoon, but not so much for a movie.

WoodyROM 03-15-2014 08:41 PM

Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1
 
I really think the suit colors are great, just ease up on the filters in post a little...but only a little, I really liked the colors in MOS.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.