View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 11:28 AM   #6
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 2

Demogoblin vs. Yellow Claw:

Definitely my toughest match this week; but, in my estimation, one that Yellow Claw would pull out the victory. This match is all about location, experience, and knowledge. As the various bios on Yellow Claw state, he's a "criminal mastermind ... born over one hundred and fifty years ago in mainland China. A genius in biochemistry," he has the knowledge and experience to learn about his opponent and use his lack of experience against him.

Since Yellow Claw is going up against a demon, his past dealings with the supernatural will be his advantage. As his bio also states, "The Yellow Claw has superhuman psychic abilities with which he can influence another person's sensory perceptions, causing that Person to see, hear, and even feel the illusions the Claw projects into his or her mind.
The Yellow Claw has considerable knowledge of sorcery, and has even proved able to reanimate the dead." It would be my estimation that a demon wouldn't be too well trained in dealing with a psychic who can influence his perceptions. And, with Yellow Claws knowledge of sorcery, he's probably be able to send Demogoblin right back where he came from.

This will be a match of shadows and deceipt. It's too bad Demogoblin's stench and flames will give him away. Yellow Claw's psychic training will easily keep him hidden, until he can use his sorcery to banish this demon. And, it is with Sorcery he would probably defeat this goblin...but, it's not his only means. He is a master in biochemisty, and has a variety of weapons, including one that "can weaken a person's will with his 'id paralyzer.'"

Winner: Yellow Claw

Last edited by Phaedrus45; 10-13-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote