View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #122
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''

Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

You know, most of the Clawboy club members aren't reasonable, just like their beloved character. That's why I never bother to care about their opinions on Scott.

When we say something about Fox didn't follow Cyclops' and some other characters' true character, they always give you this kind of lame answer- "Well, that's comic Cyclops/Storm/OC", as if this movie isn't based on the famous comics but is actually some original film with similar background and lineup so there is no need to stick by X-Men's basic settings.

Sure, Cyclops is not the main character in the movie, but neither is Wolverine. I wonder why they just never use the same standard regarding the same issue.
And Cyclops is the most important X-Men not because of his powers but his personality and position as their leader, while in the movie Fox just kept putting other characters' (not just Cyclops) characteristics on Wolverine, like they were too afraid of admitting that Wolverine is just Wolverine, the ruthless guy with shiny claws and unbearably annoying (IMO, but most people seem to think of that as "manly") attitude, nothing more, and if they didn't use something to cover up the fact, the audience and Wolverine fans would be too pissed off to watch X3!

But I think we should stop right here, after all this is Cyclops/Marsden thread, the last peaceful place where Cyclops fans can chat happily and carefree, let's not turn this thread into another "If you don't like this movie..." thread and ruin everybody's good mood.

Resolue, dumb, uncomplaining, a man in a world of men.
UraniaChang is offline   Reply With Quote