The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Future Batman Movies (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=625)
-   -   What do you want from future Batman movies? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=477435)

Harry Dresden 04-18-2014 01:16 PM

What do you want from future Batman movies?

What do you want from future Batman movies?

That hasn't been done before yet or well? Tone, direction, story, action, characters, etc...

bluerayer 04-18-2014 02:58 PM

Re: What do you want from future Batman movies?

Well, to embrace the fantastical elements of Batman would be nice .(*ahem* see my thread *ahem*) Like using enemies like Clayface or Mr.Freeze, even if they are just used in cameos.

Harry Dresden 04-19-2014 12:53 AM

Things I Want:
-Villains who haven't gotten a decent or comic book accurate portrayal like the Penguin, Poison Ivy, Riddler, Freeze...
-The Bat family.

bluerayer 04-19-2014 02:44 AM

Also, better fights.

Daywalker89 04-19-2014 01:19 PM

JUSTICE ! and yea better fights

bluerayer 04-19-2014 02:15 PM

And Bat-Gadgets, lots n' lots of Bat-gadgets!

Rorschach2012 04-19-2014 05:53 PM

Agreed with all of the above.

I really want Dick Grayson this time.

Chip Chipperson 04-19-2014 06:16 PM

A bat family done right, gray and black suit, an awesome batcave with all the props (Giant penny, joker card, dinosaur, etc), a batman who can actually fight, and no more realism.

Rorschach2012 04-19-2014 06:37 PM

more great suggestions...

personally, i don't want a big Bat-family. Start with Robin, let him become Nightwing, intro Oracle (i can take or leave her role as Batgirl), and maybe intro another Robin once Dick is Nightwing

Harry Dresden 04-20-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 (Post 28530011)
more great suggestions...

personally, i don't want a big Bat-family. Start with Robin, let him become Nightwing, intro Oracle (i can take or leave her role as Batgirl), and maybe intro another Robin once Dick is Nightwing

I agree mostly.

I want Dick to start off as Nightwing though.

Barbara Gordon's transformation into Oracle would be nice to see.

And The Red Hood.

Maybe Tim Drake down the line.

BigSams50 04-22-2014 06:39 PM

Better fight scenes, villains we haven't seen yet, Dick Grayson, a suit that isnt all black.

Infinight888 04-22-2014 06:46 PM

I just want Robin to be done right, a young teen (13 or 14) with a father-son relationship with Bruce.

I want them to stick with the same tone as Nolan set, maybe even a bit darker, if there's a bit more humor to balance it out.

Roderick 04-23-2014 09:04 AM

Mad Love!

Harry Dresden 04-23-2014 10:16 AM

It's nice to see all this activity in this sub forum . :lips:

bluerayer 04-23-2014 11:55 AM

Yeah, for a while, i thought i was alone here.

Predator 04-23-2014 03:44 PM

I donīt care for anything "fantastical" in the Batman universe. I like the idea of a human hero dealing with human threats.

PaulRom 04-23-2014 04:19 PM

Characters: Gordon, Alfred, Nightwing, Batgirl, Damian Wayne, Red Hood, Black Mask, Mr. Freeze, Man-Bat, Deathstroke, etc.

Gadgets: More usage of batarangs/grappling hooks, as well as electric gauntlets and explosive gel

Costumes: I'd like to see suits influenced by the Arkham and New 52 designs.

Storylines: I'd love to see story arcs such as Killing Joke, Death in The Family/Under the Hood, and even the Arkham Origins plot incorporated into future Batman films.

shauner111 04-23-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predator (Post 28563037)
I donīt care for anything "fantastical" in the Batman universe. I like the idea of a human hero dealing with human threats.

Normally id say the same thing. But im only down for more fantasy just for the sake of 'change'. To keep it fresh if they must make more movies. So then i wouldnt mind Freeze, Croc, Man-Bat or Clayface.

Chip Chipperson 04-23-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predator (Post 28563037)

I'm not interested in grounded, reality based stories, and thats exactly what we've gotten with the last 3 movies.

Predator 04-23-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson (Post 28565787)
I'm not interested in grounded, reality based stories, and thats exactly what we've gotten with the last 3 movies.

8 movies, 3 grounded, 5 not so much. They can still do a couple more "grounded" movies to get it even.

Chip Chipperson 04-23-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predator (Post 28566273)
8 movies, 3 grounded, 5 not so much. They can still do a couple more "grounded" movies to get it even.

well, we've never seen a batman that lives in a universe with other heros, and that seems to be the plan moving forward. so its not likely that we're going to get a nolan-like film for a very long time.

shauner111 04-23-2014 11:18 PM

Depends. Things in Gotham may still be pretty grounded.

Predator 04-23-2014 11:37 PM

Just because this Universe deals with aliens doesnīt mean it will also deal with the supernatural and all kinds of weird mutations. I bet there will be some limits. MOS tries to be a more grounded version of Superman, so i doubt theyīll go too crazy with the fantasy elements. Itīs not gonna be like TDK, but i donīt think itīs gonna be like BTAS either.

EssayM 04-23-2014 11:39 PM

I want to get a sense of the scope of Batman's legacy. The feeling that he's been doing this for years and has thousands of enemies locked up in Arkham. That way, we could have a storyline like Knightfall and have it have an actual impact. I'm tired of Batman's villians having to be established one film at a time.

Oswald 04-24-2014 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shauner111 (Post 28563507)
Normally id say the same thing. But im only down for more fantasy just for the sake of 'change'. To keep it fresh if they must make more movies. So then i wouldnt mind Freeze, Croc, Man-Bat or Clayface.

We almost didn't see the realistic side of Batman villains: the Joker, Scarecrow, League of Shadows and a bit of Two Faces, but there's still plenty of characters to receive that treatment (Penguin, Riddler, Poison Ivy, a Bane well done...), so I don't think it's time yet to come back to the damn fantastic side of Batman.