View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 08:25 AM   #73
Dan33977
Banned User

Default Re: Best Superman Movie

jesus christ, this one was hard to choose. Seriously, it was. In the end, I went with SUPERMAN (which, BTW, I HATE calling SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE; it's just called SUPERMAN, people!! WATCH THE OPENING CREDITS!). Anyway, I really couldn't decide between SUPERMAN and SUPERMAN RETURNS, and even now, though I've chosen the first one, I still think of things that I like better in RETURNS. Having said that, I feel that, in the end, Donner's first SUPERMAN flick is just a damn classic (origin tale, Marlon Brando, Christopher Reeve, and all) and is just a TAD, TAD bit better than RETURNS. But, regardless, both are light-years ahead of Lester's SUPERMAN II and Lester's SUPERMAN II is basically the Mona Lisa when compared to SUPERMAN III and SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE. Anyway, enough rambling, here's how it all plays out for me:

1. SUPERMAN.
2. SUPERMAN RETURNS.
3. SUPERMAN II.
4. SUPERMAN III and SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE (You know, I never really could decide which one I liked better and which one was worse).

I might also add that I cannot WAIT to see the DONNER CUT OF SUPERMAN II; it'll be interesting to see where it falls in line among these other classic flicks.

Last edited by Dan33977; 09-26-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Dan33977 is offline   Reply With Quote