View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #79
Sun_Down
You Best Is Enough

Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlives View Post
Ah, but therein lies the rub. There is no 50/50 split with the new Batman franchise or with Spideramn. That alone tells you there is something inherently flawed with the Singer vision. Does it need to be 100% positive - of course not. But 50/50 tells you it is flawed in a way BB and Spiderman are not. This is a huge, huge problem for any Singer sequel. It could well end up killing the franchise. Its why I am so adamant that WB needs to call it off, step back, look again and reboot down the road.

If a Singer sequel fails you and I will likley not see see another Superman film in our lifetimes. That is, as they say, a fact jack.
First off, there are plenty of people who dislike Spider-Man (*raises hand*) and Batman Begins. Granted, there does seem to be more SR-haters, but that "50/50" doesn't mean that there is an inherent flaw in SR. It might mean that. It also might mean that there is something in inherently wrong with the fans. Maybe they'll never be pleased. Especially in this environment where the fans seem to think that the studio "owes" them something. It also might mean that the character is just too big to every truly be captured on screen. Who really knows?

You make a good point, but your "if-then" logic isn't really convincing me.