The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619)
-   -   Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - Part 15 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=476475)

Thread Manager 04-03-2014 09:32 AM

Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 14

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 04-03-2014 09:32 AM

Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - Part 13

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

shauner111 04-03-2014 09:32 AM

It was Jett and somebody else who said that he was semi-retired and the drones would be there like Kingdom Come.

Bruce_Begins 04-03-2014 09:39 AM

Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - Part 15

Had Bale agreed to star in BvS movie, his Batman would have been at 40,... plus Bale himself is just One year younger then Ben Affleck (Shocking , I know as many consider Affleck to be "Old".)

So, a Batman at 40 is not really "Old" just more experienced.

DChero 04-03-2014 09:40 AM

It's funny how Jett tries to stir up attention over things like this, then claims that his site isn't a rumor site.

Bruce_Begins 04-03-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shauner111 (Post 28364765)
It was Jett and somebody else who said that he was semi-retired and the drones would be there like Kingdom Come.

To be honest, I don't buy it. (semi retired part)

Superherofan123 04-03-2014 10:37 AM

I don't buy the semi retired part either. Didn't Snyder say seasoned? How does that infer retired?

taigawithapen 04-03-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superherofan123 (Post 28365125)
I don't buy the semi retired part either. Didn't Snyder say seasoned? How does that infer retired?

This is exactly my feelings.

I think semi-retired is being used loosely and the key word there is 'semi'. He probably is still out there beating up thugs but I bet hes leaving most of it to Gordon and the rest of the Bat Family.

After rewatching MOS the other day, I had a realization that we are going to be seeing a version of Batman that is much more based off of the comics and cartoons then other live action incarnations. I say this, because there is no way a realistic version of Batman would be able to keep up against this version of Supes. I think the Bat Drones will be his main physical defense against Superman, while he relies on his cunning and strategy to provide defense against him.

Bruce Malone 04-03-2014 11:02 AM

I almost feel the role of Batman they had in mind was actually tailor made for the possibility of Bale reprising the role. But when he turned it down, they found another age appropriate actor to fill in.

Everything about it sounds like it was to have at least a vague continuity to the TDK Batman originally.

I SEE SPIDEY 04-03-2014 11:06 AM

Yeah the last cinematic Batman literally wouldn't stand a ghost of a chance against the Man of Steel Superman. You have to make this new version of Batman more fantasy based.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Malone (Post 28365253)
I almost feel the role of Batman they had in mind was actually tailor made for the possibility of Bale reprising the role. But when he turned it down, they found another age appropriate actor to fill in.

Everything about it sounds like it was to have at least a vague continuity to the TDK Batman originally.

It would almost have to be vague. A direct continuation of Bale's worn down Batman wouldn't have made much sense.

taigawithapen 04-03-2014 11:15 AM

Im just wondering how far they will dig into fantasy aspects for this version. What will his role in the JL ultimately be? This is where I hope they follow suit with the comics where Batman takes more of a leader/tactician role for the league as opposed to his solo series where they show off his detective side more. I think this would work well for the DCCU, show off a different aspect of the character for the BvS/JL films and then stick to the detective aspect for his solo film series.

This way, they never make Batman be something he isnt but he still serves a purpose to the rest of the league.

Bruce Malone 04-03-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY (Post 28365275)
It would almost have to be vague. A direct continuation of Bale's worn down Batman wouldn't have made much sense.

It would have been vague continuity for Nolan's sake mostly but TDKR was already pushing the lmits of fantasy with Batman. He started off almost crippled but he pops on a knee brace and boom he's ready to take on Bane essentially.

They could have easilly made it seem like his time off, helped him recharge fully.

shauner111 04-03-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superherofan123 (Post 28365125)

It doesn't clash.

Seasoned as in, he's been Batman for 10, 15 years straight. Semi meaning over the last couple of years he's still out in the public and doing detective work in the cave, controlling Drones. The drones do the dirty work. That 's exactly what Jett and others were saying. That's still a grizzled, seasoned Bruce Wayne who is tired and weary.

Superman just gets Bruce's ass out to Metropolis where he puts on the suit again, while the drones (and perhaps Nightwing) handle Gotham.

Quote:

Absolutely. Nobody will be able to convince me otherwise.

It was made in a vague way, so if Bale came back it would work, if he declined, they could rearrange a few things here and there and the reboot would work just fine.

bluerayer 04-03-2014 02:47 PM

I really dont want to see Batman using any "drones".

Superherofan123 04-03-2014 02:55 PM

I really hate the idea of even a "semi" retired Batman. Can't we just get a seasoned crime fighter who is weary after several years of fighting crime?? Is that too much to ask?

ЯɘvlveR 04-03-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

that's exactly what it was.

Rorschach2012 04-03-2014 03:38 PM

people keep saying he's semi-retired.... and i keep reading it as semi-retarded
\

Goshdarn Batman 04-03-2014 03:41 PM

Batman has hit his head too many times.

taigawithapen 04-03-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 (Post 28367891)
\

Glad Im not alone on this one...

bluerayer 04-03-2014 03:43 PM

Maybe he's delirious from too much pizza?

shauner111 04-03-2014 03:54 PM

I do believe the drone story. But remember, this was before Terrio came in and supposedly changed everything around. Including the original design for the batmobile.

So the drones could be sacked. But i like that idea. As long as they dont try to copy the recent Iron Man movies too much. If there are drones, i hope Bruce destroys them at the end of the movie when he returns to Gotham.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 (Post 28367891)
\

That too!

taigawithapen 04-03-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shauner111 (Post 28368023)
I do believe the drone story. But remember, this was before Terrio came in and supposedly changed everything around. Including the original design for the batmobile.

Has there been any word about how much of the script has been rewritten by Terrio? Didnt realize they scrapped the batmobile design, does that mean no more classic Cadillac inspiration?

John-An 04-03-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins (Post 28364819)
To be honest, I don't buy it. (semi retired part)

Neither do I. I think he will be seasoned and kind of tired with fight scars. but drones and that stuff I don't think so,

John-An 04-03-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superherofan123 (Post 28367515)
I really hate the idea of even a "semi" retired Batman. Can't we just get a seasoned crime fighter who is weary after several years of fighting crime?? Is that too much to ask?

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:

ArmsHeldOut 04-04-2014 01:03 AM

Another quick update from Jalali:

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...hers15/rj1.jpg