View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #16
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
Rebuttal

Heimdall is anything but standard. His strength is in that range and everything else about him is superhuman including his speed.

Nova's strength is only in the 20 ton range. Given Marvel's ranking, the difference between class 20 and class 30 is very big.

Therefore we are talking about a weaker character when we compare Nova to Heimdall.

First of all, Nova does not outclass Heimdall in every way. In fact, it is Nova who is outclassed in terms of strength and Fighting prowess.

The speed factor is also questionable. Yes his outright travel speed is greater but are his reflexes? No they are not. They are comparable therefore in a fight, they would be on a level playing ground so far as fighting is concernned. Of course, Heimdall would be the one hitting harder with his arrays of weapons.

Let me say Nova would put up a good fight and it is commended, but he would be outclassed against an Asgardian God.

Just a little note this is not....I repeat not....Nova with the Worldmind. This is Nova, average centurion guard.

Rebuttal: Even without the Worldmind Nova has the strenght, speed and agility to take down Heimdall. EVen though Heimdall is an Asgardian, I think youre overestimating his powers in this match. Nova would be able to move quicker, strike faster and harder than heimdall could. Strenght really isnt even an issue when you can hit a guy as fast as Nova can. Youre underestimating Nova in every which way. Also, the fact that Heimdall was in possession of the Odin Force at one point is irrelevant to this matchup.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote