View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 04:22 PM   #21
batbat_29640
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jim Lee, greatness or over estimated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Spidey View Post
That makes perfect sense to me. Because that's exactly how I feel about the guy. Loved his work on "Hush" so much I bought the issues, then the two hardcovers, then the Absolute edition.

Love the dynamism in his art! Although sometimes it's hard to find differences in the way he draws certain character's faces (Bruce, Tommy, Superman, Harvey Dent).

I think what it is with Jim Lee. Is that his art is truely great. But the hype that comes with him is even greater.
Yeah I'll agree with that. But you can't deny that the man is a pioneer in the field. I think what really upsets people about Lee's art is that there are so many people trying to mimic his style whenever he has a popular book come out. No matter what anybody says, though. He changed the way comic art is done and for that I am greatfull. He and Alex Ross opened the doors wide for some of the best artists we've seen in years.
I will always have great respect for Jim Lee but I must say that I am a bit dissapointed in his Batman renderings. I wish more people would really push the "Creature of the Night" aspect in Batman's costume. The wholke blue "uniformed' Batman should stay back in the 60's 70's and 80's.

BURTONITE? NOLANITE?
I'm a
BATMANITE!
Important message is brought to you by Sushi

Last edited by batbat_29640; 01-24-2007 at 04:27 PM.
batbat_29640 is offline   Reply With Quote