View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 05:22 PM   #344
batbat_29640
Side-Kick

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Sushi View Post
Here's another question about the Batmobile sabotage in Returns. Okay, they had these blueprints of the car... they took the damn car apart, and had tools everywhere...

...and yet, when Batman is trying to figure out what's wrong with the car, he realizes his entire problem is a goofy-looking transponder stuck to the bottom of the car, he punches through the floorboard (somehow... is the 'mobile really that fragile?) and tears the thing off. Problem solved.

Okay. So... let me get this straight. They had to TAKE THE CAR APART in order to ATTACH A TRANSPONDER TO THE BOTTOM? Wouldn't it have been simpler to just reach down there and stick it on there?

And another thing... if there's going to be a transponder at all... why bother telling us they have the blueprints? They don't need blueprints to stick a transponder on there!

And as long as I'm picking... Penguin said they were gonna turn the Batmobile into a ticking time-bomb or something like that. I guess he was speaking figuratively but it was sort of misleading. I thought they were gonna blow it up.
Yeah man. But ya know that's a Burton thing to do. Not saying I like it. imo that kind of silly running around yer @$$ to get to yer elbow doesn't belong in a good Batman movie. And speakin of Penguin . . . why take away his penchant for using a wide vocabulary. I 'kinda' liked Burton's 'Sewer Monster ' Penguin but it just made the character feel too unfamiliar for me.

BURTONITE? NOLANITE?
I'm a
BATMANITE!
Important message is brought to you by Sushi

batbat_29640 is offline   Reply With Quote