The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619)
-   -   The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=479767)

Thread Manager 05-22-2014 03:37 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 05-22-2014 03:37 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - Part 19
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Bruce Malone 05-22-2014 03:37 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20
 
Yeah good thing they didn't go for the look where batman sometime has claws on his gloves.

He would have totally looked like Catman in that case.

BatmanVSuperman 05-22-2014 03:39 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Longer ears would have been cool, as the shorter ones slightly make me think of Affleck as Daredevil lol. Still awesome so far.

vantheman77 05-22-2014 03:39 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Ben Affleck's batsuit proves you don't need armor to pull this off in live-action. I think Batman patriarch Adam West will be proud.

Daredevil? That now belongs to the Flash from the upcoming Flash TV series.

BatmanVSuperman 05-22-2014 03:41 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
I think they will show his armor technology under the suit at some point myself.

BatmanVSuperman 05-22-2014 03:42 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Maybe his suit will be lined with lead and Superman won't be able to scan his identity :D

BatmanVSuperman 05-22-2014 03:46 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
* Superman tries to scan his mask * Batman: What are you looking at? Superman: I can't... Batman: Atomic number 82... Superman: Lead. Batman: Brains and muscle? I can relate.

Bruce Malone 05-22-2014 03:58 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
I they'll have to let it be known there's armor padding. As hard as ben is probably going to work out his actualy physique is not going to match up to that suit and we know how much snyder likes his shirtless scenes.

BatmanVSuperman 05-22-2014 04:01 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
It seems all the DC superhero men will be sporting a sculpted suit texture rather than a plastic/rubber looking costume or a pure spandex look. It seems to be the best look for live action and Snyder seems to be running with it.

Wayne Bruce 05-22-2014 04:03 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman (Post 28857749)
* Superman tries to scan his mask * Batman: What are you looking at? Superman: I can't... Batman: Atomic number 82... Superman: Lead. Batman: Brains and muscle? I can relate.

Batman soon dies of lead poisoning proclaiming "totally worth it" as he takes his last breath.

http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content...-trollface.png

BatmanVSuperman 05-22-2014 04:04 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Bruce (Post 28857903)
Batman soon dies of lead poisoning proclaiming "totally worth it" as he takes his last breath.

Nah, Wayne Technologies is better than that! :o

vantheman77 05-22-2014 04:06 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
We didn't see Superman's weaknesses in Kryptonite and lead in MoS, but that may be explored in the sequel through Batman and Lex Luthor.

I hope the armor Batman gets is somewhere between Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come.

Bathead 05-22-2014 05:31 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vantheman77 (Post 28857929)
We didn't see Superman's weaknesses in Kryptonite and lead in MoS, but that may be explored in the sequel through Batman and Lex Luthor.

I hope the armor Batman gets is somewhere between Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come.

I hope he doesn't get any armor at all.

DarkKnight 05-22-2014 05:58 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bathead (Post 28858755)
I hope he doesn't get any armor at all.

Agreed. The Kryptonians were throwing a Locomotive across smallville. Dont think a metal Armored suit will help Batman at all. He will have to outsmart Superman. Either way we all know how this movie will end. They will fight then have a realization and team up to defeat the real enemy.

DarkKnight92 05-22-2014 06:52 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800...0/837/4ldp.jpg

Rorschach2012 05-22-2014 07:01 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
best coloring job i've seen yet ^

ArmsHeldOut 05-22-2014 07:06 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Agreed. That's perfect.

ShoguN 05-22-2014 07:14 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
TRUE ^ nice coloring

RAE072 05-22-2014 08:49 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight92 (Post 28859587)

Other than the sheen of blue I think this is exactly what we're getting.

And it's great.

BatScot 05-22-2014 09:41 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAE072 (Post 28860597)
Other than the sheen of blue I think this is exactly what we're getting.

And it's great.

Peeps keep seeing blue where there aint no blue... click on the pic, click on the imageshack pic, et viola "Ben Affleck Batman Black and Gray - Version 2"... and that Black&Gray version is great.

Saint 05-22-2014 09:50 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lujho
Even though I love the suit, I can see where you're coming from. I wasn't expecting something this anatomical and sculpted looking, I wouldn't have done it like that or even thought to. In fact when I first saw the pic low-res I thought it WAS another suit with a sculpted rubber exterior.

But then I saw up close that it was fabric, and that those muscle fibres were the weave of the fabric and those veins were real wrinkles (and repair stitches?).

Would I be right to say that you'd prefer if the padded suit he's wearing underneath was less anatomical/more abstract? Or just more smoothed out and less defined?

I would prefer the latter, but either is fine.

My issue is that's big and it's obvious. Muscle suits are (usually) a fact of life in Superhero films, and I understand why (though Spidey looked his best without one in ASM2). That said, I've always found the most effective muscle suits to be the ones that you don't think about because they aren't screaming at you.

MOS had a really elaborate muscle suit, but it was designed to be disguised by the suit itself in a way that made it (usually) look subtle. Superman's silhouette wasn't riddled with fake muscle, but when the light hit it the right way it added just enough to make him seem super.

That was great.

This Batman suit, as I've said previously, is a very different approach--and though I understand why, it isn't the way I would have gone. They clearly wanted to build a suit that, in the right conditions, is going to look like the rippling sinew of a horrible batmonster. I commend them for doing such an exceptional job in that regard; the suit has a wonderful balance where it looks, at once, like both a creature and like a rugged, used piece of equipment.

It's a very novel and interesting approach--but I can't help it, I still find the muscle distracting.

Quote:

I wouldn't have done it like that or even thought to.
This is essentially where I'm coming from. I don't want to be consciously aware of the muscle suit--I mean, Thor's sleeves have padding and airbrushing, but you don't usually notice it, you know? Similar deal with the Raimi Spider-Man costumes.

If this had been my movie, I would have built a sleeker, more elegant Batman--more Neal Adams/Norm Breyfogle/Jim Aparo than Frank Miller. That said, I can hardly fault the filmmakers for making what is, in effect, the perfect Frank Miller Batman.

HUMANIMAL 05-22-2014 09:55 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman (Post 28857709)
Maybe his suit will be lined with lead and Superman won't be able to scan his identity :D


http://thumbpress.com/wp-content/upl...iding-see1.jpg

Lencho01 05-22-2014 10:06 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint (Post 28860925)
I would prefer the latter, but either is fine.

My issue is that's big and it's obvious. Muscle suits are (usually) a fact of life in Superhero films, and I understand why (though Spidey looked his best without one in ASM2). That said, I've always found the most effective muscle suits to be the ones that you don't think about because they aren't screaming at you.

MOS had a really elaborate muscle suit, but it was designed to be disguised by the suit itself in a way that made it (usually) look subtle. Superman's silhouette wasn't riddled with fake muscle, but when the light hit it the right way it added just enough to make him seem super.

That was great.

This Batman suit, as I've said previously, is a very different approach--and though I understand why, it isn't the way I would have gone. They clearly wanted to build a suit that, in the right conditions, is going to look like the rippling sinew of a horrible batmonster. I commend them for doing such an exceptional job in that regard; the suit has a wonderful balance where it looks, at once, like both a creature and like a rugged, used piece of equipment.

It's a very novel and interesting approach--but I can't help it, I still find the muscle distracting.


This is essentially where I'm coming from. I don't want to be consciously aware of the muscle suit--I mean, Thor's sleeves have padding and airbrushing, but you don't usually notice it, you know? Similar deal with the Raimi Spider-Man costumes.

If this had been my movie, I would have built a sleeker, more elegant Batman--more Neal Adams/Norm Breyfogle/Jim Aparo than Frank Miller. That said, I can hardly fault the filmmakers for making what is, in effect, the perfect Frank Miller Batman.

I think another issue is that it's more obvious that Affleck doesn't have a body like that. For the most part, other superhero costumes (the ones that highlight muscles) don't look too far off from what the actors' bodies. So, when we see the Spidey suits and MOS suit with all their padding, we don't really blink. But, there are pics of Affleck that show he clearly doesn't have that type of body and I doubt they're trying to get him to that point too.

So, it was surprising and not surprising at the same time that they made him look a lot like Miller's Batman.

ArmsHeldOut 05-22-2014 10:21 PM

Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint (Post 28860925)
I would prefer the latter, but either is fine.

My issue is that's big and it's obvious. Muscle suits are (usually) a fact of life in Superhero films, and I understand why (though Spidey looked his best without one in ASM2). That said, I've always found the most effective muscle suits to be the ones that you don't think about because they aren't screaming at you.

MOS had a really elaborate muscle suit, but it was designed to be disguised by the suit itself in a way that made it (usually) look subtle. Superman's silhouette wasn't riddled with fake muscle, but when the light hit it the right way it added just enough to make him seem super.

That was great.

This Batman suit, as I've said previously, is a very different approach--and though I understand why, it isn't the way I would have gone. They clearly wanted to build a suit that, in the right conditions, is going to look like the rippling sinew of a horrible batmonster. I commend them for doing such an exceptional job in that regard; the suit has a wonderful balance where it looks, at once, like both a creature and like a rugged, used piece of equipment.

It's a very novel and interesting approach--but I can't help it, I still find the muscle distracting.


This is essentially where I'm coming from. I don't want to be consciously aware of the muscle suit--I mean, Thor's sleeves have padding and airbrushing, but you don't usually notice it, you know? Similar deal with the Raimi Spider-Man costumes.

If this had been my movie, I would have built a sleeker, more elegant Batman--more Neal Adams/Norm Breyfogle/Jim Aparo than Frank Miller. That said, I can hardly fault the filmmakers for making what is, in effect, the perfect Frank Miller Batman.

Another great post. Well said, Saint. :up:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.