View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 12:20 AM   #96
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ
As I said numerous time... This is the ONE issue we'll never agree on.

You think he got a fair/decent deal in X1/X2.
I don't. The two times he gets two lead, the team gets thrashed. We know he's not entirely to blame. We just never get the vibe that he did better than anyone else would have.

You say one of the better portrayed characters.
It's true. Pretty much everyone got portrayed plain wrong except Mags and Chuck (well, depending which movie, really...). Doesn't say much IMO. I openly admitted the writers got some basic facts right. It's just that these facts were really really hard to not convey properly. That, and the writers hardly scratched past the surface.

You say he's got a 2-1 score sheet.
I say he got two lame sorry-excuse-for-victories which had to do with the sheer nature of his powers rather than his skill/wits/prowess. Not that he's the only one in the trilogy (Storm, anyone? ). Still, he's one of the most blatant examples.

Fair enough, pal. Perspective. *shrugs*

Oh well, I'm off for the night. Tennis match of doom will have to wait for later.
Yea, I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

When I say "one of the better portrayed in the trilogy", I mean that in a good way. You say that really everyone except Xavier and Magneto was done wrong. I think everyone except Storm, Iceman, and Lady Deathstrike was done right. Really, it all is boiling down to the personal preference of what you're willing to accept, and what you're not.

While there were things missing from all the characters, our difference comes from you wanting to see more, and me feeling that what they did was more than satisfactory with the characters.

I guess we could argue until the cows come home, and it will get us nowhere. At least on this subject. I think we both have very valid and reasonable points to back our views, and like I said, it's just a matter of what you're willing to accept and what you're not.

Tennis match of doom... hehe.

Well, anyways, how about some more nice Cyclops to send us off?

Includes movie information, timeline theories, character bios, and more!
Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote