View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #17
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

Default Re: I don't get the Wrath of Khan reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesyeed
I love Wrath of Khan. And as most Singer fans should know, Singer's a big star trek fan.

He even had a role in one of the next generation movies.

I know what he means by wrath of khaning it. More action. faster pace, possibly death of richard. This is all from Khan. And it's what he did for X2, he borrowed A LOT from Khan for that film. I finally noticed how similar they were when I saw khan and said "hey this is like X2... WAIT A MINUTE!"

Villain from the past wants revenge on an old friend/rival? check
Villain uses mind control methods to make characters do whatever he wants. Check
One of our heros sacrafices their life for the good of the many? Check.
Then you've got the x-men(Enterprise crew) being on the run from Striker (Khan)
Referrences to classic Liturature throughout the films.

Damn I love X2. It's a shame all we got as a sequel to it was Rush-men The Last Hour. People just don't know how good a Singer x3 would have been, I tell you...

But yes Singer's very much giving us a big hint here as to what to expect for a sequel IF he's coming back. And yes I think it might be a sly way of saying Zod, really the only one besides luthor who's an old enemy, will be the main baddy. I also think he plans to mirror Wrath of Khan much like he did in x2. Or it could just mean faster pace, and more action. I'm not saying he can't just mean that. I just read between the lines.

and just who is that Villain then??? I mean really are we really going to get Zod? and again ...where does the need for revenge come from..
True Styker was a bit like Kahn... but thats because of the plot... what Charles did.. or really wasn't able to do the story of his wife eventualy being driven so mad by the son that she had to take power drill to her temple.

See this is my main point... who is that villain for Superman... He doesn't exist really .. Unless Singer rewrites Zod.. and goes with a new Phantom Domain in which case..erm the traielrs alone will be enough to make people run for cover and not see the sequal.

Zod already was Kahn in a way... the time spent in the Phantom Zone trapped much as Kahn was.

So is that it.. Singer rewrites Zod but dopens't include the other 2.. and well it's again a totla rehash.. ZOd will find earth look for this.. Superman realize he is the son of Jorell... ect ect...

It may be 100 times more action packed and even a better movie but fewer people will see it.