View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 10:17 PM   #39
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Default Re: Dougherty and Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotatromboner
How does anyone that calls themself a Superman fan, and by that I mean someone that reads the comics, accept Superman Returns? Routh pulled off Clark really well, but his Superman left something to be desired. Bosworth was just lazy casting for Lois. You'd think guys that were fans of Lois would know she knows how to fight. "Uh oh, a big scary henchman is coming to beat me up. Let me fall like a helpless victim and hopefully someone saves me." Yeah, that made sense to me too. The kid was something that nobody wanted, and very few people liked. Let's let Superman almost die because of a kryptonite shank in the guts, but later have him lift an entire continent made of kryptonite. Yeah, that made sense to me to. Ooh, we should have Lex Luthor wear wigs and have the lamest evil plan ever. Yeah, because I know I'd want to live on a big, dark, and ugly crystal continent too. Yah, the movie was beautifully written, too bad logic wasn't included.
There is still hope

I completely agree.

Lex is an evil real estate tycoon who builds a continent made of rocks! Genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosef982
You people are just so boring. Its sort of sad. Go read a comic book. Leave the adults to decide the good movies -- or at least rational adults.
Nolan used tons of good Batman comic material to influence Batman Begins and you see how well it turned out. He didn't make a lame distant sequel of a movie that was made nearly 3 decades ago because that doesn't know anything about the character.

Last edited by Mr. Socko; 10-22-2006 at 10:21 PM.