The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Wolverine (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=488)
-   -   Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=477191)

lofoa82 04-15-2014 02:53 AM

Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

I loved the X-Men franchise.

I even support X3 and XM:OW, no matter how flawed they are.

The Wolverine on the first two acts, took me to a height that only X2 and XM:FC delivered... The yakuza... the intimate relationship with Mariko... all so grounded... no mutants roaming around with flying colors... PERFECTION... Until we saw a giant robot who needed to "connect" with Logan to absorb his healing factor. One question... Couldn´t this have been done while logan was unconscious?

Anyway, the reason for my thread is: Why did FOX hired Bomback/Frank as rewriters? I read Chris McQuarrie´s script, and it was SO GOOD. I think Chris died a little on his inside after watching the final product.

Bomback, Frank and Benioff are no longer welcome on the franchise. Seriously.

I would love to be on the media and ask Shuller-Donner why a rewriter was needed. Heck, I don´t even know why Mangold allowed such a drastic change in the tone of the movie.

Your thoughts my X-Geeks?

henzINNIT 04-15-2014 04:07 AM

Re: Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

What was the original ending?

MagnarTheGreat 04-15-2014 04:12 AM

They needed Logan to pop his claws out.

Viper deliberately angers him when he is restrained to accomplish this.

In order to cut the adamantium claws, the hot adamantium blade that mech suit Yashida wields is used.

Mariko shows up next to Logan and this totally interrupts their initial plan and Logan gets freed by accident.

lofoa82 04-15-2014 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat (Post 28479411)
They needed Logan to pop his claws out.

Viper deliberately angers him when he is restrained to accomplish this.

In order to cut the adamantium claws, the hot adamantium blade that mech suit Yashida wields is used.

Mariko shows up next to Logan and this totally interrupts their initial plan and Logan gets freed by accident.

But at the end, what Yashida needed was Logan´s genes. Those could have been extracted clinically... Having the Silver Samurai just to cut the claws was, again, very cartoonish.

lofoa82 04-15-2014 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henzINNIT (Post 28479397)
What was the original ending?

It was a great final battle, awesomely written, between Kenuichio Harada (on a silver samurai armor), Logan and Yashida. The last man standing will inherit control of the clan. Obviously you know who wins in the end ;)

Also, the first and last command from Logan to everyone in the clan is: seppukku. So this way the Clan will end for good.

After the goodbyes between him and Mariko (logan leaves on a boat), an associate of him and Mariko, delivers to Logan some documentation with information from his past. He never open those, just throw them overboard.

henzINNIT 04-15-2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lofoa82 (Post 28479467)
It was a great final battle, awesomely written, between Kenuichio Harada (on a silver samurai armor), Logan and Yashida. The last man standing will inherit control of the clan. Obviously you know who wins in the end ;)

Also, the first and last command from Logan to everyone in the clan is: seppukku. So this way the Clan will end for good.

After the goodbyes between him and Mariko (logan leaves on a boat), an associate of him and Mariko, delivers to Logan some documentation with information from his past. He never open those, just throw them overboard.

Probably would have been better, though the last bit about ditching his history feels a bit too similar to his decision in X2.

There's a million ways to end the film in a more satisfying way, it did really dip after the awesome fight with Shingen.

lofoa82 04-15-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henzINNIT (Post 28480275)
Probably would have been better, though the last bit about ditching his history feels a bit too similar to his decision in X2.

There's a million ways to end the film in a more satisfying way, it did really dip after the awesome fight with Shingen.

Im with you man! That fight with Shingen is my favourite fight scene from all the franchise. I never get tired of it. Actually, whenever I watch the movie, I always stop playing the movie just after the fight with the ninjas. After that, the movie turns into a joke for me.

marvelrobbins 04-15-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lofoa82 (Post 28479255)
I loved the X-Men franchise.

I even support X3 and XM:OW, no matter how flawed they are.

The Wolverine on the first two acts, took me to a height that only X2 and XM:FC delivered... The yakuza... the intimate relationship with Mariko... all so grounded... no mutants roaming around with flying colors... PERFECTION... Until we saw a giant robot who needed to "connect" with Logan to absorb his healing factor. One question... Couldn´t this have been done while logan was unconscious?

Anyway, the reason for my thread is: Why did FOX hired Bomback/Frank as rewriters? I read Chris McQuarrie´s script, and it was SO GOOD. I think Chris died a little on his inside after watching the final product.

Bomback, Frank and Benioff are no longer welcome on the franchise. Seriously.

I would love to be on the media and ask Shuller-Donner why a rewriter was needed. Heck, I don´t even know why Mangold allowed such a drastic change in the tone of the movie.

Your thoughts my X-Geeks?

Is there somewhere why there is review of the Mcquarrie draft?

psylockolussus 04-15-2014 10:59 PM

For me, the problem with the 3rd act was the pacing and some bad lines.

lofoa82 04-16-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelrobbins (Post 28482377)
Is there somewhere why there is review of the Mcquarrie draft?

You mean why it was rewritten? I didn´t get you, I´m sorry...

marvelrobbins 04-16-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lofoa82 (Post 28493045)
You mean why it was rewritten? I didn´t get you, I´m sorry...

A review of what was In that draft and summary of what was different than of final film.