View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 09:47 PM   #329
Keyser Sushi
With Oil and Water

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I remember the interview, Heath did actually say that a week or so after he was cast. I kind of understood what he meant but I think the way it came off was a little ignorant.
Heath's point was that he doesn't have any pre-conceptions about the character (you know, like some people here). Instead he was a blank slate where Joker is concerned, ready to study up on whatever version of the character Nolan wants him to portray.

So now that he's reading the books, he's reading the ones that demonstrate a Joker like the one that Nolan has in mind.

And to answer you, El Payaso, I think Ledger's movies demonstrate that he can act quite well.

I haven't seen any that demonstrate that he can play the Joker, but I do know that any straight actor who is willing to take a part that requires him to make out with another man, is brave, and takes his art seriously.

If Ledger approaches Joker with the same bravery and dedication that he approached his role in Brokeback Mountain, then I think he will do a brilliant job.

DON'T CLICK THIS LINK!!!

avatar by JokerGrayson (thanks to Mr. Socko)
Keyser Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote