View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #74
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Default Re: Should they introduce Kara Zor-El in the sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm07 View Post
Really IMO it was incredibly goofy for them to bring Jason into the mix. Many people I've talked to in the real world echo this is as well, and agree with the idea of having Jason really hurts the chances of bringing Kara into a Superman film.
i originally thought the same way but now believe kara could really bring home the message about the importance of family. that yes he has an earth son but he still has his heritage in the stars if you get my meaning. DC and WB are interested in supergirl as a property enough to have her in their movie plans overall- whether it gets made is another question. however female superheroes don't usually do well on film- adding her to the superman line up would be a definite marketing point in a future movie - and i think will get teen girls into the movie like the last one didn't. lois was just far too weak and they couldn't relate to her situation. supergirl would be a different story. I wouldn't want the clueless kara of the old movie though- by all means start her as not adapting to life on this planet but get over it pretty quickly. i mean these days kara is the pop culture cool character of DC.