View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 09:53 AM   #80
dpm07
Hiking Hero

Default Re: Is Robert Downey Jr. a good choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan_2005
Neither did Micheal Keaton, when he was cast as Wayne and look how that turned out. Infact Wayne has always been portrayed as a 6'2" 220lbs of muscle, Keaton was 5'8" around 160 lbs, coming off Mr. Mom movie, but he pulled out a fantastic performance.

I think RDJ will do fine, besides its way too early to start saying this is a bad decision.
This is how I feel as well. Michael Keaton did an impressive job as Batman/Bruce Wayne when everyone out there said it was a bad move. Ironically, other than Christian Bale, I think Keaton was the best Batman.

RDJ is a very good actor. If he can channel his talent and not sabotage the movie with his personal issues and history of on-set antics, then I'd say we might have a very good Iron Man/Tony Stark.

I'm willing to give Jon Favreau a chance. The man is a good director, and does have a keen knowledge of comic books, superheroes in general, and Iron Man in particular. I think he knows what he's doing. I definitely have a lot more confidence in him than I did with Bryan Singer doing Superman.