View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 03:22 AM   #104
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPlaYa43
That would be a cool idea. What if they added some X-Men like lets say Dazzler or Banshee? They could have been with the Originals... The only question I have about that though is would they have to re-cast?
Nah, I don't think they'd have to recast. I think that they could continue with Stewart, Berry, Marsden, Jannsen, and McKellen (although I don't think they need McKellen for the entire trilogy, perhaps just the first one, to show how Magneto went from Xavier's friend, to enemy, and to show the X-Men have faced him before), and then the latter 2 films could introduce new villians.

I think that the original team would work best as Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, and Beast. I dunno how neccesary Dazzler would be, but I could definatley see Banshee playing a role, considering that Xavier does have connections to Moira McTaggert and Muir Island even in the movie verse. Through Moira's connection to Xavier, Banshee becomes a part of the X-Men, and then eventually, his daughter (Siryn, as seen in X2), could be sent to the school as a student.

A mutant massacre style plotline could also work, bringing back Callisto, Arclight, and Quill, and showing their grudge against humanity, as the Morlocks are slaughtered in the mutant massacre. Characters like Sinister and Gambit could come in to play a part. I think part of the end of the 3rd film could have Magneto recruiting his new Brotherhood of Sabretooth, Toad, and Mystique, and show Mystique killing Henry Gyrich and posing as him, infiltrating Senator Kelly's campaign. I say "new Brotherhood", because the first of the "Origins" trilogy could have an original Brotherhood with Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and perhaps Avalanche, where they are all allied with Xavier and the X-Men as one, until Magneto's eventual defection, and he takes his Brotherhood with him.

I have some ideas for how the "Origins" trilogy could play out. But this isn't the proper thread, I suppose. I only initially brought it up, because I think it's a good way for Cyclops to get a bit more of the exposure that he deserves. I don't have a problem with Cyclops in the movies, until X-Men: The Last Stand, but I do think that it kind of sucks that we only see the leader of the X-Men lead the team in 1 film. He's taken out in 2, and killed in 3. Granted, when he does return in 2, he returns as the head of the team, barking out orders, like he should. But the majority of the film has Storm leading the team. In 3, he's killed, and it's Storm and Wolverine leading the team, the latter of which has no place in leading anything.

An "Origins" trilogy could showcase him being the leader that, yea we did see that in the trilogy we got, but when the 2nd in command leads more than the field leader, even I question the impression that gives off.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote